The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

1467 posts Page 40 of 98
Previous 1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 98 Next
Re: Are there any runners here?
22 Dec 2013, 09:25
I've got a 10k race this afternoon, but not anticipating a PB due to the rain and wind and the late start time 3.30pm:-(
Does anyone else have a preferred time of day to run? I don't like running in the afternoon, much prefer the morning.
22 Dec 2013, 12:07
Mid-afternoon used to be my preferred time, or early evening - but races are usually midmorning (0930 - 1030) and sometimes, after a night shift, that was a good thing.

In 1983 Paris marathon was run on Saturday evening, which made it a brilliant occasion with lots of spectator support and bonhomie, finishing for me just before it got dark. Was a PB by 16 minutes and beat my training partner, but failed to realize as I passed him!
22 Dec 2013, 17:30
Another 46mins 30 today, really thought I'd get below 46 but it wasn't to be!
22 Dec 2013, 20:58
Well done anyway - and a Merry Christmas to you!
24 Dec 2013, 07:00
Just started 5:2 but a keen parkrunner so great to find others here. spending a lot of time trying to get to grips with this site.
My first fast was yesterday and it was fine, I can see I need to do some planning tho'!
24 Dec 2013, 07:08
Which is your home parkrun? Plenty of info about exercise & fasting on this site, a fair few active parkrunners (but most have them been shopping instead these last few weeks!). It's nice to see how people progress, especially from C5K to parkrun then even longer races...

Keep in touch - are you running Xmas morning?
24 Dec 2013, 19:01
New Years Day run for us! But I'll try to get a few more in before then.
24 Dec 2013, 19:19
Hello Runners,
I'm planning to start parkrun again in the New Year, injuries permitting. I had considered this coming Saturday but the Tonbridge course is currently under 3ft of water.
Happy Christmas to you all
24 Dec 2013, 20:32
Reading parkrun is home and hoping to run Christmas day. Bit of a blow out on food today , planning next fast on Friday when Im back at work. Happy if I don't gain over holiday period.
27 Dec 2013, 10:05
Just started C25K again today! :oops: I've got to about Week5 before, but then got bored and tried my own thing. I think if I'm honest with myself, I was intimidated by the longer runs, even though I could manage them, so I stopped.
This time I am determined to complete the 8 weeks before I start doing my own thing :wink:
I would love to run a 5k race in July in the Hunter Valley, NSW, so that might be my goal.
No park runs where I live, unfortunately.

X
27 Dec 2013, 14:49
Good signature! Now to keep to it...

Good Luck!
28 Dec 2013, 10:39
25:05 for me today, not unexpected really - frost on the course making it very slippery and me very fat with no exercise all week. Did manage to out-sprint an old rival to the finish though...

MrsPete slower than Xmas day so disappointed again, narrowly beaten by younger son who fell out of bed just before we set off, but both under 30 minutes so not too bad.

Anybody else daft enough to run today?
28 Dec 2013, 12:28
Not me, here is a link to a photo of the start/finish line at Tonbridge http://www.parkrun.org.uk/tonbridge/news/
01 Jan 2014, 13:23
I don't expect many did parkrun this morning, and I don't blame you!

We were lucky to miss the heavy rain, 25:28 (slowest this year) for me and 28:53 (fastest this year) for MrsPete, who easily beat me on percentage terms. Despite being slow I still manage to beat firstborn son by a few seconds...

Anybody else? Melanie?
02 Jan 2014, 11:56
Our Sat 28th was cancelled because of ice, but about 60 of us braved the rain on New Year's morning to battle round the course. I managed it - my 30th ParkRun by the way - in under 30 mins - just.

This Saturday I'll not be at my home course. I'm still 2nd on the points table, but it seems unlikely that I'll be able to catch the girl in first place. But with a regular turn out I should be able to hang on to that 2nd spot. The anniversary is the start of March.

I MAY be able to do the Portrush run this Saturday - that's on the beach, which is stunning scenery, nice and flat, but has a horrid stretch of soft sand which eats into running pace.
Previous 1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 98 Next
1467 posts Page 40 of 98