The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

650 posts Page 23 of 44
Previous 1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 44 Next
Re: Valentine's Day Challenge.
20 Jan 2014, 14:00
Johnny6162 wrote: Here goes then! I've read about the diet and promised myself I'd try it so today I am fasting for the first time!

It would appear there are not many blokes on here!

I am off to Venice for the Valentine's weekend and would ideally like to lose 12lbs from what the scales were telling me this morning? This may seem a tall order but I'm pretty sure I was carrying quite a bit of "weekend weight" after a rather large and late curry last night (plus quite a few pints!) I normally shed about 4 or 5lbs within two days after such a weekend. So probably looking at another 8lbs ish before 13th Feb? Possible?

Hello there @Johnny6162and welcome....well it IS possible if you have a lot to lose, but it's entirely up to you! Shall I put you down as member 85 with 8lbs as your loss target??
20 Jan 2014, 14:03
cblasz wrote: After a couple weeks of being up on the scale, I was so happy today to be down 2.3 lbs. (1 kg)!! I was expecting to be down a little, but not that much! I hope I can keep going down and meet my VD goal!

Congratulations @cblasz on your 1kg loss....well done.
20 Jan 2014, 14:52
Thanks Auriga! I have to say I don't know how you guys weigh in kgs. The numbers change so much slower. Seeing the pounds go down is much more fun IMO!! I guess it's all just what you are used to though. :geek:
20 Jan 2014, 15:28
cblasz wrote: Thanks Auriga! I have to say I don't know how you guys weigh in kgs. The numbers change so much slower. Seeing the pounds go down is much more fun IMO!! I guess it's all just what you are used to though. :geek:

The decimal points are what keeps me going :lol: and those go faster than single pounds :wink:

Although if a pound was broken down to decimal points that would be changing even faster :lol:
20 Jan 2014, 15:41
You know the reason I started to weigh myself in kilos was precisely because they didn't mean much to me and so I wouldn't feel so bad about being 'heavy'! Talk about putting my head in the sand! Anyway, now I have got quite used to weighing in kilos and I also know exactly what the equivalent is in stones and pounds so NO hiding place any more!
20 Jan 2014, 15:44
I've learned more about the metric system being on this forum than I ever did in school! :) I still have to use the online calculators sometimes though to check. I guess the nice thing about kgs is that it's a smaller number than pounds!
20 Jan 2014, 23:22
Auriga wrote: You know the reason I started to weigh myself in kilos was precisely because they didn't mean much to me and so I wouldn't feel so bad about being 'heavy'! Talk about putting my head in the sand! Anyway, now I have got quite used to weighing in kilos and I also know exactly what the equivalent is in stones and pounds so NO hiding place any more!

Snap!
20 Jan 2014, 23:35
:clover: Yes and me also :clover: snap!!!
21 Jan 2014, 06:21
Cheers for the replies, all. Well the 4lb did come off with yesterdays fasting so I will accept the 8lb remaining say challenge before getting on the plane to Venice on 13th Feb!
21 Jan 2014, 10:01
Johnny6162 wrote: Cheers for the replies, all. Well the 4lb did come off with yesterdays fasting so I will accept the 8lb remaining say challenge before getting on the plane to Venice on 13th Feb!

Good luck with that @Johnny6162 :heart: .
21 Jan 2014, 10:04
Being a lazy weighing bint I'm afraid and am not going to give up my weight until the end of my three weeks ADF which ends on the 10th. Suffice it to say I have gone backwards so far!! :oops: :cry:
21 Jan 2014, 14:42
Debs wrote: Being a lazy weighing bint I'm afraid and am not going to give up my weight until the end of my three weeks ADF which ends on the 10th. Suffice it to say I have gone backwards so far!! :oops: :cry:

Quite a few members prefer not to weigh-in every week with their numbers @Debs and it will be a really nice surprise if you've lost loads by then!! I hope you'll be going in the right direction soon. :bugeyes:
Good luck Debs. :clover:
21 Jan 2014, 20:26
I'll join the challenge. I talked about doing 5:2 or 4:3 last year and never stuck with it. Valentine's day is a good goal. Like Johnny said, I'm up a bit from weekend indulgences, so I'm going to hope for -12 to be 160 lbs. Thanks for the challenge!!
22 Jan 2014, 12:18
Only 5lbs to go by 13th Feb according to my scales this morning. Hope it's not a blip!
22 Jan 2014, 13:51
thinagain wrote: I'll join the challenge. I talked about doing 5:2 or 4:3 last year and never stuck with it. Valentine's day is a good goal. Like Johnny said, I'm up a bit from weekend indulgences, so I'm going to hope for -12 to be 160 lbs. Thanks for the challenge!!

Welcome@thinagain...and your member number is 86. Good luck with your goal of -12lbs. :heart:
Previous 1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 44 Next
650 posts Page 23 of 44