The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

144 posts Page 8 of 10
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
One of the ladies I work with is doing it (but only 6:1) another has decided that she will do it for weightloss. Most of them however think they will die if they don't stuff their faces with cakes and biscuits :bugeyes: !!!! LOL

Hubby has shown an interest - but I am not sure how he would cope with not having his breakfast cereal in the morning. He said he would decided after Easter if he wants to do it.
My mum is doing it with me and my aunty is also going to give it a try. Will be great for my mum if she can stick to it as she needs to bring down her blood sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure as well as weight.
Hi, Im doing this alone, but so grateful for this forum (even though I think im getting a bit obssesive with it ( the forum ) keep popping throught the day and evening, x
I am doing it on my own so hoping being a member of this lovely forum l will get all the help and encouragement l will surely need :wink:
Have been doing the 5:2 for weeks now and have lost 4kg. Work as a health professional so have not run around singing its praises yet, so don't have any friends on it yet. It has really just started to hit the media here in oz. once people keep seeing ongoing weight loss I will tell them how it has happenned.
I'm doing it on my own too so using the forum as my support.
Told most friends & colleagues now,but most think I'm mad - too unconventional,not healthy skipping meals etc- typical negative reactions.
I suppose I was the same when I first when I first heard about the diet - couldn't imagine coping with fasting as I hadn't seen horizon programme then.It was only when I read the books that it started to make sense & now I'm a total convert hopefully for life.
Hi everyone im doing this diet with my partner he has lost some but is not very strict during non fast days but really he does not need to lose weight , just for health reasons and to keep me going i find this site a god send its great to read when on a fast day to stop the grazing .Enjoying the diet even though i do watch what i eat on non fast days but so far have lost 19lbs in 6 weeks great going i think :grin: :grin: just hope i carry on losing i know it will slow as been on of a diet all my life :frown: but thanks to you i have other people that sound as if they have had the same problems as me .
Hi, I just signed in. Interesting site| My friend and I are doing 5:2 for two weeks now. All goes well, its not too hard. We keep on going and support each other.
My husband is doing this with me, and my sister is too. I like this forum, but I get more interaction from the Facebook group (sorry!)
Hi

I started because one of my colleagues was on it and now my husband is doing it, also recommended it to some fb friends :-).

I am always on this site looking for help/information, great site :like:
I am on my own. My partner does support me but doesn't want to do it. Been studying ways of keeping our meals slightly aligned, but different, and so far... I am pleased it is working for both of us. :geek:
Recently I joined the forum, have been fasting about 5 weeks.It's great to share people's journeys.
I am doing the diet, along with a friend. We also belong to a closed facebook group, which offers us lots of help and support. I am doing really well. In my 4th week and have lost 8lb. I havent restricted myself at all on my in between fast days. :smile:
My best friend is now doing the diet and since I've posted aout my weightloss on Facebook 4 friends on there have also started it. 5:2 seems to be gaining momentum rapidly.
Am doing this on my own. OH is diabetic and always eating..... I find having a couple of days a week when I don't have to think about food quite liberating.
I get support from the forum and think its great. Am only on fast day 4 as yet so still a noobie.
My mums doing it too, though I'm not sure she sticks to 500 cals the amount of sugar she had in her coffee today, hmmmm. She has lost a bit though so she's happy.
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
144 posts Page 8 of 10