The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

650 posts Page 24 of 44
Previous 1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 44 Next
Re: Valentine's Day Challenge.
22 Jan 2014, 13:52
Johnny6162 wrote: Only 5lbs to go by 13th Feb according to my scales this morning. Hope it's not a blip!

You're doing very well!
22 Jan 2014, 14:56
Auriga, those scales must have change their minds today and gave in to your apparent loss of kgs :smile: Congratulations on achieving your goal! :victory:
22 Jan 2014, 15:11
gorba wrote: Auriga, those scales must have change their minds today and gave in to your apparent loss of kgs :smile: Congratulations on achieving your goal! :victory:

Thank you @gorba, I rather surprised myself! I have to at least maintain that now and try and lose more. Sometimes, just when you think things are permanently stuck they go in the direction you want. :victory:
Ooooo we're very similar you and I.....just sneaked a look at your tracker! :oops:
22 Jan 2014, 15:24
Yes, we had almost the same starting weight and interim goal :smile:
You're doing fantastic losing all this weight in just 4 months :like:
22 Jan 2014, 15:52
thinagain wrote: I'll join the challenge. I talked about doing 5:2 or 4:3 last year and never stuck with it. Valentine's day is a good goal. Like Johnny said, I'm up a bit from weekend indulgences, so I'm going to hope for -12 to be 160 lbs. Thanks for the challenge!!

Hi there, it seems like we are around the same weight. (I'm a little heavier) and I just wanted to caution you that 12 lbs. by Valentine's Day might be tough. There's only about 4 weeks left, so that would be 3 lbs. a week. You might be better with a 6lb. goal. I know my goal is even a bit high, but I'll be happy if I even get close to it.

Just wanted to throw that out there. Good luck either way! :clover:
23 Jan 2014, 00:05
#19's here!!!
:( I gained a little this week. I'm now 173.4, that's 0.2lbs gain, which is really a stay the same. I am feeling a little trimmer, so something must be happening. I'm still running, not for very long but still doing it. and I think it's almost TOTM. I hope it's just water weight but I've not been very good on non-fastdays so it may be a bit of that too. Will try harder from now on. I just need to remember 'a LITTLE of what you fancy is ok'. I still hope to reach my valentine's goal. Just waiting for the exercise to start paying off.
Dee
23 Jan 2014, 00:25
After doing well in the first week or two, I seem to have stalled. My lowest weight this week is 0.1kg higher than my lowest weight in the Valentine's Day Challenge. There's still time, and I don't have much to lose to get to my goal/maintenance weight. It is frustrating how difficult weight loss is once you're at a healthy BMI. It doesn't bode well for maintenance if I"m fasting 3 days a week and not losing...
23 Jan 2014, 07:05
No 30 checking in with a 0.6lb gain :cry:

My fast days haven't gone well this week & I've had a great deal of knee pain which has also made the opposite hip hurt. A touch of arthritis apparently. So my exercise has been VERY gentle.

I hope you have all had a better week than me :grin:
23 Jan 2014, 07:44
Hey all, quick update from #77...only 2lb to go until I meet my target!! :grin:
23 Jan 2014, 08:12
Hiya! I am not doing that great this week. Last weekend has set me back a lot - it was my B-day. I did enjoy myself, though a little bit too much maybe! I had a good fast day on Monday and today is my second fast day for this week. I haven't gone mad on normal days so I'm hoping for no loss no gain this week.
:doh: I hope I can still make my goal for the Valentine's Day. But if not I won't despair, just wait a little longer! :smile:
23 Jan 2014, 12:06
MaryAnn wrote: It is frustrating how difficult weight loss is once you're at a healthy BMI. It doesn't bode well for maintenance if I"m fasting 3 days a week and not losing...

Amen :( I wish you the best of luck with your fasts. Try not to stress about it, I know whenever I stress or obsess over my weight it always stalls or I start emotionally eating... Just try to remember it's slow progress, but progress nonetheless!
23 Jan 2014, 12:32
#8 checking in. Since joining the Valentine's Day Challenge on 28th December at at weight of 70.1 kg, my trend weight has gone down by 1kg (69.1kg). Getting slow now I'm nearing my overall target weight so I don't think I'm going to make my Valentine's Day Goal of 67kg as there's only 3 weeks to go.

Can I adjust my goal to 68kg? Even that is unlikely for my trend weight but I might just see that number on the scales by 14th Feb (best figure so far is 68.5kg yesterday, but I'm up a bit this morning).

Not sure which weight you want to take for your club records, though @Auriga?
23 Jan 2014, 12:38
carorees wrote: #8 checking in. Since joining the Valentine's Day Challenge on 28th December at at weight of 70.1 kg, my trend weight has gone down by 1kg (69.1kg). Getting slow now I'm nearing my overall target weight so I don't think I'm going to make my Valentine's Day Goal of 67kg as there's only 3 weeks to go.

Can I adjust my goal to 68kg? Even that is unlikely for my trend weight but I might just see that number on the scales by 14th Feb (best figure so far is 68.5kg yesterday, but I'm up a bit this morning).

Not sure which weight you want to take for your club records, though @Auriga?

Lets go with 68k @carorees, I think its important to go with what you are happy with Caroline and I don't mind changing things at all. :heart:
23 Jan 2014, 14:09
I am holding out hope that I will lose those 3 pounds in 4 weeks or so!.
I am being extra vigilant, and going along fine with losing the pre Christmas gain as of today. :smile:
23 Jan 2014, 14:12
Katharina wrote: I am holding out hope that I will lose those 3 pounds in 4 weeks or so!.
I am being extra vigilant, and going along fine with loing the pre Christmas gain as of today. :smile:

Well done Katharina for losing the Christmas weight! Good luck with those pesky three pounds.
Previous 1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 44 Next
650 posts Page 24 of 44