The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

650 posts Page 15 of 44
Previous 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 44 Next
Re: Valentine's Day Challenge
10 Jan 2014, 15:39
Pleased to hear things are moving in the right direction @wildmissus & @Julieathome.
10 Jan 2014, 16:18
Hi!
Number #56 checking in, I'm 67.0 today but I fasted yesterday it might go a bit up over the weekend but it's so great, I gained almost 2kg over the holidays and I was freaking out thinking I might not lose them again.

:)
10 Jan 2014, 17:19
Woo hoo @Matillian..not far to go! Well done there. :heart:
10 Jan 2014, 17:40
Hi all, checking in on Valentine's Day Challenge: not too great so far, +1 pound. Today (Friday here) is my 2nd fast day of week and I've been wey-heying a bit on non-fast days. :oops: For example, I went to lunch the other day with a friend at Baja Fresh and had their very nice taco plate (2 carne asada tacos with corn tortilla not fried), refried pinto beans and Mexican rice along with yummy salsa and a few fried tortilla chips). I didn't feel too bad about it until I looked at the calorie count--230 calories per taco and about 170 and 180 for the beans and rice. That means my nice "little" lunch was :oops: about 900 calories. And my TDEE is something like 1250. Good grief! and the thing is, I would have been happy with 1 taco and about 2T of beans and rice or 2 tacos and no beans and rice. I need to keep my head in the game. Mindless eating is anathema. :razz:

Oh well, new fast day, new week, new opportunity! I am excited, which is not a feeling associated with any "diet" I have ever experienced.
That's it from this bordergirl--#45 in the Valentines Day Challenge. :cool:
10 Jan 2014, 17:46
[
quote="bordergirl"
Oh well, new fast day, new week, new opportunity! I am excited, which is not a feeling associated with any "diet" I have ever experienced.
That's it from this bordergirl--#45 in the Valentines Day Challenge. :cool:

Thanks for posting @bordergirl, love your positive attitude! Fingers crossed for next week then. :heart:
10 Jan 2014, 17:50
#50 checking in.I'm down a pound.Very happy as I was up on Tuesday. Too many left-over Christmas sweets. Doing much better now and hopefully I'll be able to make it to the 140s by Valentines. If not, I'll be close and that will make me happy too. All the best to everyone!
10 Jan 2014, 18:07
#13 just checking in to say I still haven't made my xmas club target, but I AM going to get there before the end of Jan, and get to the valentine's target by valentine's day I hope!
11 Jan 2014, 06:11
Challenger no. 28 just checking in. After a shocking week including a bad dose of PMS, I've lost 0.2 kg since starting on the 24th December. Hopefully things will start to move now so I can work towards my Valentines Day goal.

Fasting on Monday and Thursday this week :)
11 Jan 2014, 10:03
Thank you for posting @mkmacphee, @Nicky_94 and @catamo, great to hear that you're all doing well and hoping to get to target! Good luck to you all. :clover:
11 Jan 2014, 10:26
Challenge member 29 checking in :grin:
I have lost 2lbs 2oz this week so I am pleased with that! Onwards & downwards everyone :like:
11 Jan 2014, 10:32
:frown: how can this be. I've not weighed all week, trying a new attack. Well I'm not doing that again................
Either I've put on 2lb water maybe or my scales are broken.
I'm not inputting this into my tracker and I'm back to weighing daily.
So checking in with a 2lb increase. :confused:
11 Jan 2014, 10:46
carieoates wrote: :frown: how can this be. I've not weighed all week, trying a new attack. Well I'm not doing that again................
Either I've put on 2lb water maybe or my scales are broken.
I'm not inputting this into my tracker and I'm back to weighing daily.
So checking in with a 2lb increase. :confused:

Oh that's so annoying - really feel for you. Maybe the scales are having a bad day. Just noticed that you are Cambridgeshire like me!
11 Jan 2014, 11:03
Dear @Auriga - I'm very grumpy with myself as I'm just not back in the swing of liquid fasting, which is my way of 5:2ing - my last few days of fasting have ended up with a big slab of Christmas cake!!! Well someone's got to eat it and the sooner it's out of the house the better TBH. So I know I need a slap with a wet fish to get me back on track, but I'm being totally unrealistic in trying to be a 69er by Valentine's Day - it just ain't gonna happen. So I'm stepping out of this challenge :curse: and taking a bit of pressure off myself. If I can go back to shedding half pound a week I'll be happy, but at the moment the scales are sticking and Christmas cake's the culprit! Good luck to everyone on this challenge - hope you all make it :clover:
11 Jan 2014, 11:08
:heart: bumped for @danielle21711 :heart: :heart:

@Auriga forgot to post I've had small 200 grams increase :shock: :shock: which I'm gutted about as I'd done back2back fasts so need to pull socks up again.
I'm with @Suchard007 keep nibbling on the xmas cake.
11 Jan 2014, 12:18
Thank you for all for posting:

@Isis well done on the 2lbs2oz loss :victory: it's marvellous.

@Carieoates & @Sue.Q I have my fingers crossed for next week for you both!

One of the reasons I weigh daily now is because you can see a downward trend if your weight is up & down a lot and you don't get a shock after a week!

I am sorry you are leaving @Suchard007, but quite understand how you feel if it's not achieving anything for you and who wants to be under pressure anyway. My very best wishes to you, good luck. :clover:
Previous 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 44 Next
650 posts Page 15 of 44