The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

610 posts Page 11 of 41
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 41 Next
Number 13 checking in with a 2lb loss from my starting weight but 3lb from the beginning of the week, yes I gained last week. :frown:
But yay it's down to almost my all time low. Happy girl indeed.
Not a proper report in, but just a note to say that for the first time in a very, very long time, my weight BEFORE a fast was lower than 240lbs. I have my fingers crossed that tomorrows official weigh in will be close to my lowest so far on the WOE.
First check in for number 58 and have got off to a great start with a 2lbs weight loss :victory: Thats 5.7lbs to go to target weight! :like:

So back firmly in the saddle and 5:2 hat is strapped on!! Bring on next week

Buddy @Lizbean so kind of you to stall your weight loss to allow me time to catch up!! :grin: Looking forward to more mindfulness next week - just the weekend to get over and done!!
Well I'm at 136 lbs which is up but not too worried. Holidays, family in for a visit, etc. We've got all summer, if in the northern hemisphere, and I'm feeling good about it! :cool:
Summer???? If you're in the UK, you've it, summer that is. Remember 4 days ago when it got above 18c well THAT was your summer. The kids break up from school in 2 weeks and as usual it will rain for the whole 6 weeks. Then the day they go back to school is when the leave will start turning.
spanner wrote: First check in for number 58 and have got off to a great start with a 2lbs weight loss :victory: Thats 5.7lbs to go to target weight! :like:

So back firmly in the saddle and 5:2 hat is strapped on!! Bring on next week

Buddy @Lizbean so kind of you to stall your weight loss to allow me time to catch up!! :grin: Looking forward to more mindfulness next week - just the weekend to get over and done!!

Hum, ok @spannerI'm ready - nothing beats a buddy on a mission! Ready steady go.................. :heart: :clover: do join us if you wish!
No 41 checking in with a loss of 1 lb. I am disappointed because I have tried so hard this week & am puzzled because I weighed myself at the start of my fast day & weigh the same this morning after my fast day? How weird is that? But at least I am going downwards again & nearing a BMI of 30 & once I get below that I will just be overweight not in the obese range :grin:
1lb loss is still a decent loss@Isis. I've never managed to lose more than a 1lb a week except the very first week. I haven't weighed yet, been busy making strawberry conserve and washing up. Have a feeling I haven't gone down much, if at all. Sometimes you can just tell and often it takes me a couple of weeks to see a loss. Weirdness.
Strawberry conserve sounds lovely! I have never tried making jams or conserves because of all the sugar but I love occasionally eating them on fresh bread!
Hi everyone,
#3 returning from a weeks holiday. I haven't weighed myself yet. I started the holiday with a fast day the day before we left. I did not fast for the rest of the week. Nor did I fast today, it's either tomorrow or Monday. I thinking Monday. I've actually missed the discipline of a fast day and looking forward to getting back into routine. I confess I do feel a bit out of sorts with my routine disrupted.
chinchin
#14 checking in with a 2lb loss - woohoo!!

I've had a slow start to this challenge but think I've found my stride now. I hope everyone is doing well.

Have come down with a cold :frown: . My sinuses are blocked & been up since 3am unable to breathe through my nose which is not good for a nose breather.

Have a fab weekend all.
#2 here, I gained 0.2lbs this week :( That's 2 weeks in and 2 gains, this is why I didn't join the last challenge. As soon as I join a challenge I start to gain. I stuck to 4:3 and lower carb this week but it's just not happening for me grrrr!!!! Well done all the losers :)
Welcome to our 2 new challengers - #62 - @Memory and #63 @Romany05 - good luck with your goal!

Thanks for everyone who has checked in! Congrats to those of you who have lost this week, @Slimmer, @Janpartly @gillymary @Sue.Q @Brand-ie @Carieoates @spanner @Isis and @patchworkperson!! :like: And remember - A loss is a loss, no matter how small!

A few of you stayed the same, which is ok too. Better than a gain! Hopefully next week the scales will shift down. So good job - @lizbean @Karenm.

And a few of us are up a little, including myself. Actually I'm up almost 2 lbs. But, it is that TOM, so I'm hoping that's what it is attributed to. I'm looking forward to a much better result next week. @piper - glad you are feeling ok about it and hope next week is better for you!

@justdee - I'm sorry that you think the challenge has caused you to gain weight (although it is a small gain.) What do you think it is about doing the challenge that would cause you not to continue to lose? Are you restricting yourself too much perhaps? Maybe some other challengers can help you out as a well, as I'm sure we all want to see you succeed! Hang in there!

Finally, just a small favor, when you check in, would you tell us your results for the week and also your net loss (or gain if applicable) since you started the challenge? Thanks!

Have a great day and good luck with any upcoming weigh ins!
I've been thinking about it and It's probably got nothing to do with the challenge. Although I did 4:3/lower carb I really don't think I'm under eating. It is that TOM for me too so probably would have lost if it wasn't. I'm also not drinking enough water, I'm drinking about 8 glasses most days but it's so hot I must need more. I've also stopped going for my long walks since it got so hot. I'm going to change a few things and keep my fingers crossed for next weeks weigh in. I will 1) Drink more water 2) Get up early and go for a walk before it gets too hot and 3) this week I'll try 16:8 and 5:2. I don't really mind missing breakfast and often just have something because it's a non-fastday. Let's see what happens Thanks for the support @cblasz

Challenge start weight: 168.4 lbs
28th of june: 169.4 lbs +1 lb
5th of july: 169.6 lbs + 0.2 lb
Since the start: + 1.2lbs (this is going to be a minus very soon)
Sounds like a good plan. Hopefully you and me both will have a better weigh in next week!!
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 41 Next
610 posts Page 11 of 41