The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

610 posts Page 13 of 41
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 41 Next
Evening.
#56 checking in. 1.5lbs gone this week. Takes me under180 so another little milestone passed. Looking for 12stone single figures next.
#17 in for a little moan. (Mondays are my official weigh in)
Strange things happening weight wise. I have increased after last Wed and Monday fasts! :bugeyes: WTF!! Hormones or water retention or something. It has happened a few times, but I havent been tracking it against my cycle. But as a result of the gains I have been so annoyed that I have overeaten last Fri and again yesterday. :cry: I am so close to goal, but the scales are going up. I will do a 4:3 or maybe even ADF this week. I will be fasting again on Friday, and I am considering going again on Sunday, as I have holidays next week. I cant run this week either as my hip/ knee are dodgy from my 10k last Sunday. Too much fasting in 1 week?

I think the strategy for the hols will be 19:5 eating windows, but that is assuming I can sit looking at the hotel breakfast buffet while the kids tuck in. I will also have to sip water in the bar in the evenings as the family indulge (holidaying with bro's family and my parents). I will have to be fairly determined next week. Send me all your "keep strong" wishes please!
@ScubachickGo low carb,,then you can have bacon, eggs etc for brekkie, then have slimline tonic maybe with a gin when someone else is buying :wink: . Also low carb. Win win.
Hi all, the stress finally got to me and I had a major blow up / crash with my family. So I've decided to chill for a week, no exercise, no fasting no stressing (shame I can't doge babysitting for the neighbors kids). I have been eating some rubbish, but most of my eating seems to be browsing for something savoury. I've started to take a multivitamin in case I have a deficiency somewhere. I've also dropped off most forums too, to keep the stress levels low.
So if you don't see me, I haven't gone permanently, just having a break.
Julieathome wrote: Hi all, the stress finally got to me and I had a major blow up / crash with my family. So I've decided to chill for a week, no exercise, no fasting no stressing (shame I can't doge babysitting for the neighbors kids). I have been eating some rubbish, but most of my eating seems to be browsing for something savoury. I've started to take a multivitamin in case I have a deficiency somewhere. I've also dropped off most forums too, to keep the stress levels low.
So if you don't see me, I haven't gone permanently, just having a break.

Big hugs @Julieathome - good onya for making the decision to do what you need to do. I agree that pushing your body does make the other stresses harder to deal with, and I also think from my own experiences that hormones can get out-of-whack too, and make these blow-ups worse.

Take care of yourself, and we'll look forward to seeing you when you're ready to pop in again.
Thanks for the tips @Carieoates :like: :heart:

@Julieathome, I must admit that towards the end of fast days I can get ratty with my kids sometimes :oops: is that fasting or just me? I think that us women are forever giving to/minding/taking care of others and we forget about ourselves. Its time to treat and mind yourself! Have a long bath, watch a movie, get you hair done, buy a magazine, meet a friend. Take time to spend on yourself. Cyberhugs :heart:
Hi everyone - 1 lb off this week although i was hoping for more with the amount of swimming i have been doing. Never mind it is still a loss and still on target :)
@scubachick - not just you - i get a bit ratty too towards then end of a fast day - it is usually the noise levels that get me!!! @julieathome - sometimes it is the best thing to do is to step back and have a break - take care of yourself :)
@scubachick and don't forget to enjoy your hols too. I have seen a number of people say 16:8 low carbs has worked for them...... yet to try it myself. @Julieathorne I hope the pesky stress finds somewhere else to play and you are back on top form soon. Take care.
#53 reporting in. With a 2 lb GAIN. However, I'm not overly worried by this as went on a massive walk yesterday, and I'm all stiff, and my rings are tight, so I think I've got the water retention from muscle repair that I've read about. I had a reasonable eating week, with two fast days, so at least a pound of this has to be water. Surely?! All will be revealed next week...
Edit: @Julieathome just read your post. It sounds like you need this time out. Enjoy it, pamper yourself, and know we're thinking of you.
@carieoates - low carbing is great and I do it (60g a day usually) but there is the down side of it if you do fall off the wagon - for some people who appear to be carb sensitive (apparently me!) the corresponding gain in weight through water retention is SO disheartening; this last 2 weeks I have gained 3kgs or thereabouts through 3 days of 'what the hell eating' and I could have cried. I'm not delusional - I probably ate around 150g carbs on 3 days and around 2000 cals when my TDEE is 1500 so not THAT excessive - but I'm now set back by about 4 weeks. I think if I didn't eat so low carb (and I know 60 isn't mega low) then I don't think I'd have had such an exaggerated response. Interestingly (to me) I still appear to be losing body fat which I suppose is something. :neutral:

Starting to think that moderation in all things is the best way.......
I am the same @loversghost as soon as I eat regular amounts of carbs (actually stl lowish) the water weight piles on. Last Friday 12.6 Tuesday 12.11.
@carieoates That actually makes me feel better, if you don't mind me saying so - I thought it was just me and the large weight gain because other people on here seem to fall off the low carby wagon with relatively little consequences. I am going out to eat tonight and was thinking about a burger but won't because I'll only pay for it weight wise....I suppose I could have it minus the bun and chips but I think I'd rather have something else :-)

Having said that I do feel better for low carbing - on 20g daily I have NO energy so too little I think for me but on 60g or so I feel absolutely fine. And I eat loads of food too; just different sorts.
LG. have a coffee with cream in it. Baked bacon rashers, gherkins, Or cheese and ham as a snack. Energy levels can be slow to pick up on very low carb and can take a while to increase prob due to the body not utilising the fat so readily. Carorees prob mentions the biochemistry about this in the facts and science lab bit on the forum info.
The very sanest way to deal with the carb-related water weight is to automatically add the carb related weight to your weight, mentally, so that you get used to thinking of your real weight as your weight with glycogen on board.

That way, you hit goal expecting to be at the weight you are going to really be when you relax a bit. Because you will relax a bit, and once you are at goal (or below) you will probably raise your carbs if you are like 95% of all other people on earth who have eaten lower carb diets for longer than six months.

It's unfortunate that those who promote LC diets encourage people to think those rapid weight losses they experience very early on in the diet are real weight losses because it sets people up for the kind of misery and even panic or throwing in the towel people report on all the diet boards.

Body fat piles on slowly and goes away slowly, and that really is the only weight that any of us should be worried about controlling.
Greetings all you springers! #27 checking in after nearly 2 weeks away...and I'm ecstatic to say that the scales tell me I've dropped a full kilogram since my last weigh in on the 29th! :victory: I must thank my mother for cooking lovely but most of all healthy meals while I was there, and for not pushing food onto me when I was fasting (she's always been from the traditional school of nutrition, and was very curious about the whole 5:2 thing). I may have also converted my sister to give 5:2 another try :grin:
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 41 Next
610 posts Page 13 of 41