The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

650 posts Page 16 of 44
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 44 Next
Re: Valentine's Day Challenge
11 Jan 2014, 12:23
@danielle21711 you're number 77 and welcome! :heart: I have put you down for a 7lb loss....is that OK for you?
11 Jan 2014, 14:16
As I'm new and still trying to find the balance for my journey I have decided only to weigh in half way through the challenge ie late January as every time I weigh myself I'm marginally below or above my first weigh in. It's good to know this is part of the journey, having read the great info and threads. But as I'm here to stay I'm taking my eye off the scales and focusing on how fantastic I feel! :wink:
11 Jan 2014, 17:55
Number 49 signing in.

I have lost 2lb this week. Whoo whoo.
3 to go!!!
Good luck everyone.

Lesley
11 Jan 2014, 23:16
Hello, just checking in having weighed for the first time in a while. I bought a cheap pair of scale to keep at camp, and found that my weight varied depending on where in the room I put them!! It is lop-sided! Anyway, I am back to my pre-Xmas weight and going nowhere fast :frown:
However, I get back to camp on the 20th and will be doing my best to lose that pesky 1.1kg before the 14th!!
12 Jan 2014, 11:10
Lost a lb this week, so pleased! 4 more to go ...
12 Jan 2014, 12:55
New Low this morning! 159 lbs! Haven't been under 160 lbs in a few years! I expect I will make goal of 158 but I know that I bounce around alot and almost as soon as I see a new low then I bounce back up by 2-4 lbs, hoping that that won't happen this time since I'm not hanging out at my favorite bar as much anymore. ;)
12 Jan 2014, 13:44
That's awesome Betsy! Congrats!

I weigh myself on Mondays, so I will check in then. Not sure how it's going to go due to a few factors, but we'll see!
12 Jan 2014, 14:06
Betsysgr8 wrote: New Low this morning! 159 lbs! Haven't been under 160 lbs in a few years! I expect I will make goal of 158 but I know that I bounce around alot and almost as soon as I see a new low then I bounce back up by 2-4 lbs, hoping that that won't happen this time since I'm not hanging out at my favorite bar as much anymore. ;)

Aww Betsy that's great news - but is it worth missing hanging out at your favourite bar for ?? :shock: :cool: :lol: :wink: (am sure they're missing you too :razz: )
12 Jan 2014, 14:09
Member no.11 here and I have managed a measly 0.2 lb. loss :frown: I didn't really have a proper fast on Wed though so that is likely why the scale is disappointing.
I am off on Sat for a Caribbean cruise and likely a 5-7 lb weight gain is included in the price :grin: . This Valentine goal may be too ambitious but will keep trying.

Congrats @betsysgr8 :like: :victory: , that is an important milestone; one I am still chasing. Keep going :clover: :clover: :clover:
12 Jan 2014, 14:30
Silverdarling wrote: Aww Betsy that's great news - but is it worth missing hanging out at your favourite bar for ?? :shock: :cool: :lol: :wink: (am sure they're missing you too :razz: )

It's not a hardship just yet, fav bartender off for a few days as her grandma passed away on Friday and other fav bartender is her daughter so she's off too. Also, a new couple has been hanging out there for last month or so and they are there EVERYDAY from noon on and control the jukebox (they play the same country songs over and over again! :bugeyes: ) and insist on it being played at such a high-volume that you can't even talk to the person next to you. Oh well, I was spending too much time there anyway but it really was my only "social" time since I'm not working or volunteering. I think I need a life! :lol:
12 Jan 2014, 14:40
Thank you for posting Lizbean, lesley54, Debs, Silverdarling, Betsysgr8, cblasz and judithn. I was really pleased to hear how you're doing.
12 Jan 2014, 14:59
Hi all! I would love to join! However, I have no scales with me in my student house... So i think i'll set a target for inches off my waist/botbot!! ;) Does anyone have any idea what a reasonable target would be, if I have an already healthy bmi? EG: 1 pound a week is average weight loss, how about average inches ?? Thanks!! Good luck alL! x
12 Jan 2014, 15:03
tinamacarina wrote: Hi all! I would love to join! However, I have no scales with me in my student house... So i think i'll set a target for inches off my waist/botbot!! ;) Does anyone have any idea what a reasonable target would be, if I have an already healthy bmi? EG: 1 pound a week is average weight loss, how about average inches ?? Thanks!! Good luck alL! x

Hello & welcome, I shall put you down as number 78 @tinamacarina and if you've already got a healthy bmi how about just an inch off the old waistline?! Let me know what you think.
12 Jan 2014, 15:36
Thanks Auriga, that is great! Maybe make it 2 inches ;D but i'll keep in mind that it's ambitious hehe. Good luck, and well done on your loss so far!!! x
12 Jan 2014, 16:43
tinamacarina wrote: Thanks Auriga, that is great! Maybe make it 2 inches ;D but i'll keep in mind that it's ambitious hehe. Good luck, and well done on your loss so far!!! x

OK I shall change it to two inches! Ambition is all! :heart:
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 44 Next
650 posts Page 16 of 44