The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

316 posts Page 4 of 22
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22 Next
Leave you lot for a couple of hours and look at what you get up too, oiled dildos and drooling...girls!

Oil pulling is fantastic just the best way to really clean your teeth and ferret out those particles which flossing doesn't get. Whitens your teeth as well and very healthy for gums. Also another healthy way to use virgin coconut oil. But watch out for drooling, handy to have a handful of tissues ready. Not a good look down the front of your top.
do you know if we can put it coconut oil on skin and hair ? It would be great if it's possible. I put olive oil on after my shower and I don't like the smell of it, even if the results are great.
Thanks Gillymary

stupid question, how does it smell and taste ?

I think you can find it in bio shops, not in the usual supermarket, can't you ? I don't want to order it online, as much as possible...
Coconut oil is pretty popular stateside. I can get it at all the local supermarkets and Walmart--even in the smallest towns around here.

It smells better than olive oil, IMO. Tastes...well, oily. lol Not a bad flavor, but with the higher quality/price you get, it has coconut flavor and scent.
I get mine at the health food shop and the brand is Melrose CoconutOilButter virgin cold pressed unrefined, it is white but any heat and it melts to a clear oil. I have used it on my face, others has said hey use it on their body and hair. Many other brands have been mentioned on other threads
I've just ordered some. :smile: If you're in the UK, Holland & Barrett have it in their penny sale. One jar is £14.99 so two for £15 :grin: The sale ends today at midnight so get ordering!!

It says on their website they do international shipping too
Manderley wrote: Thanks Gillymary

stupid question, how does it smell and taste ?

I think you can find it in bio shops, not in the usual supermarket, can't you ? I don't want to order it online, as much as possible...

It depends a bit on the brand of oil. Some is very coconutty (is that a word?), others have less to no coconut smell. The more refined, the less smell. If you like coconut smell and taste, go for a virgin, organic oil, such as coconoil.

In the UK, some supermarkets do stock it (though much more expensive than online) but otherwise, yes a 'health food store' or similar is your best chance of buying it off the shelf.
I'm allergic to coconut oil, but I do oil pull, not all the time a few times a year when I think my teeth need whitening. I haven' t noticed any of the other miraculous benefits that Bruce Fife talks about. It is an Ayurvedic practice that is meant to be cleansing and detoxifying, all I have noticed is lovely, shiny, white gnashers after a couple of weeks. I use organic, cold-pressed sesame or sunflower oil. You can use anything oily including butter and lard, even full fat milk if you can't bear the idea of slooshing oil around your mouth for 15 minutes. Then you must spit it out and rinse your mouth at the end, so hopefully no calories consumed!
I am a top to toe user of coconut oil. Every morning I slap it on all over, I give the wobbly bits an extra massage in the vague hope that it will help to encourage the skin to tighten up. I also have very long hair, after I have washed and conditioned it, then toweled it dry I put a small amount on the end 9 inches or so. It really evens out the shine as my ends get very dry.

I will have to try the oil pulling one day. I just cringe, at the moment, at the thought of putting so much neat oil in my mouth in one go. But I have been nagging my dentist about whitening my teeth, which he doesn't recommend, so I really must do something myself.
Just use a teaspoonful,Julie it and just chew it and as it heats up it liquifies and you the just swish it between all your teeth or pull it and have tissues handy to spit it onto to chuck away, the drains can do with out it. It makes your mouth feel really clean and reduces bad breath, It is not unpleasant at all.
Just started on the pulling. Used virgin olive oil yeatserday morning as all I had. I have read somwhere on t'internet, if not this thread, that olive oil can leave a yellow film on the teeth - not sure if this affects the whiteneing process. Anyway come 'spitting out' time it was very gloopy :shock: . Bought Virgin Coconut oil from H&B and pulled when I got home. My mouth is obviously not as big as most people think as the scant tablespoon had me drooling everywhere - should have read the earlier post first and had a tissue handy! It tasted nicer than the olive oil. Had another go this morning with a 'good' teaspoon of oil and seemed to go well. I have the dentist tonight might mention it to her and see if she has heard of it - might keep me at it until the mext check up then too :grin:
Ooh let us know what your dentist thinks please. I'm still edging towards trying the pulling ... Need some encouragement!
This is amazing information, far more than I have picked up before. Thanks! I use coconut oil for my home made oatcakes and they are delicious, even although I say it myself.
Wow I've been thinking of getting some for a few weeks now and I'm sure I now have all the information I need, my god I'll be putting everywhere (well almost)i have been using the one from superdrug for my hair + dry skin so now its on my shopping list for tomorrow deffo.
Just one stupid question if I so wished could it be used in hot oven as with spicy wedges apart from the expense, calorie wise on non fadtdays of course :oops: only I was telling my sister and she said can you use it for chips !!! As you can tell she hasn't yet joined me with this WOL even with seeing my results first hand :heart: :heart: Sue
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22 Next
316 posts Page 4 of 22