The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

610 posts Page 16 of 41
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 41 Next
No.17 checking a day early.
I am 143lbs, that is an overall 4lb loss since this challenge began. I did ADF this week in prep for my hols. Im off tomorrow for a week. I expect to be up again after the hols and will probably do another ADF week when I return.

Wow, lots of us have fluctuating weights. I weigh daily, but only track it on Mondays (or Sunday, this week!). My weight is all over the place. This week alone I have seen 147lbs and 142lbs and everything in between! I know weight fluctuates throughout the day, but I just weigh in the mornings, before food/drink and after my pee. You would imagine some consistency!
Hello fellow challengers!

#20 reporting in with a 2lb loss this week - a just reward I think for last weeks 4:3 & 16:8!

Bang on track...3lbs lost in 3 weeks. Must up the exercise in future though, as it has stalled to almost nothing of late.....

Let's keep on keeping on! Xx

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Hello Springing into Fall Friends...
#61 is down 4 lbs! Only 6 lbs. to go to meet my challenge.
Number 58 doing a random check-in with a good old maintain!!
Amazed that it was not a gain after the biscuits conspired against me and nearly took me down... :oops:

I had such good intentions last week but the great news is that I have them again today!! :grin: I will not be deterred!!

So back on the Fast waggon and will report properly on Friday!

Spanner xx

P.S Keep going buddy @Lizbean - those new all time lows soon become normal weights for us!! xxx
Salty Chinese food yesterday afternoon and Thai the previous day, coupled with and a 2 day vacation last Tuesday and Weds add up to no weight loss this week, but I think there actually was some fat loss that is masked by the salt-induced water retention. My waist is about 1/4 of an inch smaller even with the puffy fingers, reaching a new low. And if I deduct the 2 lbs that I always gain after a Chinese lunch, I would be seeing a cheering loss. So there!

I am also thinking that the hot weather is changing my water retention tendencies. My rings are tight quite a lot of the time in the summer--always, whether dieting or not--while in the winter they often flop about.

I kinda hate how much the number of the scale can make me feel good or bad, but I also know that if I don't weigh daily very bad things happen to my weight control. Daily weighing is a big piece of why I was able to maintain a significant loss for a decade.
Yep, it's all about keeping ourselves accountable.....to ourselves, isn't it @peebles?

If some of us need daily weigh-ins to do that, then so be it. Others might be fine with a weekly date with the scales....

Know thyself.....that's what it all boils down to.......and it's true!

I am (was?) a terror for scoffing family sized chocolate bars.....mainly Whole Nut. The little bars are way too diddly, but the problem is, I can't seem to exercise any willpower or control over myself.....I absolutely have to keep going til it's all gone - irrespective of whether I stopped enjoying it halfway through. Today, while queuing in the petrol station to pay for my petrol...I noticed that Cadbury's have brought out "a bar and a half" of Whole Nut for 99p - not diddly, but not humongous either!! Deep joy.....maybe this is my way forward...until I can wean myself down to just the 59p ones (oh, to be normal!).....

As I have just said.......& others on this forum have said too......."know thyself"

Knowledge is power...

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
I'm really grateful to have this challenge here, @cblasz you're a star for running it. It's given me a target to aim for. I am very motivated by reaching my goal of 14lb. That leaves me about a lb a week to lose. I suspect I may have already given up again (as I did the last couple of times I've tried this year) if this wasn't here to keep me focused.
Thankyou springy fall fasters for keeping me on the straight and narrow xxx :heart: xxx
Challenge start weight 255
June 28th weight: 250.4 - 4.6
July 12th weight: 249.6 -.8
July 15th weight: 247.6 -2.0
Loss since start 7.6 pounds to challenge goal...2.4

Things are going well for me. I have switched to a 4:3, and on the non-fasting days I only eat 1 meal and 1 large snack. I allow no more than 1 treat a week, whether it is a piece of cake or a meal out in a restaurant.
#53 weekly weigh-in results... I'm back to where I started this challenge, at 10 stone 5pounds, as I have lost last weeks water retention, so that's good, but now I'd like to shift some fat!
Probably not going to happen this week as have 5 days worth of visitors, and may even miss a fast day!
Morning Springers #60 checking in -2lb so far :)
Quick question @cblasz, does this challenge end on the 23rd or the end of that week? xxx :heart: xxx
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry I've been MIA, I've had a busy few days. I hope to catch up with your posts sometime today. Unfortunately, I'm not doing so well with the challenge, but I'm not giving up. I'm trying to adjust things to get the scale going the other way!

@Karenm - it's totally up to you. I will take final weigh ins all that week!
Thanks cblasz. I am just trying to get an extra weigh in out of it :wink:
I hope things settle down soon for you :heart:
checking in @ 65.2kg this morning. I usually weigh after a fast day but I have felt "slimmer" last couple of days and sure enough am down even though yesterday was a normal day.

Didn't get much sleep last night so todays fast day has been abandoned as I just couldn't concentrate in work without food.

So next fast day postponed to Friday. I think it will put me in a good frame of mind for the weekend.
Hope you manage to get things moving again @cblasz. Don't worry about catching up if you're rushed, make sure you give time to yourself too.

Exercise has been very little this week so far, as I'm still sore in the pectorals from compost turning and I hurt my knee and shoulder doing HIIT. I think it was the burpees.

Supposed to be having Chinese tonight as it's the niece's birthday, so I just had fruit for lunch. Had awful day at work, came home feeling depressed, miserable and on the verge. Felt like pigging out but the urge just wasn't that overwhelming. Started looking for jobs instead and other than a bit of dark choc and half a biccie, as I was peckish, I haven't bothered with the comfort eating. This is weird, as if there was a day for comfort eating today would be it. Weird. Maybe I'm changing :bugeyes: Still got another fast to do this week, hopefully the Chinese won't wreck things and I may actually lose more than half a pound.
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 41 Next
610 posts Page 16 of 41