The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

610 posts Page 15 of 41
Previous 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 41 Next
@Lizbean was aiming for a new low but it was just one of those weeks and I'm lucky to have got away with so small a gain, not a daily weigher, just once a week for me.
Oh you are great @cblasz! Just want to add my thanks for the work you are putting in for this challenge.

I will try to include the net loss on Monday when I weigh in.....if there is any! My emotions have been up & down this week...& consequently, so have the scales - but I took myself in hand Thurs/Fri & did a back-to-back...& might throw in a Sunday fast too, so hopefully I will have good news to report.........

Thanks again - you are a star! :star:
I have just weighed & I have lost 2 oz since my last weigh in but I did lose the 3 lb that I mysteriously gained after hosting a lunch last Sunday. If only it was a real loss of 3 lbs instead of my body presumably gaining fluid because I did have some wine, bread & couscous with all the salads :frown: :confused:
Well done anyone who is managing to lose weight!
@isis Right now I would welcome a 2oz loss
Especially if it became a regular occurrence lol

I've had a bad week as we do from time to time but fighting back and doing a fast today my first of 3 this week and pledging more walks coz that has dropped off lately.
Have you measured? became your exercise routine is going great and sometimes as you know the old tape is a better friend than those nasty scales. :clover: :clover: :clover:
# 2 checking in with a 1 lb loss this week, yeah!! at last. Funny thing is the last two 4:3s, I gained, this week I did 5:2 and lost a lb. I give up trying to work out the weight loss on this WOE. What will be will be. I'm sticking with 5:2 for now (I think) as it feels like a bit of a fasting holiday after being on 4:3 since March. Well done all the losers and good luck this week to all. :)

Challenge start weight: 168.4 lbs
28th of june: 169.4 lbs +1 lb
5th of july: 169.6 lbs + 0.2 lb
12th july: 168.6 lbs - 1 lb
Since the start: + 0.2lbs
just back from vacation, and weight this morning was 249.6, that is down 5.4 from my 255 start weight. My goal was to reach 245 by the end of the challenge. So that is a great start.

Challenge start weight 255
June 28th weight: 250.4 - 4.6
July 12th weight: 249.6 -.8
Loss since start 5.6 pounds to challenge goal...4.4
Sue.Q wrote: @isis Right now I would welcome a 2oz loss
Especially if it became a regular occurrence lol

I've had a bad week as we do from time to time but fighting back and doing a fast today my first of 3 this week and pledging more walks coz that has dropped off lately.
Have you measured? became your exercise routine is going great and sometimes as you know the old tape is a better friend than those nasty scales. :clover: :clover: :clover:

Thanks Sue & I haven't measured myself but seem size wise to be the same but the muscle definition in my legs has definitely improved. I do hope your next week improves & I think exercise does help keep us focused & makes us feel as though we have more control even though it may not be reflected in weight loss :grin: My aerobic capacity has also improved & that will be tested on the hills in Valetta next week. We will use the buses to force us to walk further & I am going to choose salads or meat, fish & lots of vegetables instead of pasta :frown: at least I will try too :lol:
Happy Anniversary, Brand-ie! Hope you have a lovely time.

Weight today is 135.2, so I believe I've dropped 2.8 lbs. since the end of solstice. A couple days this week I saw 134.4, but I've also seen higher, so I am a relatively happy girl.

I record on the tracker and have practiced converting to stones and kgs. Mostly, I'm getting sharper math-wise. BMIs, TDEEs, BMRs, hip to waist ratios, etc.,etc... So when I put in my tracker weight one day this past week, I made the mistake of typing in 10 stone something, instead of 9 stone something. @Scubachick, talk about shark teeth! I have one giant incisor! Getting under 10 stone was something I had struggled with, for a long time. I guess I am still getting used to thinking 9 stone anything. I am looking forward to being able to report the 8's. xxP
But that's the beauty of 5:2 you can eat out occasionally and not blow your whole weight loss programme. I went out on Thursday with a lady that does SW she had a salmon salad and I had chicken burger and chips. Yet we have both lost weight.
Brand-ie wrote: But that's the beauty of 5:2 you can eat out occasionally and not blow your whole weight loss programme. I went out on Thursday with a lady that does SW she had a salmon salad and I had chicken burger and chips. Yet we have both lost weight.

Smug look on our faces@brand-ie! :grin:
I had 2 slices of cake and fish and chips for dinner. I am fasting again tomorrow (4th one!). That will put me at 5500cals under my weekly tdee, which should be just about enough for a 1lb loss. I will weigh in tomorrow as it doesnt seem fair to weigh in as usual on Monday morning with the fast day before it. Hopefully I will still be smug *fingers crossed*.
#16 checking in. After the third week, not stunning, but yo-yo-ing with an overall gain of 0.2 lbs :frown: but I am watchful and keeping account which shows I have gone over my TDEE because of fats like cheese snacks and nut butters...not carbs!!! So I will get the balance back and this week must be better. :like:
#8 checking in at 11st 4lbs/71.9kgs. A gain of five pounds since last weeks miracle but down three pounds in two weeks! Such a yo-yo-yo girl!
#14 here. Stayed the same this (2lbs down overall). Myt fasting didn't go according to plan as we ate out quite a lot. I tried not to let things go completely so staying the same isn't too bad.

Congrats to all who've lost & commiserations to those of us who haven;t fared so well. Its a slow old process!

Have a fab week everyone!
No 57 checking in, delighted to report a 5 lb loss in the past 2 weeks. That's the 5lb I gained on my 2 wk holiday. So now that in back where I started I hope the loss continues next week.

Thanks cblaz for your time and effort in organising this challenge x
#63 Checking in....
Not such a good week, but I did have 2 G&T's on a fast day and I have not been so strict with calorie counting so that can explain things! I also have had cravings for fruit and so my low carb has gone out the window.
I did go to the gym, but only managed twice, although I have increased the exercise today to 30mins cross trainer plus 5 mins cool down and worked harder so up to 275 calories burnt and I also did 13 machines
At a push I have lost 100 grams, but I am fluctuating all week up/down 2 kilos, My waist has stayed the same.
Saturday 12th Jul 2014 80.40kg/12st 9.25lbs/177.25lbs - Waist 94.00cm/55.29% - BMI 27.82
This week plan - Try to do 3 x gym, more active during he week and reduce the carbs!
Previous 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 41 Next
610 posts Page 15 of 41