The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

650 posts Page 25 of 44
Previous 1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 44 Next
Re: Valentine's Day Challenge.
23 Jan 2014, 14:19
Number 32 checking in and I am SO relieved to admit that I finally rediscovered my determination and grit last weekend. I had a bad carb day on Saturday so when I stepped on the scales Sunday morning and they said ten stone NINE I was horrified!!! So that was the kick up the butt I needed. I fasted on Sunday (500 cals) and Monday morning was down to 10:6. Stuck to my 1480 calories on Monday and ran with the running club and was down to 10:4 on Tuesday morning. Tuesday I ate 1480 calories again and ran in the evening and was down to 10:3 on Wednesday. And I fasted yesterday (although I did end up eating 619 calories) but this morning the scales said ten stone, two pounds and three-eighths. So I only need to lose 2.5lbs now to be back at 9:13 (just!). A GOOD (and timely) weight loss week for me and I am now SURE that I will shift those last pounds in time to hit my Valentine's challenge of being back at target by then........
23 Jan 2014, 14:25
Domane wrote: Number 32 checking in and I am SO relieved to admit that I finally rediscovered my determination and grit last weekend. I had a bad carb day on Saturday so when I stepped on the scales Sunday morning and they said ten stone NINE I was horrified!!! So that was the kick up the butt I needed. I fasted on Sunday (500 cals) and Monday morning was down to 10:6. Stuck to my 1480 calories on Monday and ran with the running club and was down to 10:4 on Tuesday morning. Tuesday I ate 1480 calories again and ran in the evening and was down to 10:3 on Wednesday. And I fasted yesterday (although I did end up eating 619 calories) but this morning the scales said ten stone, two pounds and three-eighths. So I only need to lose 2.5lbs now to be back at 9:13 (just!). A GOOD (and timely) weight loss week for me and I am now SURE that I will shift those last pounds in time to hit my Valentine's challenge of being back at target by then........

That IS determination!! You should bottle it and make your fortune!!
Well done x
23 Jan 2014, 14:28
Well my resolve has not been quite as good as the above but reading Domanes post has stopped me from putting another two slices of bread in the toaster!

I am also relieved to see some progress. Back to 60.3kg today, still 0.55kg heavier than my pre christmas weigh but its going the right way and thats the main thing!

1.3kg to hit my Valentine target!!!
23 Jan 2014, 15:23
#10 doing well. 10 9 this morning, exactly, so 2lbs to go and 3 weeks to do it. I'm sticking then, I think, with 10 7 as my target. Mind you, we still have our Malaysian banquet to look forward to...
23 Jan 2014, 15:44
Brilliant stuff @Domane, @spanner & @PennyForthem.....not too far to go now and that's what I call determination Domane....fingers crossed for you all. :heart:
23 Jan 2014, 19:12
Well I've just been for another 7.5km run so that should help too. I know you probably think I'm bonkers but I'm of the "Get it off quick and then go onto maintenance when you can eat a bit more" brigade!!! Realistically, now I'm back where I am, I'm not in a rush to shift those last few pounds.... what I needed was to find the determination and I've got that again so I'm happy once more....
23 Jan 2014, 19:59
I'm in too! It's not far away so I'll keep my goal relatively small. I'd like to lose 5lbs. This is a good reboot for me. I'm 15-20 lbs. away from my goal. Time to kick it into high gear. :)

How often do we check in?
24 Jan 2014, 06:03
I am so sorry! I checked in a day early. I thought it was Friday yesterday.

Shows how well my week is going!
24 Jan 2014, 06:44
Good week this week, lost 1.7kg (3.6lb) so am at target! :grin: Next target is to be overweight and out of the obese category!
24 Jan 2014, 07:16
#12 reporting in. After a very indulgent weekend with my parents to celebrate mum's birthday I have spent the week trying to get back on track. Pleased to report that I am back to 119.5lbs so .5lbs off my target. The same as last week but minus all the party weight :)
24 Jan 2014, 07:35
#48 reporting in and shuffling about like a sulky teenager.
0.6 lb lost (272g). In the last week I have walked 45 miles, run 5km,done 2 HIIT sessions , 2 low intensity sessions.... and eaten too many carbs, and drunk too much wine last weekend :oops:

So the plan for next week is - No carbs Monday to Thursday,2 runs, and less wine at the weekend.
24 Jan 2014, 08:26
Hi all. #33 checking in.

Sorry, not been able to read thread for a couple of weeks. Will try and catch up over the weekend but hope you are all well.

Despite eating too much/badly all last weekend and drinking far too much wine, the scales show 146.25 lb this morning! No idea how... Measurements showing a small decrease too.

Am intending to eat better this weekend (no pizza-fest, indian takeaway, supermarket wrap for lunch on the go), although 'some' wine will still be involved :grin:
24 Jan 2014, 08:47
No 10 checking in; can't believe it.

10 stones 8.5 pounds this morning! (67.35kg)

3 weeks and 1.5lbs to go (0.68kg)

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
24 Jan 2014, 09:11
:smile: 63 checking in. Down to 143, leaving 2lbs to lose to meet the challenge. I have lost 6lbs since I joined on 30 December and I'm very happy with that. Have a good week everyone! Lizzie :smile:
24 Jan 2014, 09:21
Checking in with a gain of 0.4kg from last Friday, but trend is down, so I'm still hoping for target.
Previous 1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 44 Next
650 posts Page 25 of 44