The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

610 posts Page 29 of 41
Previous 1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 41 Next
Well hello all! #20 checking in for the first time in a while, having fallen off the wagon for a few weeks....

Last week I called a halt to all that & went "Back to Basics", with 2 successful fasts of only eating at dinner time. Can't say that the rest of the week went well though as I am having a real problem with mindless eating at the moment....of the comfort variety.

I have to say that it felt really good to be back in control on those 2 fast days. Suddenly, I remembered that it wasn't that bad....in fact, it was no problem at all! Heaven knows why I threw in the towel...

So, I'm back! Not remotely on track for this challenge, you understand, but I am delighted to say that I lost 2 & a bit pounds last week, so that's my total for the challenge so far. By next week, I hope to be reporting that I am at my lowest weight for quite a few years....so it's all good! Have been out & about in my village today & bumped into a couple of people I haven't seen for a while. Joy of joys, they both commented on my weight loss, which I am so grateful for as it helps to reinforce my determination and also reminds me of how far I have successfully come since last November.

Fellow challengers....whatever your story is right now (success/plateau/gain) - we are surely all better off than when we started this WOL! Hold onto the idea, as I am doing, of where we might all be by this time next year.....as that's enough to put a smile on anyone's face!

:victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory:

Let's keep on keeping on....together! xxx

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Hurray for @Hazelnut20 yes, yes, yes, yes :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: those compliments were a nice timely reminder how fabulous you are - as we all know. I'll see you later on todays fasting thread aka as @Sue.Q Determination Day. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Oh, Gee... I guess I forgot to post my challenge weight loss totals! I have them recorded for myself but today's weigh in shows I met my -10 lbs challenge! I have never met a challenge before so I am very excited!
#61 is looking forward to exceeding the Spring into Fall Challenge!
No 30 checking in after a 7 week non fasting time and recording unfortunately a four and a half pound gain. However am fasting today as well as going back to school after the holidays so I hope that it will start to disappear soon!
Still 10 stone 6 pounds. Aaaargh!
However, I am doing the C25K, so overall, I think health will be improving...
I'm beginning to wonder if I should just reset my target, as it's taking two fasts a week and reasonable eating and exercise to maintain this weight!
But that's wimpy talk in a challenge thread, so I'll keep at it!
CandiceMarie wrote: Checking in but nothing to report..too scared to get on the scales :oops:
Well done to the challenge eers who are losing,every little bit counts x

@CandiceMarie, I've been in that place a time or two over the years, it's horrible. Don't let those scales demoralise you. Just keep doing all the good 5:2 stuff. Be nice to yourself. :)
Annurca wrote: #53
Still 10 stone 6 pounds. Aaaargh!
However, I am doing the C25K, so overall, I think health will be improving...
I'm beginning to wonder if I should just reset my target, as it's taking two fasts a week and reasonable eating and exercise to maintain this weight!
But that's wimpy talk in a challenge thread, so I'll keep at it!

Keep going Annurca - and then any progress is a bonus and if not it's a huge accomplishment to be able to maintain for our health as that is our ultimate goal. Got my eye on you :wink: :wink: :wink: :clover:
My scales (Salter) will be going to the charity shop on Friday, when new Omron scales should be arriving. My weight could go up or down, but the old Salter scales give a different result each time, and I have had to work out the average. Anything has got to be an improvement on that. Omron will also do body fat % and make the tea.
#3 checking in.

WOW, another week gone already and the news is good!

last weigh in: 80.9

this weigh in: 80.2

.700gm loss

I'm really, really pleased with this loss. :geek:
Number 19 visiting. I'm here in spirit but not in body as I am on holiday without any scales, but I hope to have not done too much damage when we come home next week. I have not had breakfast any day, have not eaten a piece of bread or a chip, but am enjoying vats of Tinto Vino!
X
Hi #10 reporting in with a gain :shock: 650grams!!!
could/should have been far worse.
Back to the drawing board, must do better next week.
First proper weigh in for 5 weeks. During which time ka has had major surgery, I have done NO exercise and I have eaten too much junk.
I have gained 2lb :grin: :grin: :grin:
I believe it is only that much because I have done the odd fast and have used eating windows a lot!
So I am now back on it, but unlikely to meet my challenge target :oops:
Starting weight 12st 5lb
22/8 - 12st 1lb
Total loss 4lb :smile:
#4- Congrats @Tammae! and all the challenged, whether we make it or not. I've decided to push for it, because at some point I thought I'd set the goal too high! this morning, and a few others, my weight is 132.4 lbs., I started at 138, so a current loss of 5.6 lbs... with 3.4 to go. Also, it means I'm cracking into the 25 BMI range (although high), have almost hit 60 KG, have about 7.5 lbs to go before I will officially be "not overweight" and I bought a size 8 pair of jeans last weekend, that fit! I wish us all success.
#65 checking in. My old Salter scales, which I'm getting rid of today, give my weight as 73.8kg, but new Omron BF508 body composition scales give my weight as 76.5kg. I'm accepting Omron as the true figure. Overall, this means a loss of 2.5kg since the challenge started (although my opening weight of 79kg would have been 81.7kg on the new Omron scales). Because of this, I think it is unlikely now that I will reach 71.5kg by 23 September, although I will still give it the best shot I can. The diet seems to be going well, so I won't cut back any more, but I will take on a bit more exercise, including a 10 mile walk at 10.30am today. Good luck to everyone else - I hope your scales are behaving themselves !
Number 22 here again, this time reporting a half pound off. I feel good about this as I had 2 last week so was expecting no loss this week.

Makes my total for the challenge 5.5. I may not make the challenge 10, but I know that was was set when I was super confident and not using my proper scales. That's my excuse and I am sticking with it.

Good luck to all challengers this week.
Previous 1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 41 Next
610 posts Page 29 of 41