The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

144 posts Page 6 of 10
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
Apart from boyfriend (who does 6:1 as he hasn't got weight to lose but is in it for the health benefits) and one other friend who is interested, I'm a very secretive 5:2 faster. And therefore I'm also very grateful for this forum :like: thanks!
I am doing 5:2 since early March. I have got OH and son doing it too. I invited a friend at work to do it with me and she has invited her sister in law to join in. I get support from here and MFP.
My mother got me into trying it and we chat over the phone about fast days and recipe ideas.

I've also convinced a few people at work to give it a go - and there are quite a lot of instant messages flying around on fast and 'weigh' days. It's also quite nice to have someone else to go out of the office with at lunchtime on a fast day or to meet for a cup of Earl Grey so that you escape the desk.
I started with a friend who fell by the wayside after the first week. Finding it quite lonesome as I've no one I can talk to about it. Thank the lord for this forum!
I'm alone in this, I'm mostly undercover but ended up telling co-workers at the restaurant I work at so they wont bug me on fast days. I have a feeling they talk about me behind my back and think I'm a freak, so I doubt anyone will join me! :shock:
I haven't told my husband. He's never helpful when I am on diets, he will just give me unwanted comments and tell me I'm starving myself.
I started 5:2 together with my partner, she and I have been a great support to each other and are achieving steady weight loss which acts a further support. My sister has now also started having been encouraged by our conversion, as neither of us have ever been serious dieters.

I use the forum mainly for recipes, and the tracker, but have found it a useful form of secondary support, awareness and information
My husband is also doing 5:2 - which is great because a) he needs to! And b) he's never joined in with any diet with me before. This is the only one he independently read up on himself and thought that it sounded good.
I have been doing it alone and this forum has been my main source of information and inspiration.
My Mum is very supportive and has been trying to give it a bit of a half-hearted effort herself. The biggest surprise has been my diet-averse OH though who started this WOE this week. His exact words "I can see it is working for you so I think I'm going to give it a try too." :grin: He's struggling more than I have when feeling a bit hungry though so I hope he sticks to it.
I am doing this on my own, but my husband is very supportive. I am in France and have not seen family since starting 5:2 in November 2012. I find this forum very helpful, and also have some "virtual friends" on My Fitness Pal - some of these are doing 5:2.
I'm very happy to say that my BFF at work is now on 5:2 inspired by me she says :)
Some of my colleagues are doing it too, as well as my brother and sister in law. :-)
My husband is doing with me, and two colleagues have talked about starting but don't seem to be getting round to actually doing it
I am doing it on my own, with a supportive OH. However, I have put together an email with links to this forum, the book, the video and a couple of ther links relevant to 5:2 and have been sending it to all sorts of people, now three of my work colleagues are doing it, three members of my aqua class at the health club and the instructor and two of my close friends who live on the other side of Sydney are all doing it too. I have sent the email to a lot of people and I am amazed at how many people 'over think' it. I started the day after I first read about it! I love getting messages from all the people I know who Are doing it, thanking me for letting them know art it and reporting on their success. I call it the Holy Grail!
My hubby and I are both doing it but on different days as we both work different nights and fast on work nights, and I know of 6 people at work doing it too :)I have sent a link to the show to my mum in Aus and my brother and sister who are both semi professional sporty types are starting.
I am doing this alone as am happily divorced!!! However, I have 3 daughters who are all very supportive, however, one is as fit as a fiddle...next is sceptical about it so is watching me like a hawk and the third has just borrowed the book from me...I think they all think it is slightly too good to be true, so I will show them..ALSO..they know that I HATE diets so they think I will give up any day..haha!! Everybody I speak to seems to have known about it and they are all very inquisitive..I know one man who is having big success and he eats beans on toast for his 600 day and the weight is falling off him..I know one woman aged 53 who suddenly after about 10 weeks lost about 10 lbs and is very excited...I gave up smoking "cold turkey" and feel perfectly happy going this alone but am soooo grateful for this forum when I need it!! Thanks you guys!!!! x x x
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
144 posts Page 6 of 10