The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

650 posts Page 19 of 44
Previous 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 44 Next
Re: Valentine's Day Challenge
15 Jan 2014, 15:27
Auriga wrote: :heart:
alpha22 wrote: :?: I'd love to join.. But its less than a month.. Can I have an interim goal like lose 5 or 10 lb???

You can have whatever goal you want @alpha22..shall I make you a 5lb goal and you'll be number 82? If you change your mind about how much you want to lose just post me. :heart:

Sure!!! I can try to lose 5 lb :handshake:
15 Jan 2014, 22:07
I'm deliberately weighing myself infrequently so that I can have a nice surprise when I do and was delighted to discover today that I've lost half a stone since starting at end of November. So I'm on track for Valentines...
I'm thrilled because it has been so easy. I'm just as much a foodie as ever. It's really not difficult to calorie restrict only twice a week is it !!!
16 Jan 2014, 11:07
Hello!

Congratulations to all losers ;) Very happy for you!

I am much better after last week's illness but what is going on with me I don't know. I can't get my head around fasting, cutting out on sugar/sweets/nibbles. I am just not in the losing weight mode and I can't get myself there! I did fast on Monday (for about 24hrs) but after the fast I ate too much :bugeyes: and the scales in the morning after shown just a little drop down. Tuesday there were biscuits almost all day :curse: On Wednesday I was very good and didn't have any sweets and wanted to start a 24hr fast after 3pm. But then I went back home and ate a whole bag of clementines! Again, no loss this morning, the same weight since Tuesday. I am fasting today and planning on having just 500 ckals for my meal and I'm resolved to be strong and not give in to any more food today!
16 Jan 2014, 12:04
yes i am in too!
i am gonna go with the average weight loss of 5:2 - 1lb per week and there are 4 weeks til valentines which means i should lose 4lbs

wait a second.... maybe i should add 2 extra lbs on there to make it a real challenge?
ok
so my goal for valentines is -6lbs which will take me to 11 stone 10lbs

goo dluck to everyone xxxx
16 Jan 2014, 13:28
Scales this morning almost showed 9st 2.5lbs, but kept going back up to 3.5! I even moved the scales around the room haha. Usually I fast on thursdays but can't this week, so hoping I'll still be on a 3 tomorrow when I check in for real. Still, there's 4 weeks left and about 3lbs to go, which should be do-able...

Definitely feeling better though, my body feels much more in tune again which is good :)
16 Jan 2014, 14:11
foxglover wrote: yes i am in too!
i am gonna go with the average weight loss of 5:2 - 1lb per week and there are 4 weeks til valentines which means i should lose 4lbs

wait a second.... maybe i should add 2 extra lbs on there to make it a real challenge?
ok
so my goal for valentines is -6lbs which will take me to 11 stone 10lbs

goo dluck to everyone xxxx

Welcome @foxglover, you are number 84, and I have put you down to lose 6lbs. Good luck. :clover:
16 Jan 2014, 14:16
Pleased to hear that you're doing really well @slimbex76 and on track with your goal.
I hope you're successful with your fast today @gorba? I find that getting into a regular habit with fast days helps a lot.
I do that with the scales too @BethP when they are playing me up! I hope you will get near target soon. :victory:
16 Jan 2014, 14:28
Hi @Auriga. I am posting my weekly weight a bit early today because:
1) It is the lowest I have been in > 15 years :victory:
2) I am going on a cruise tomorrow and won't be fasting or checking in for over a week.
3) I will likely have gained a lot when I return and will find that my Valentine's goal is quite impossible but will deal with that then. For now I am quite chuffed :cool:
16 Jan 2014, 14:33
judithn wrote: Hi @Auriga. I am posting my weekly weight a bit early today because:
1) It is the lowest I have been in > 15 years :victory:
2) I am going on a cruise tomorrow and won't be fasting or checking in for over a week.
3) I will likely have gained a lot when I return and will find that my Valentine's goal is quite impossible but will deal with that then. For now I am quite chuffed :cool:

Oooooo! Congratulations @judithn, well done to you, you must feel great! Have a marvellous holiday. :victory:
16 Jan 2014, 19:09
No 28 checking in.

Woohoo, down to 67.4kg today, 400g off my Valentines Day goal and 2.2kg down from the start. I've also lost 5cm from my waist since the start! I'm over the moon :victory: !
16 Jan 2014, 20:02
Well done everyone especially catamo.
Some great losses so far.
Good luck to everyone for this weeks weigh-in.

Lesley
16 Jan 2014, 21:48
Thanks for this, I'm sorry that I've only just read it!
I shall certainly give the Valentines challenge a try (I have a special birthday at the end of this month... The big 50) so hopefully one will lead nicely on from the other.
17 Jan 2014, 07:22
Challenger No. 12 reporting in with today's weigh in. 119.5lbs this morning so nearly at my target weight. I think this is due to the fact that I am trying low carb out at the moment. Will have to make sure I don't disappear at this rate!!!
17 Jan 2014, 07:31
Member number 7 reporting in, a 2.2lb/1kg weight loss this week :smile: not far off target so will have a rethink!
17 Jan 2014, 07:32
#48 reporting in.
A slight gain this week 0.6lb, but that still gives a loss of over 2lbs since I started the challenge. So I'm still smiling :smile:
Previous 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 44 Next
650 posts Page 19 of 44