The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

316 posts Page 5 of 22
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22 Next
Sue, I use it for my spicy stirfries so I am pretty sure it will be delish with wedges. it has a very high smoke point o a hot oven will be fine, and coconut goes very well with spice. enjoy! :smile:
I have oil pulled using virgin coconut oil for three mornings now & my teeth look much cleaner between my teeth & shiny :grin: the taste is pleasant & I use a teaspoonful & once in the mouth, as previously mentioned, you do have to sort of chew it to make it melt before swishing, sucking & pulling it between your teeth. I can only manage ten minutes so far despite wandering around doing other things & I spit it into a small sandwich bag to throw in the bin, because it might block the drains. Coconut oil is different to other oils being a medium chain fatty acid that is also found in breast milk so is easily digested & apparently, according to Bruce Fife, also antiviral & antibacterial unlike other vegetable oils so it helps heal bleeding or sore gums.
The cheapest good quality virgin coconut oil I have found is Coconoil on Amazon that to me has a pleasanter taste & texture than the Holland & Barratt one. I am using the H&B one as a body moisturiser.
After only that one try yesterday (didn't have time this morning) I can report that my teeth are definitely whiter. I have a bit of a sore throat which I have read about being a common early side effect. Hope it's the gunk from the post nasal drip clearing :bugeyes: :smile:

Glad it's not just me that drooled everywhere. I am going to try 2x10 minutes as the really bad drooling started at about the 15 minute mark.

Sue I think you can use it literally everywhere, not just on your chips! See the posts from yesterday :smile: perhaps we should have a prize for the most imaginative. Thanks to everyone that has joined in on this thread, very informative :like:

Oh and I got mine from Tesco (top shelf of the oils section) top shelf eh? :lol: it was £6.00 but I'm sure it will last a good long time if used sparingly.
Wendy Darling wrote......................

"I think you can use it literally everywhere, not just on your chips! See the posts from yesterday perhaps we should have a prize for the most imaginative."............................... :shock:

I would have thought Julie had already won that prize! :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
I love coconut oil (got into it from reading health blogs) and have tried both Tiana and Biona - both organic raw stuff. The Biona one is in a biger tub and is slightly better value.

I have got a gorgeous cookie recipe that uses coconut oil, and also use it for frying things when I really want the yummy coconutty taste (stir fries, pancakes etc). I was inspired after reading this this morning, to try my second ever 'coffee with coconut oil aka bullet proof coffee'. I whizzed about a dessert spoon full (between a teaspoon and a tablespoon) with some fresh brewed coffee in my blender for a few seconds, to avoid the oil slick effect. I am NOT converted. I liked the sweet flavour and the fact I didn't need milk, but for me it was far too oily and actually made me feel a bit sick. It also didn't fill me up and I ended up eating lots of cake trimmings (I got the last bit of the chocolate tier of our wedding cake out of the freezer - 2 years old!) which just made me feel worse. Maybe if I was having it on a day I was about to go straight out it might be ok but I think I'd rather eat that many calories instead.

Might try the oil pulling though - could do with whiter teeth (thanks, coffee, tea and red wine!) and don't want to use any harsh chemical bleachers. Do you have to do it every day?
Can I not just brush my teeth with coconut oil? :geek:

Izzy, I owe you a great big thanks for posting that the H&B penny sale ends today. I brushed off my bus pass, hot footed it into town, hoping they still had some left and, yes, they did. they only had 3 jars of the £14.99 ones left so I got my 2 for £15, many, many thanks, I was going into town tomorrow and thought I'd get them then and how unfortunate would that have been?

Thank you again xx :heart: :heart: :heart:

izzy wrote: http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/article%20oil%20pulling.htm

Sorry if its already been posted.
Some info here about oil pulling. Not sure I would do it 3 times a day though :shock: Once would be enough for me.

I have to say I'm always massively sceptical about these websites that make such HUGE claims - 'I was clinically dead and yet I oil pulled and woke up' but am also vaguely intrigued. It will only cost the price of the oil to try and if I get whiter teeth, great. If it helps clear up my spotty skin as the site implies it will, then even better. If it cleans the house and does the garden for me too, I'll be converted!!
Thanks again everyone all taken in :like:on my list for tesco tomorrow, will try the pulling thingy could do with whitening and I also have PND so will see how it all goes :heart: :heart: thanks dhana + wendydarling
May try the wedges Saturday. Good Luck to all with ''pulling''. Sue
I did ask, rather rhetorically, if I could not just brush my teeth with the stuff, well, I've done just that! I drizzled a few drops onto my electric toothbrush and brushed until I could no longer do it as there was too much saliva in my mouth and when I spat it out I was really shocked, I've NEVER seen so much blood in my life just from brushing my teeth! I'm not sure what to make of it or if I should EVER do it again. I am quite hot on my dental hygiene and use those tiny little little interdental brushes as well as normal brushing so I almost never see blood from my gums so this has quite shaken me. What do the team think?

And yes, Izzy, I can see my bus pass, just, oh dear, this getting old is not for the elderly! I am going back to being young :shock: And as you are not guilty, THANKS to whomever it was that mentioned it, xx :like:
Ooohhh Izzy I'm getting a bloody bucket full of it :heart: :heart: :heart:
Can't wait for the toy boy to come into my life so to speak :clover: Sue
Sue Q. I've just posted about getting a bloody bucket full of the stuff, AFTER brushing my teeth with it and I'm glad to say there was no toy boy, what would I talk to a young lad about? Oh, what's that you say? Sorry, I thought it was SOCIAL intercourse, beg pardon! :shock:

Izzy, it was just a normal brushing session but a little bit longer than usual and yes, I am a regular at the dentist and no, no problems, don't think I'll do it again though!!!!!

Ballerina you won't be Talking at all :heart: :heart: especially with the bucket of oil, well in the old days baby oil worked didn't it ???
But don't let the young fit bugger ''Slip '' through your fingers :heart:
:heart: :heart: :heart: Sue
Ballerina, I forgot to mention........ I use teepee brushes too and am overdue a hygienist visit. I noticed this morning that the brushes were easier to use, so there must have been a bit of a plaque build up that the oil pulling dissolved. Ooohh nice!
Sorry to hear about your bleeding gums
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22 Next
316 posts Page 5 of 22