The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

610 posts Page 24 of 41
Previous 1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 41 Next
Patchwork person, how awful for you both, hope hubs is now well on the mend and fasting with you, good luck to you both

Ballerina x :heart:
StowgateResident wrote: Men do seem to be much better at losing weight, once they put their mind to it...

This is so true, my hubster reckons he has lost half a stone without even trying - probably just because I do most of the cooking. We have fewer carbs and less evening chocolate munching. For me that isn't enough to lose weight. I used to have crisps, sarnie and a choccie bar for lunch a few years back, so you'd think just cutting that out would be enough. But NOOOOOOO Women have to slug their guts out just to lose a few pounds, whereas men? Pft.

Wishing your hubby a full and speedy recovery @Patchworkperson.

I'm dreading next week(in a way), we're going camping and I dunno how I'm going to fit in some fasts. Last time I had a week off I gained about 7 pounds and it took a month to lose it again. If that happens I have no chance of reaching target. I'm pushing it as it is. Will have to try and do lots of walking and at least squeeze in some lightish days.
oh, @Patchworkperson, that must have been awful, for both of you. I also wish him a speedy recovery and sympathy for yourself. I hope that you are both doing well.
Number 19 checking - i'm very disappointed as I am losing and gaining the same pound and not really getting anywhere. We are off on holiday in two weeks and I am sure to gain a few pounds and there is not much time left after that to achieve my challenge weight loss. I don't seen to do well with targets or is that just an excuse?
Today I weigh 70.2kgs and my waist has dropped half an inch to 34.5". Hurrah!
#3 Checking in:

Started Challenge: 81.8 kg (180.18lb)

25/07/14 81.6
02/08/14 81.2

So, for the whole challenge so far, a loss of:

00.600 gms (approx. 1.32lbs.)

Reminds self, a loss is a loss. I would be less than honest to say I wasn't hoping for more. I am hoping for more in the weeks left of this challenge. I can trim up my fast days. Have a few less than 500 calories and leave longer between fast day meals, or only one meal. Being in the challenge is more unsettling than I thought it would be. I got off to a slow start in the first two weeks with a holiday and school term break. And I can tell that has messed with my positivity. However, I know that many of you here know how that is and that is fortifying. :)
chinchin
#14 back again to report a 1lb loss. Not much but I'll take it :grin:

Many thanks for the best wishes for my OH. He is on a slow road to recovery - slower than he would like it to be!

Have a wonderful weekend & good fasting.
#65 here. Sailing to Guernsey and diet carnage. But checking in wih 76.5kgs, a loss of 0.5 kn the week and 2.5kgs since I started the challenge. Foggy in the Channel this morning bycthe way. Continent totally isolated. Good luck to #Patchworkperson and your OH.
Number 22 reporting in with another half a pound, I take what I can get at the moment. So that is 2 pounds towards the challenge. Any chance of meeting the challenge is rapidly disappearing, but I shall plod on.

I am pleased by the fact that my BMI is finally at a healthy level, I cant remember the last time that happened, probably in the early 80s. So I did do a little woo scale dance this morning for my half a pound.

Good Luck Everyone.
#23 reporting in with a 0.5lb loss. Am pleased really as I haven't run for 2 weeks. That's 6.8lb overall since the start of this challenge.
Hello challenger 38 checking in , sorry for the delay I weigh on scales at work and have been off. Weight was 87kg last time I checked in which was down 1.5 kg. weight now is 84.5 so down another 2.5kg .
Number 29 reporting in
0.5kg gain after the first part of my holidays. I'll take that thank you.
Really doubting that I can meet the challenge but I'll keep aiming for it.
When is the challenge finish date?
I've got another trip away- Singapore and Sulawesi and it could get messy. But the strtegy for the Scottish stravaig has proved successful. Just not sure about window eating while diving...
...did you mention diving @Janeg?! You cant eat in the water, and it can take ages to get in, by the time you get the gear, assemble it, load up the boat, dive, dekit and finally get back to base, shower and put your stuff away. I was my skinnest when dive instructing. Eating window would work well, but bring plenty of drinks.

No. 17 here just making a confession. I have slipped into my old ways this week. After my first fast I weighed in at 141.4lbs, just 1.4lbs off target. I did another good fast on Wednesday. However, I went off the rails on the feast days. I had toast every morning for breakfast, as I HAD TO use up my homemade Hennessy and summer fruit jam! For some reason, bread really affects me. The processed carbs in the toast and jam set me up on the carb craving/hungry cycle each day. By this morning the scales showed 146.4lbs :shock: I can actually see the bloating around my thighs and belly. Not only that, but of course I got thrush too. Why do I have to crave bread so much when it really doesnt suit me. I woke up this morning, had a stern talking to myself and vowed to fast for the third time this week today. Before I knew it I was shoving more toast into my gob, and the fasting was forgotten about before it even began.

Can someone administer a slapping around my head with the wet fish? I will try...no I WILL do a fast tomorrow and undo some damage before my official weigh in on Monday.
@scubachick get a grip woman, slap slap slap slappity slap!!!
You know you can do this, so just do it! :)
Oh, my , that feels gooooood! Not had to us ethe wet fish for ages :)
C,mon, you can get back in the groove.
Hello #2 here. I've not checked in for a few weeks but not very much has happened (weight wise).
Challenge start weight: 168.4 lbs
28th of june: 169.4 lbs +1 lb
5th of july: 169.6 lbs + 0.2 lb
2nd of Aug: 168.4 lbs -1.2 lb
Since the start: I am at the start of challenge weight again. Got my fingers crossed for a new low next week but not that bothered, it will happen when it happens. :) Well done all :)
Previous 1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 41 Next
610 posts Page 24 of 41