The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

650 posts Page 4 of 44
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 44 Next
@Patchworkperson There is no need to be embarrassed by your weight. You have less weight to lose than I did, by a long way. I was over 20 stone when I started with a BMI of 46. I have only just gone from Morbidly Obese to plain old Obese and have a long way to go before I am merely Overweight.

My progress has been bumpy, but with the support of everyone here and the encouragement I am still here, still losing. My progress is public (yours doesn't need to be) and I now get lovely comments from people saying how my achievements are encouraging them to do 5:2.

We are all here because of our weight problems. Whether its just a few pponds or lots of stones, its a problem. I just wish 5:2 had been around when i only had a few stone or even pounds to lose. Not the horrible mess I ended up.
Julie, you are such a source of inspiration xx
Patchworkperson wrote: Can I join too please? I'm too embarassed to put my weight so can I aim to loose 7lbs? 1lb a week should be doable shouldn't it?

Geri

Oh patchy please don't be embarrassed. We are all here together to fight the same war. Please use the tracker, sometimes having it all out in the open is a weight lifted. It's so nice to sit and shout out loud "I've lost this much" or my tummy has shrunk by this many cms"

Hope you don't mind me calling you patchy? Sort of fell out of my mouth. Anyhow my mum is a massive quilter. Every family member has one, even my 17 yr old son. She makes them and gives them to charity. I sold £100 in squares, quilt as the prize. Felt brilliant, as all the fabric came from a recycle store, so all profit.
So go for it and we will definitely hold your hand.
Hi Auriga

May I join in with you please?

Last weigh-in (Friday before Christmas - 20th Dec) was 153.5 lb

Not weighed since, or fasted although I've been mostly 16:8 and no snacking (unlike my BF :shock: ). Will weigh this Friday 3rd Jan so I know what the Christmas damage is...

I'm going to set an ambitious target of 140 lb please, my interim goal before I reassess. I won't be disappointed if I don't quite achieve it - hopefully I won't be too far off. And I'm motivated by challenge!

madmittens
Can i join please? I haven't dared get on the scales yet and haven't fasted for a couple of weeks. Definitely over indulged and need to get back on it. I'd like to be 144lb by Valentine's day.
Congratulations to everyone who made their Christmas goal!
May I join please? I am in maintenance but have gained weight over Christmas that I want to lose. I weighed in at 67.2kgs today but I'm sure this will increase again next week. My target is to get back below 65kgs and stay there.

Thanks for starting this.
@Auriga, I've updated my signature, which means you need to update your details. I just can't get my head round kilos.

@Patchworkperson, no need to be emnbarassed. Hang around this forum and you'll find you'll make lots of friends, get lots of support and advice and have a good laugh......oh, and you'll lose weight. :grin:
I'm definitely in! I would like to see 67 on the scale by then. That's a loss of just over 2.5kg.

Starting weight = 69.6kg. Goal weight = 67kg

X
Ok, Feb 14 is my weigh in day (Friday) so have had a look at my tracker and it tells me I should be at target by 9th Feb :sarcastic: I have my doubts but will aim for 11 lb - that should take me to 210lb (15st or 95.3kg) I'm hopefully reaching my Christmas Goal in the next 2/3 weeks as well - good job I like a challenge :lol: :lol: :lol:
I would love to join in also Auriga. I also didn't reach my Christmas Challenge goal so here goes & I will amend my signature.
Starting weight 13 stone 9.5lbs
Valentine goal 12 stone 7lbs.
So I hope to lose 16.5lbs. Sorry but I also can't work in kg.
Thanks for starting this challenge Auriga.
catamo wrote: I'm definitely in! I would like to see 67 on the scale by then. That's a loss of just over 2.5kg.

Starting weight = 69.6kg. Goal weight = 67kg

X

Welcome @catamo to the Valentine Challenge. You're number 28.Good luck! :clover: :heart:
Isis wrote: I would love to join in also Auriga. I also didn't reach my Christmas Challenge goal so here goes & I will amend my signature.
Starting weight 13 stone 9.5lbs
Valentine goal 12 stone 7lbs.
So I hope to lose 16.5lbs. Sorry but I also can't work in kg.
Thanks for starting this challenge Auriga.

Welcome@Isis, you're number 29! Good luck. :heart: :clover:
My numbering's a bit out of order, forgot to look at previous page, please forgive me. Welcome to the challenge:
@Patchworkperson, number 30 and your goal is wishing to lose 7lbs.
@slimbex76, number 31 and goal of 11stone ish.
@Domane, number 32 and wishing to lose 3lbs. :heart:
@madmittens, number 33 & a goal of 140lbs.
@Tracy22, number 34 & a goal of 144lbs.
@windsinger123, number 35 & a goal of 65k.
Sorry for adding you out of sequence, I think I must pay more attention!! :heart:
Welcome aboard! I wasn't expecting a big response after Christmas but I am pleased for all your company on the journey downwards and if any info isn't correct please post me.
:heart:
Glad to see I'm member #8 in this club...same as I was in the Christmas club...makes it easier to remember!

Progress report: making my way back down to what I was before Xmas at the rate of about 200-300g per day. Expecting to jump back up after tomorrow night's celebrations! Then I'll start in earnest and sort out my signature for both Auriga and Juliana.Rivers to use in their calculations. Progress tracker seems to think I should make my target by 10th Feb, so fingers crossed!
Auriga wrote: My numbering's a bit out of order, forgot to look at previous page, please forgive me. Welcome to the challenge:
@Patchworkperson, number 30 and your goal is wishing to lose 7lbs.

Lovely! Thank you Auriga. :grin:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 44 Next
650 posts Page 4 of 44