The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

650 posts Page 34 of 44
Previous 1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 44 Next
Powla wrote: Just to say that I am just back following an impromtu trip to England. My only Auntie had a massive brain bleed and cosequently a good week later, she passed away. The funeral was a whole 15 days after her death, so it goes without saying, that I have put weight on, rather than losing it. :confused:
I intend to get back on track tomorroe, but I somehow don't think I sahll meet my goal.I shall do my stats tomorrow, when I recovered from the aircraft fluid retetion syndrome.

So sorry to hear about your auntie, @Powla. I hope you're doing okay. Diet is definitely not the most important thing at a time like that.

And good luck, @justdee! I have to calorie count on my days off too, as otherwise my portions grow and grow.

I just went on a truly healthy food shop. I walked past all of my usual snack foods despite having bottomless-pit stomach syndrome today. No cookies, cakes, sweets, anything! (I did buy dark choc digestives, but I am very controlled with them...) I have lots of fresh fruit and salad. I really want to reach my goal! Stuck at about 9st 3lbs at the moment :(
@justdee have you tried refeeding? It where you stop 'dieting' and eat normally for a week. If you can keep the increased calories clean, so fruit instead of cakes etc. but eat till you are satisfied.

The other side of the coin is the feeling that you are overeating everyday, but a check of your calories shows you are undereating and need to up your calories as you could be in famine mode.

Firstly do a proper calorie check for a week and see what that tells you. My last one showed I was drastically under eating, below what I should have had as a sedentary person, no where near what i should have been eating as someone who exercises 4 or 5 times a week for 90 minutes each time. I think it took the whole of January and the overeating that implied (left over cakes etc) to get me out of famine mode. The reason for 5 eat and 2 fast is to stop the famine mode from kicking in. But if you are undereating on all the other days too, it will backfire on you, sliding you into famine mode.

Hold on and keep trying different ways. The weight loss will start again.
Number 58 here! I'm still in, but have not weighted myself & won't do until 14th!!

:heart:

ASailorsLifeForMe
I have a question...Monday is my normal weigh in day but I've been weighing myself a few times a week to get an average. I weighed myself on Tuesday and I was 153.0lb exactly - which is my valentines goal. Weighed myself on Wednesday and I was up a pound. Now have I met my goal or shall I wait to see what my average is on Monday? (And I'll have to do Friday too as it's valentines day!)

Edit: I lost 4lb in the first 2 weeks doing 4:3 but since then I've really struggled with 4:3 and been doing 5:2!
danielle21711 wrote: Now have I met my goal or shall I wait to see what my average is on Monday? (And I'll have to do Friday too as it's valentines day!)

@danielle21711, I personally think it's better to stick to your "official" weigh-in day or the average for the week, if that's what you do normally. Otherwise it could be confusing to you. I myself have an "official" weigh-in day on Friday or Saturday (whichever is the lowest) as that is usually my lowest point in the week. However, for the Easter challenge I'm planning to go by the trend value as that doesn't change so drastically from day to day. I also believe that's my actual weight anyway.
I'll report in tomorrow, but I think there's little chance of hitting my Valentine's target, thank goodness the Progress Tracker has a trend line
I will weigh as usual on Saturday but frustratingly seem to be staying the same at the moment. But I live in hope!
I am doing OK I think.. I will weigh myself tomorrow to see if I am on track or need a big push for the last week.
danielle21711 wrote: I have a question...Monday is my normal weigh in day but I've been weighing myself a few times a week to get an average. I weighed myself on Tuesday and I was 153.0lb exactly - which is my valentines goal. Weighed myself on Wednesday and I was up a pound. Now have I met my goal or shall I wait to see what my average is on Monday? (And I'll have to do Friday too as it's valentines day!)

Edit: I lost 4lb in the first 2 weeks doing 4:3 but since then I've really struggled with 4:3 and been doing 5:2!

@danielle21711 I am going to award you a heart for meeting your target this week. Well done! You can weigh in again next Friday, fingers crossed you'll still be on target! :heart:
Thanks for posting everyone...not long to go. :heart:
I hope I'm as good an Easter challenge setter/host as @Auriga has been - and @Juliana.rivers in the Christmas one.
Anyway, still on target of 10.7!
Thanks @PennyForthem you're going to be great I just know it! :heart:
@Auriga yaaaaaaay! Fingers crossed a 4:3 this week and next will keep me on track!
Hi!

I haven't updated in a while because I'm stuck at 67kgs no change since I last checked in. I've been doing my fasts but I guess I'm overeating on the weekends, I need to stop.
Member number 60 is back -reporting ... :heart:

Sorry - I haven't been here for a while because of personal matters.

I think I did start at 71,6 and my weight now is 68,9, so I am happy about that result so far :smile:

I am not sure if I will hit the 68,0kg.. but I will do my best :like:

So my weightloss is 2,7 kg :smile:

Pia :heart:
Previous 1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 44 Next
650 posts Page 34 of 44