The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

144 posts Page 4 of 10
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10 Next
My husband is 5:2ing along with me. He's having quite a bit more success than I am enjoying, but he doesn't have a broken thyroid ;-)

My friend was joining us long-distance, but I think she's given up now as she hasn't fasted in 2 weeks.
I'm doing this alone. The forum is my sole support. :like: :heart:
On my ownsome. Have tried to recruit but unsuccessfully so far....
On my own IRL, hasn't really hit Australia yet. A few friends have asked me heaps about it though, and think that I might have some RL support soon.

I find I come here on fast days, but one of the benefits of 5:2ing, is you don't have to think about food really on the other 5 days. Well, not even not think about food, but not obsess over food and what you should be eating, how much, guilt blah blah blah. You can just enjoy good food.
Husband and I are both doing 5:2. So much easier than when I was calorie counting alone. Husband sent a copy of the book to his sister, she hasn't said anything so I hope she wasn't offended!!!
Moogie wrote: In the real world, are you doing 5:2 alone or with a group of friends/family/co-workers?

Started by myself in January after reading an article in the UK press on-line. There is a hideous history of breast cancer in my family - which was the main motivator for giving this new way of eating a try. Anything to reduce the risk.

Moogie wrote: If you have friends/family/co-workers doing 5:2 with you, how many are in your 'group'?

My sister started 5:2 a few weeks ago & I've pointed her to this forum. There has been a media barrage here of 5:2 stuff here in oz. in the last few weeks. So I suspect we won't be on our own for long. My best friend is so far sceptical - but has commented on a slightly trimmer me. ;)

Moogie wrote: Is the forum your main network of support, or are your real life co-dieters?

I've never needed much support as my reasons for starting aren't related to weight loss - that's a nice side effect. But my sister & I are trading tips - neither of us want to wind up like our Mum who had a terrible death from breast cancer.

So far, it's been surprisingly easy. Heaps of energy on fast days. & has released a bit of time as no need to cook on fast days - I'm just chomping down a bit of salad or dried fruit in the evening.
I'm fasting on my own with a supportive hubby and daughter wishing me well. Hubby is pondering fasting but a bit scared I think!
I'm telling my friends as I meet them what I'm doing, as others have said it will take off big time here in Oz when the program airs on tele next month.
The forum is a fabulous support for me, whenever I have a query I seem to find an answer.
I really enjoy the international flavour ( he he)
I am doing it alone- though my sister is now thinking about it as the results have been so good. My partner however is very supportive. I have been quite open about it with friends and colleagues though.
The forum has been my main support and source of information.
Just me and my husband doing it, and find it a great support to fast on the same days as him. Although I definitely get a lot out of this forum and the facebook groups in terms of support, advice and interesting articles. It's been massively helpful :like:
I'm also doiing it alone with thr forum for support. I have made friends with a lady through the forum who lives not farnaway part of the time, we have spoken on the phone and hopefully we will meet up soon. It's nice to know there is someone near who you can talk to from time to time and maybe become friends. I did weightwatchers before and found the meetings useful, I also organised a diet group with some friends where we used to meet once a week and share recipes and chat which was also helpful and fun - we also used to get weighed together which was motivating. It fell apart when the long summer came round with visitors etc and we never got going again but I would love to do this sort of thing again if I could find people who wereinterested but maybe meeting every couple of weeks and just keeping in touch the rest of the time.
No, just on my own. I don't know anyone else doing it in my town, but don't feel I'd particularly want to be part of a group anyway. It's just what I do - or rather, don't do - twice a week. But it's fun coming on here to share experience and enjoy other people's progress.
I started because a neighbour had started the fast diet for lent and health reasons. I thought I could do that, then two weeks later I thought to myself 'well do it then'! Another friend thought after I had started 'I could do that', now she has begun fasting. Her neighbour has also decided to embark on the fast diet.
My biggest source of support is here though!
My OH and my children are slim therefore I am the only one in the family doing it but they are quite supportive. And I have just friend doing it so i would definitively say this brilliant forum is my biggest support!
I read about this just before Christmas and decided to start early Feb. Coincidentally my girlfriend who could't diet recently told me she loves this diet and is doing really well!
My OH thinks it's a great idea and is supportive and does the occasional day as he doesn't need to lose anything.
I mentioned it to another friend in Melbourne in passing. She asked me a bit about it so I put her onto this forum and a couple of websites plus Brad Pilon's book and she started yesterday! As all of us are passionate 'foodies' it makes perfect sense to all of us and has made me a lot more relaxed about food. I'm losing much compared to them, but I'm not gaining either!

For me the forum is a great source of information as I don't see much tv or read many papers.
Around a week after I started the plan, my colleague joined in with me too. We fast on the same days, so keep each other motivated at work and usually go for a walk at lunch time to take our mind off food!

She, however, despite having less to lose than me, has lost consistently each week, whereas I've only lost 3 weeks out of 7. Where's the justice in that!?!? :-)
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10 Next
144 posts Page 4 of 10