The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

610 posts Page 26 of 41
Previous 1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 41 Next
@Annurca thanks! I am a bit surprised, but very happy.
Great work - there are some good loses that I'm reading about...very encouraging!

#27 coming in with a fortnightly update since I was at camp last week and unable to check in. I am able to say, that in the last two weeks since my last weigh in I've managed to work my way to an additional loss of...... 100g! :bugeyes:

Really it's been a gain and loss of 2 kg, so it's not all bad. I figure I've probably reached a time for stabilisation, and in a week or so it'll start going back down properly again. So it's 76.7kg for now, maybe not strictly on track for my goal, but who ever said weight loss is linear?

Hang in there one and all, and may the fast be with you!
#65 checking in, a day early before weekend excess. Weight today = 75.7kg (166.5lbs), 3.3kg (7lbs) loss since beginning of challenge. Pleased with that, but want to lose 4.4kg (9.2lbs) to reach 71.5kg (157lbs) goal by 23 September.
Hi @cblasz #10 reporting in with a small loss of 350 grams
Yes I'll accept that, needing another 650g to target :like: :clover:
#4 also wanting to beat the weekend. 134.2 lbs., which is a PB. Total loss 3.8 lbs.
Well done on the PB @Piper!
That's an incentive to not go totally mad at the weekend!
Well done everyone.
No 12 checking in to announce a little loss of 0.2lbs. Happy with that. :grin:
Started challenge 127.4
Presently 126.2
Loss so far 1.2 lbs :wink:
2.2 lbs to GOAL and then maintaining (although I almost feel like I'm doing that now).
#3 Checking in.

Whoo Hoo to all the losers! The fact that there are some fabulous losses happening during this challenge is encouraging and helps me to keep believing that good health and weight are attainable.

I haven't lost much on the scales during this challenge. This week I gained about 6oo gms as of weigh day yesterday. I know it's not fat and can be attributed to water or salt, etc.

BUT

I have lost centimeters. I checked my measurements from the 29th July and got a very pleasant surprise. I measure 8 points on my body and discovered that I have lost 13cm over all since the end of July. I keep looking at the written proof in front of me, to check that it's true. In my head it just seems impossible that I've lost so many centimetres and not so much weight in the same time period. I'm so absolutely relieved that we measure as well as weigh. I find weighing stressful, even though my intellect says all the right things, my emotions go back to all the other times I have allowed the scales to beat me up over the years.

Still waiting for my jeans to slip down. That day will be one to celebrate...with a new pair of smaller jeans. I want that day and the day my blood work comes back with everything in the normal range. Looking forward and down..jeans slipping down that is. :victory:
chinchin
No 19 checking in with a 2lb loss (the same two that has been on and off for a few weeks).
That means I have lost 4lbs so far in the challenge - must do better!
X B
Number 22 checking in feeling that maybe the end of the plateau is here.

Another one 1 pound off making it a total of 3 pounds total for the challenge. This means I am at my interim goal, which I was my original goal when I started this experiment. I moved it downward when I saw the weight coming off.

Still don't think the 10 pound challenge is going to be met, but things are positive at least.
No 41 checking in after one week of being away on holiday & back last Tuesday after five days of 40th wedding anniversary celebrations :grin:
It was good to get back to two fasts this week after too much rich food & wine that was delicious but both my OH & I found our bodies weren't happy & a second long train journey on the British Pullman from London to Inverness & back resulted in us feeling nauseous & bloated! Not that the service or food was at fault just our uncooperative bodies that I think are so used to 5:2ing they are in rebellion when we can't fast :lol:
So 5 lbs lost & 2 more needed to get back to my lowest weight so far. I am very pleased with going from 13st to 12st 7 lbs with two fasts in four days! But overall no extra weight loss so back to no alcohol & lots of salad to lose as much as I can before my sons wedding on 5th September.
Oh dear, number 13 checking in.
Been on holiday, and a big family wedding.

Long story short is that before I went away I was 12.9. Came back was 12.12. Today I'm 12.10 but saw 12.9 earlier in the week.
Did two and a half great fasts and five exercise classes this week.

This week I plan to do at least two fasts as on Friday I'm heading up north to see my mum for the long weekend. I'm lowish carb most of the time but really want yo get back to 5.2 basics for a while whilst I'm on school Hols. Anyway, every day is a 16.8 or thereabouts. So we shall see what happens.
Given myself a lot of work to do before the end of this challenge with obstacles springing up in front of me continuously. Oh well back to my marathon then I suppose.

:smile: when does this challenge end, I can't remember? :?:
hi everyone,

Thanks @Annurca- don't I know it!

I am revising my weigh in to 133 lbs. That's five down and 4 to go! Very happy!
@chinchin - congrats on those 13cms, I'd never thought of totally them up! I measured myself at the beginning of 5:2 - to date I have only re-measured my waist once. So when I get to goal, 2.2 more stubborn lbs to go I'll have a measuring session, through curiosity more than anything. What I find really interesting is when I tell people I know well I have lost 22lbs (5ft 2") - the jaws drop :shock: and they are confused as to why they did not notice. So what does that tell me - I carry my weight proportionately and lose it proportionately? Perhaps the upcoming measuring session will say just that?

Enjoy the baggy trouser experience :wink:

@carieoates end of the challenge is week of 23 September, 6 weeks? Time to get our skates on :lol:
Thanks @Lizbean. I had forgotten when the challenge finished as well. I might have a fighting chance to lose a few more lbs considering I have until the 23rd september. I love my tape measure and prefer it over scales any day. It gives the best surprises!
Had a third fast day today, for this week. It went really well. I didn't do a regular 5:2 fast, took off a third of my calories for the day. Considering it's Saturday and I haven't fasted on a Saturday before, I am well pleased.

Hope everyone is doing well on their fasts. :)
Previous 1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 41 Next
610 posts Page 26 of 41