The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

650 posts Page 22 of 44
Previous 1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 44 Next
Re: Valentine's Day Challenge
19 Jan 2014, 09:15
Number 35 checking in.

I'm back on track at last and have lost 1.5kgs this week so 1.1kgs to go. Hopefully I will make it to my target of 65kgs.
19 Jan 2014, 09:57
Number 10 checking in.
Like @windsurfer123 I'm back on track and have updated my tracker to show 10.10... NOT till we do it again, I hope!
I was actually 10.9 (and three quarters) this morning and that was after a humungously large and rich lunch yesterday (no alcohol, though!)
Soooo, 2 and three quarter pounds to target...1.24 kilos...less than a bag of sugar now!

Thanks everyone for your help and support and for @auriga for organising this challenge.
19 Jan 2014, 10:30
:heart: Well done @PennyForthem To being back on track and :clover: Good. Luck with the bag of sugar :clover:

:shock: I'm still aiming for the "lorry" weight :shock: :shock: :shock:
19 Jan 2014, 10:46
Also can report another pound loss - and this is without the strawberry mascarpone dessert that was one of the things @PennyForthem was teasing us with @on a fast day yesterday :shock:

So really pleased that a downward trend seems to be establishing itself - after a period of ups and downs :victory: :like: and also big thanks Auriga for taking charge of the Valentine tent!
19 Jan 2014, 11:27
nursebean wrote: Er...is it too late to join? I need something to keep me motivated...

I am currently 11:13. Can I aim to lose 3lbs please?

Bean :oops:

@nursebean you already joined! You're number 22 with a target of 10st13lbs, shall I change that to a loss of 3lbs for you???
19 Jan 2014, 11:35
Thanks everyone who posted since Friday afternoon...I was away from home for a day and a half and wasn't on the internet!
Well done every one who's lost weight especially @Wendy Darling and @Sallyo who have reached their targets! Yayyyy!
To those of us who are stuck or up...keep going folks we have four weeks left!
:heart:
19 Jan 2014, 14:32
:heart: Have reset my valentines challenge goal from my unrealistic target of 93kgs to my original
xmas goal of 95kgs
This won't stop me aiming in hope for the lower one but highly unlikely as I'm not even back to my pre-xmas
weight yet.

Lessons learned the hard way and changes will be made accordingly if @justdee doesn't want the month away in the sun with me I will just have to hibernate for a month!!!!!
19 Jan 2014, 14:51
I have reset your target @Sue.Q on page one. :victory: We still have four weeks to go so good luck everybody. :heart:
Re: Valentine's Day Challenge.
19 Jan 2014, 21:34
I set a very modest target and now I've met it a month early. I spend so much of my time on a plateau that I still hardly believe that I can loose weight. That's why I set such a modest target. Now I feel a bit silly. I won't set another target however. I'll wait until after Valentine's Day and see where I'm at then. Good luck all you brave people who set bigger targets and are still chipping away.
19 Jan 2014, 22:06
Well done @Sallyo! I too set what I thought was a modest target but I've been losing very very slowly recently. I've only lost 1lb from my pre Christmas weight, or at least, I think it's 1lb...I spied a new low on the scales but next day it had jumped up again. At the moment I'm only half a pound down compared with before Christmas. Had a bit of a carbfest this weekend which is not helping but perhaps the excesses will stimulate a boost in fat loss by the end of next week. I don't think I'll make my target though as I've still 4lb to lose in 4 weeks.
19 Jan 2014, 22:28
@caroreesDon't forget to factor in Winter. Any weight not gained in winter is a cause for celebration.
20 Jan 2014, 12:40
After a couple weeks of being up on the scale, I was so happy today to be down 2.3 lbs. (1 kg)!! I was expecting to be down a little, but not that much! I hope I can keep going down and meet my VD goal!
20 Jan 2014, 12:48
Oh @Auriga what a monkey I am! I couldn't see myself in there. Yes, as you can see, I've had a, huh hum, small glitch and my original target of 10:13 by the 14th must have been a dream. No, I'll be realistic now and go for 3lbs. That way, if I lose more it'll be a great surprise!

Bean :shock:
20 Jan 2014, 13:09
nursebean wrote: Oh @Auriga what a monkey I am! I couldn't see myself in there. Yes, as you can see, I've had a, huh hum, small glitch and my original target of 10:13 by the 14th must have been a dream. No, I'll be realistic now and go for 3lbs. That way, if I lose more it'll be a great surprise!

Bean :shock:

I have altered your goal @nursebean to -3lbs and good luck with ADF that you are doing with Debs. :victory:
20 Jan 2014, 13:32
Here goes then! I've read about the diet and promised myself I'd try it so today I am fasting for the first time!

It would appear there are not many blokes on here!

I am off to Venice for the Valentine's weekend and would ideally like to lose 12lbs from what the scales were telling me this morning? This may seem a tall order but I'm pretty sure I was carrying quite a bit of "weekend weight" after a rather large and late curry last night (plus quite a few pints!) I normally shed about 4 or 5lbs within two days after such a weekend. So probably looking at another 8lbs ish before 13th Feb? Possible?
Previous 1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 44 Next
650 posts Page 22 of 44