The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

213 posts Page 10 of 15
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15 Next
Re: *Jubilant June*
14 Jun 2013, 06:51
Morning Jubilants
Just a quick message but I have had another really good week on 5:2 16:8 and I have gone below another stone barrier! Can't remember when I was this weight :smile: and feeling this good!.
Off to a civil ceremony tomorrow in the Cotswolds. Never been to that part of the country although I know it's beautiful.(Just really pleased that the dress I bought to wear not only fits but looks pretty good)
By the way, loved the cake, thought the Lego maps of the underground fun (might go and see them in the summer holidays). Hope all is OK with everyone. I've been reading all the posts but not managed to reply until today, so hugs to Hummingbird (enjoy your wedding up north), hope that you are now fully recovered from injury Legoman.
See you all next week
H x
14 Jun 2013, 07:21
Good morning Everyone,

Wow June is passing quick.. Had a successful fast day yesterday, it was a tricky day but got through it.

My injury is gone and I feel great, it has affected my usual exercise but will be back to normal business tomorrow at training – we also have a match against a Uni team which should be fun.

I have a couple friends coming over tonight and I will be cooking for them, then will go out for a few social drinks.

Well done Hilaryjane – I hope you have loads of fun and enjoy wearing that dress! You earned it!

Keep up your good work Team :-)
14 Jun 2013, 07:29
A bit disappointed this morning, my weight and weight measurement are still the same, hopefully by the end of the month they will start falling. :cry:
14 Jun 2013, 07:41
Oh Chin Up Coffeetime,

I barely lost anything last week and am not expecting much to go come monday, just stay at it. There are so many things that affect a weekly weigh in, that you might of actually lost weight.

You are doing great and I am sure that next week / month end you will happier. Maybe add in a coulpe more lovely cornwall walks this week :-)
14 Jun 2013, 08:38
Hi jubilant team
I have to forego the exercise as have a sprained ankle jusT when i am back on track with weight loss :( Focus now is rest and care for my foot and a nutritious diet for healing. Disappointed but grateful no # in foot. :)
Wishing every one good luck, :clover: will be keeping with your progress
14 Jun 2013, 08:41
Thanks Legoman, I hardly ever weigh myself but have been doing it since joining Jubilant June. I've been the same weight for about a month now, I know it will go down with this WOE so I shouldn't complain - at least it's not going up. I'm going to do an extra fast day at the weekend which should make a difference.

I'm just going to take the dog for a walk but she doesn't like wet weather so we won't get far, if it's too bad she won't venture any further than the front gate! Tomorrow is looking better so I'll try to make up for today with a longer walk - which will be good for me as well. :wink:
14 Jun 2013, 08:51
Sorry to hear that Gillymary, I hope it doesn't take too long to heal. I broke a bone in my foot in November, when I started 5:2 in January I could hardly walk at all. So frustrating!

I hope your nutritious diet will do the trick and put you back on track quickly. :smile:
14 Jun 2013, 09:16
Friday weigh in for me and I've lost another 300g. Quite pleased with that really as I expected to not lose this week after losing a kilo last week. Based on that I hope to reach another mini-target next week, so will keep up the good work (apart from tonight's birthday meal!).

Surrounded by birthday boy toys before school this morning. Yet more Lego, plus lots of other great toys too. Just made up some jelly with some blackcurrants from the freezer as that's what he's requested for his pudding tonight. As for the Chinese takeaway,he's asked for white crisps (prawn crackers!), spare ribs, salt and pepper squid and chicken and cashew nut. Not a bad selection for a 5 year old! Might just pick a really spicy dish for me and hubby to enjoy too.

Talking of my dear beloved, he's just been for a check up at the doctors this morning and his blood pressure has dropped again, and they are cutting his pills down. He's lost over 2 and a half stone on 5:2, so really pleased that the effects on his health are showing too. We both have so much more energy these days!

Glad you are healed Legoman and hope you heal soon Gillymary.

Well done hilaryjane - enjoy wearing that lovely dress!

coffeetime - you'll get there. Just stick with it and it will start coming off again. I stalled for a bit but am back on the losing track again, there is some theory that when you lose 10% of your bodyweight that it has a bit of a fight back to try and stabilise and that's why you get plateaus. I think there's a discussion about it in the nerds corner. There is also a thread somewhere that discusses why you might not be losing - it's with a read to see if any of the reasons there could be the issue.
14 Jun 2013, 09:19
Hope the ankle is feeling better soon gillymary

I've got both my fasts for the week under my belt and all ready to head off to Colchester to stay with my boyfriend for the weekend :) I love how 5:2 means I can have a few treats over the weekend without feeling guilty!

Tomorrow will be halfway through June, I can't believe how fast time is going! (probably for me because it's the run up to exams and I want time to go slowly!!)

Keep up the good work everyone! :heart:
14 Jun 2013, 16:37
Nearly at the weekend - yay!

First off - Gillymary, I hope your ankle heals quickly. I broke my leg last year and it was no fun at all - and contributed to a not so nice weight gain (before 5:2 entered my life of course!).

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I have met my first goal a second time - that weekend off last week pushed me over for much of the week! But it didn't bother me much because I knew it would eventually go away again and hopefully stay away this time. Whatever happens, this is a lifelong journey and I am enjoying it!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Take Care! :heart:
14 Jun 2013, 21:57
Just a little update from me, my thesis is seriously stressing me out - today felt like a day I would have been better off staying in bed. Internet broke, printer wouldn't print, document services wouldnt bind my portfolio due for hand in today as it was too many pages, and was working on my thesis which is a 140 page document when it decided it was only going to show 25 pages. Spent three hours on phone to it support who couldn't fix it and are getting a higher level technician to call me tomorrow.
And all this on a fast day - but - I didn't give in!!!
If theres one thing I'm grateful for today its that this wol has taught me about emotional eating!!
15 Jun 2013, 02:14
Wow! Becks! Well done! and I hope everything goes well. :hugleft: :heart: :hugright:
15 Jun 2013, 12:17
Beckiec - you GO girl! Great job, and I hope everything gets worked out quickly.

Just a quick note, I have been measuring my waist in the wrong place - so instead of being 2.5 in off goal, I am now 1" off goal! YAY!

Take care all!
15 Jun 2013, 22:49
Thanks guys :-) update - computer all sorted - can now see all of my document! And portfolio handed in. Getting my life back in 8 days!! Then it really will be jubliant June :-) hope everyone else is doing okay x
17 Jun 2013, 06:25
Morning all
Had a really good weekend down in the Cotswolds. If there are any Jubilant Juners living down that part of the world you are SOOO lucky! The civil ceremony went really well - the only hassle was in getting down there on Friday! Joined junction 8 of M25 at 3.30pm and at 6pm we were at junction 16!!! But once we arrived, met our friends etc. it was great. The thing I really like about 5:2 is that I could eat what I wanted, nobody had to know that I was dieting as I wasn't doing the usual ' I can't really eat this or that', no points, calories to count etc. Mind you, today I'm back onto it with fast days planned for Tuesday and Thursday and 16:8 in between, but I can cope with that if I have my weekends free.

By the way beckie101, well done you for doing your thesis etc. and doing 5:2. I completed my masters last year and I don't think I could do it AND fast! I never realised how stressful putting together a dissertation would be. As you say, it is nearly over and then you will be able to have a Jubilant June!

Debbiejgb, I also have measured my waist in the wrong place (but it was probably because I didn't know / couldn't find it!) :smile:

Looking forward to reading all your posts this week
H
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15 Next
213 posts Page 10 of 15