The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

90 posts Page 5 of 6
Brilliant ! Nothing like breaking through a 10s barrier to the next chunk down
Wooooooooooooooooo :) :)
Well, let's hear a drum roll for you........................ :party: :beer: :announce: :pizza: :present: :drink:

What a great feeling,, well done :like:

Ballerina x :heart:
Fantastic news, just in time for the weekend too! :shock: :victory: :shock: :victory:

Allow yourself a teensy treat :rotfl: :party: :plate: :present: :cake: :drink: :drink:

Or two ... :victory: :grin: :cool: :shock: :lol:
Great news :)
Once again I couldn't sustain and am back to 70.9kgs today. It's a combination of grandchildren on hols/OH's birthday cake and chocs/constipation again :0( and losing the will.
I'm not fasting today, though did on Monday, but am 16/8 clock-watching instead. Have been able to keep to noon before eating for 3 days, though closing the window at 8pm has been a bit stickier!
Will aim to fast next Monday probably/maybe ...
Be easier when the kids are back in school routine I expect.
Anyway, chin up, at least I'm not 12st 10lbs anymore, 11st 1lb sounds sooooo much more respectable and I have been keeping up with the youngsters better *exhausted now*.
Well done azureblue and yes 11st 1lb does sound a lot better than 12 st 10lb , virtually 2 st loss which is fab. And there's always next week for fasting (even if there's no chance tomoz!)
I wonder if alternate day 17/7 would have a positive effect? I've been reading round and can see that continuing fasting patterns produces adaptation in the body after 6 months, and daily calorie reduction produces a bite-back reaction of over-feeding eventually.
My thought is to eat a day of real unprocessed food, low carb and high protein and fat, alternating with a 17 hour fasting day maybe eating between 1000 to 1200 cals but mainly going by how hungry I am.
Alternate Day Fasting meets 16/8 type thing.
Update: it's going well, feels good, had 1100ish calories today after fast to 12 noon then eating until 7pm and feel full. Shall eat as it comes tomorrow as two gorgeous young men will be with me :0)
Food for thought, a quote from Mark's Daily Apple blog:-

I’ve been doing IF for about 15 months and had great success until recently I experienced a decrease in my quality of sleep, probably due to a extra stress with a bit of overtraining.

I decided to return back to eating 3-4 times a day, cut some stress, and cut back on the heavy weight sessions. Anything else you’d recommend?

Carl

Without knowing more details it’s difficult to make any specific recommendations for your particular situation. But I will say that your strategy seems sound. That is, you’ve got your bases covered, and now it’s time to make a few adjustments and see where it leads.

I would say the same to anyone in a similar situation: don’t get too attached to a path if it’s leading you astray.

Carl did IF for over a year to “great success.” I don’t know exactly what success meant for him, but it probably consisted of the usual benefits people see with fasting - fat loss, energy gain, freedom from gnawing hunger, mental well-being, better blood lipids. Whatever it was, it was positive. Until it wasn’t, that is. He was humming along, everything was just working, and then things took a downturn. Because he was on top of it, he was able to figure out that a contextual change in his life – more stress and more training – had altered his response to fasting. He assessed the situation, weighed the variables, and reevaluated and reoriented his current trajectory.

This doesn’t always happen so smoothly. Too often, we get caught up maintaining a formerly successful, even life altering, trajectory once it stops working for us. Not because of blind loyalty or dogmatism, but because it’s hard to grasp that something that worked so well for so long could just stop. I mean, we intellectually know that such a thing can occur. We know that changing circumstances change how we respond to dietary, training, and other lifestyle inputs. But actually reevaluating the thing that got you where you are? That’s hard. After all, it works, right? How could fasting go from helping you drop all that fat and regain all that midmorning energy to making you regain belly fat and require IV coffee just to function? But when the context changes, our response to our lifestyle changes, too, and this necessitates a shift in strategy.

The details of that shift are dependent on your individual situation, of course, so there are no specifics to hand out. There are a few solid general “rules,” though, to aid you in your shift:

Your diet, your exercise, your lifestyle are all supposed to serve you and your goals. Examine everything, especially the stuff you’re really passionate about. When your health is suffering, there are no sacred cows.

More is not always better and results often follow a U-shaped curve. The better our results are, the more we want to push it with the assumption that more is better. No training is bad, some training is good, too much training is bad.

A course altered or temporarily abandoned can always be resumed when the context permits. IF doesn’t work so well with too many additional stressors, but once you remove some of those stressors you should be able to reintegrate IF successfully.

Take a deload week regularly, a planned period of reduced activity where you take it easy, rest, and recuperate from your training. And not just from exercising. Take a deload week from fasting, or calorie restriction, or eating chicken, or anything that you’re doing regularly, just to see how it affects you. Plus, when you get back into the gym, you’ll likely be stronger than before and stronger than you would have been had you never taken the time off. We could all use deload weeks where we pull back, take stock of our situation, and honestly assess whether or not our choices are working for us.

Read more: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/changing ... z2d6R50bLQ
Well I'm pooped! Three and six year olds were on form today, bless 'em, so a zoo visit was fun and hot.
Afternoon tea with friends tomorrow so calories a bit beyond control, then Friday it's the turn of the six and eight year olds to explain aircraft to me at Shuttleworth.
May sleep through Saturday. At least I won't be eating if I do ...
:0)
All good fun with our little lads, who are beginning to look quite grown up *sigh* and alternate 17/7 seems to help my body respond better constipation-wise, so hurrah!
No weight lost though :0( even after all this running and jumping with boys. Perhaps I expect too much, good health is a better goal and I have achieved loose size 16 clothes, which is great.
Is aiming for a 33" waist too hard a target now? Anyone know any good waist reducing exercises for the senior citizen please?
Keep going azureblue and it'll happen when you least expect it or have forgotten about it ... But mind the fried egg baps!! :shock: :wink:
Ooooh fried eggs, such temptation.
Anyway, just updated my progress tracker and the stats are looking poor, drat it.
On a positive note I've discovered eating some coconut meat at the end of my last meal of the day produces no constipation the next so hurrah!
Life's a lot about finding the path of least negatives individually, and I'm hoping that I'm successfully groping my way forward :0)
Lalala I've nearly done 24 hours fasting
lalala hope the scales are kind tomorrow
lalala sun is shining
lalala grandkids are nearly back at school, though there's still time for them to finish me off lalala
:like: :cool: :grin:
69.7 kgs=10st 13lbs=153lbs= woohoooooooooo!
:like: :clover: :heart: :victory: :cool: :grin: :lol: :geek: :smile:
90 posts Page 5 of 6