The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

90 posts Page 1 of 6
Well that wasn't the weight I was hoping to see on the scales this morning. It must be time to change something for a week or two again, my body seems to be resisting fasting for the second time in six months on this methodology.

Last time I changed to 16/8 IF, which turned out to be good for maintenance but not for weight loss, for me.

So, this time, shall I drop to 1200 calories a day, perhaps in an eight hour eating window?

:confused: :bugeyes: :?:
Azureblue wrote: Well that wasn't the weight I was hoping to see on the scales this morning. It must be time to change something for a week or two again, my body seems to be resisting fasting for the second time in six months on this methodology.

Last time I changed to 16/8 IF, which turned out to be good for maintenance but not for weight loss, for me.

So, this time, shall I drop to 1200 calories a day, perhaps in an eight hour eating window?

:confused: :bugeyes: :?:

What is the situation like? Hom many weeks in a row have you gained weight?
I don't think I'd rush to cut calories so much. Why not give it another week to be sure?
If your body is resisting, listen to it.

Dropping to such a low calorie limit will put it under stress even more and you really do need your body to function well, rather than weigh less in the short-term.

Check your intakes, by all means but patience is the key when your BMI is low.
I gained this week, too, but I'm waiting a week to see what happens.
Don't cut one calories just carry on as you are for the next few weeks and CHILL. Your body may just be stabilising and getting used to where its at the moment and as has happened to others suddenly a couple of lbs suddenly drop off. good luck in whatever you do.
Sorry I hope you made sence of that I was half listening to the radio and did not read over what I had written.
Many thanks for all your concerned responses. Perhaps it was a bit of a knee-jerk reaction, and yesterday's fast did produce a good drop of 1.1kgs.
Sometimes a small change can refresh though.
Still pondering.
Next fast would be Thursday so see how things are then maybe. I'll stay around my TDEE until then.
:0\
Azureblue wrote: Many thanks for all your concerned responses. Perhaps it was a bit of a knee-jerk reaction, and yesterday's fast did produce a good drop of 1.1kgs.
Sometimes a small change can refresh though.
Still pondering.
Next fast would be Thursday so see how things are then maybe. I'll stay around my TDEE until then.
:0\

I don't want to nag, but how many weeks in a row have you not lost weight? To not lose weight for 3-4 weeks while eating properly is nothing unusual and it is very likely to happen most people who have a lot of weight to lose. I was recently through such a period but have broken through it now.
Me too, which I why I'm saying what I'm saying (sum total loss in April = 200g), lost much faster since...too many variables to know what's going on except over the longer-run.

How did you arrive at a value for your ideal weight?
Quote: "I don't want to nag, but "

Oh go on, resist that urge to nag, dear boy.

It's been a week of increase but a month of going no where, so it got me thinking.

Still pondering :geek:
BBT053 wrote: Me too, which I why I'm saying what I'm saying (sum total loss in April = 200g), lost much faster since...too many variables to know what's going on except over the longer-run.

How did you arrive at a value for your ideal weight?

I read around the interweb and everything on here then guesstimated. :grin:
Do you want to lose more? Would it be beneficial?
Yes and oh yes. Up to another stone to go please.
Azureblue wrote: Quote: "I don't want to nag, but "

Oh go on, resist that urge to nag, dear boy.

It's been a week of increase but a month of going no where, so it got me thinking.

Still pondering :geek:

Haha.. Ok. I deserved that. You do need to chill, though. :)
90 posts Page 1 of 6