The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

610 posts Page 31 of 41
Previous 1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 41 Next
@hazelnut20 so sorry we missed your birthday and couldnt give you the birthday bumps!
glad you had a fab time! X X
image.jpg
Sorry its late but sending belated birthday hugs x~
image.jpg (35.13 KiB) Viewed 470 times
@scubachick I imagine without this WOE my gains would be far more too. The wedding went ok from what I saw of it as my YS decided to push the limits of his behaviour and I missed the ceremony, most of the meal and the disco in the evening. My DH and ES saw it all and that was the most important thing.
@Hazelnut Happy birthday glad you had a good day.
#53 with my weekly excuse, at least that's what it's beginning to feel like!
I'm still 10 stone 6 pounds, so one pound OVER my start weight.
I've done two good fasts, but had visitors and we did not stint in the eating and drinking...
The running however is going well, I have now completed week 3 of the NHS Couch to 5K running programme. The whole point of doing 5:2 for me was around health (vanity took over heavily at one point when I realised I could really lose weight!) and one of the runners on this site warned me I wouldn't lose weight while starting the running.
So this morning's weigh-in result can be looked at in two ways:
a) I'm failing miserably to lose weight and am in fact heavier than when starting the challenge.
b) I'm getting fitter each week and enjoying the running.

b) is my favoured option!
Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry I continue to be an absentee leader! I have just been swamped preparing for my fall jobs! And when I'm not doing that, I'm exhausted. But, I'm so glad to see you all keep posting and supporting each other. This weekend is a holiday weekend here, so I might (not making any promises) get to catch up a bit!

Good luck everyone in the final month of the challenge!
Hey everyone! I've been a bit absent from this thread for a while, since I haven't been able to weigh in for sometime (scales are still packed in a box somewhere at the new house). I'm currently staying at my parents, so I've managed to weigh in on their scales...at 73.1kg!!! :shock: :grin: Fingers crossed that their scales weigh close to mine, cause that's been a huuuuge loss while I've been moving. I do know that before I started 5:2 I weighed in at 90 on both my home scales and my parents' (admittedly with a few weeks between weighings), so it may well be close to right.

So, until I find my own scales, I'm going to own this figure and say that I've got only 1.1kg to go to reach my target! Edited to correct my earlier statement...I just saw my signature line, and my goal is actually 72.5kg for the challenge. I've only got 600g to go! \o/ Woot!

Good luck springers, and may the fast be with you!
Moving house is an energy consuming task that seems to go on forever and when you get where you're moving to; it all has to come out, be arranged and packed away - again. Congratulate yourself @PeonyBlue! I reckon your weight loss is right on the button.
Thanks @chinchin...moving's never simple, is it?

I was sure with all the fish & chips & other take away meals, plus skipped or relaxed fasts, plus all the muscle I would have been putting on hefting heavy boxes up and down...I would have been happy just maintaining the weight.

Well people...moral of the story is - best way to keep trim is to become a professional removalist! :bugeyes: :razz:
#10 reporting in having lost last weeks gain so my end goal is back with 650grams to lose and I VOW I will make my goal by my Friday weigh-in next week. :shock: :shock: :shock:
There I've said it and all I need to do is keep my promise
and I will deffo :heart: watch this space. :lol:
i've put on again this week but knew I would. I am now 195.25lb again. So I will have 5lb to shift beofre this challenge ends at this rate. Never mind back to it properly next week.
Oh crap. 71.8 on the scales.

I guess there's always the Christmas challenge coming up.

Im going to adjust my goal to 70kg not 69kg.. its official. That means ill sometimes see 69 point something and sometimes see 70 point something so anywhere between 69.0 and 70.9 on the scales and i shall be at my "ultimate"

i think 69 was too low anyway as a bit of flesh to cuddle is good. lol

and I think 70.0 is actually a healthy BMI for me.
I have gained 100g this week, but it has equated to 1lb.
So #9 checking in with a total loss so far of just 3lb
:cry:
#4 133.8, so up a little :confused:
Will try to relax and see what happens next!
#22 checking in and still plodding along, generally in the right direction. I had another half a pound, so that is 6 altogether. The waist shifted a bit this week so feeling happy in that.

Still have 4 weeks to go, but as next week will be my last weigh in before the end of the challenge I know I won't make it. I am off on a four week trip so will miss the end. As I am going to Africa I don't think I will be over indulging.

Anyway I will just have to think of a more achievable goal for the Christmas one now.
Checking in with a disappointing loss of 4oz! So I haven't made my interim goal of 12 stone before my sons wedding next week. I have no idea what my body is doing not responding to extra fasts, exercise & well below my TDEE on eating days. I feel frustrated & cross :curse:
Well done to those who have lost weight!
@isis A loss is still a loss however small they add up in the end, plus the exercise maybe adding water weight or whatever it does, you've done a great weightloss job and you'll be rewarded somewhere down the line deffo.
Blimey that wedding has soon come up all of a sudden, have a lovely day I'm sure you'll look and feel fantastic, just remember you'd have been a different person going to your son's wedding if you hadn't found 5:2 :heart: Enjoy the day. :heart:
Previous 1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 41 Next
610 posts Page 31 of 41