The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

1467 posts Page 61 of 98
Previous 1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 98 Next
Re: Are there any runners here?
20 May 2014, 06:29
I'm a bit late, but congrats Olsen!!! That's an awesome time!

Congrats also to Nanou!
25 May 2014, 18:11
Had such a fun race today, not my best time, but the atmosphere at Mont St Michel was fabulous, lots of crowds cheering (especially for the women as there weren't a lot of us at my time). Wonderful weather, sunny, not too hot. I did it in duo with a friend who did the first 20kms, I did 22.2kms in 1h51 so not my best time (I should have done 3 mins faster), but I don't think I've ever enjoyed a race more and I was really fresh at the end. Quite a few of us from my running club ran either in duo or for the whole marathon and had a late lunch together after.
I love running with a club, it is great fun to share the experience of racing (and of course all the food and drink afterwards!).
25 May 2014, 18:59
I did it :lol: :victory: I ran in my first ever race 5k and did it in 39.14 which is not great but I thought I would be around 45min. Since I am now 68 can any of you tell me what the age handicap would be. :like:
25 May 2014, 19:20
55.33%, according to WMA age grading tables. Well done!
25 May 2014, 19:27
Well done @nessie 39.14 is the best I've done on my home roads and it feels very fast to me! You've inspired me to believe I'll still be able to do it in 5 or 6 years. :like:
25 May 2014, 20:20
@Nessie, well done......and bet you came no where near last!
25 May 2014, 22:44
Yay nessie! Great job for your first personal best!
26 May 2014, 00:03
Thankyou @CreakyPete @barbarita@wildmissus@ADFnFuel I wasn't last yae :like:
26 May 2014, 08:10
A great start to your race career at the impressive age of 38 @Nessie, well done! There is a 70 year old man who runs for my club (but he has been running for years) and he still manages to do a 10k in 52 minutes.
26 May 2014, 11:03
thank you@Franglaise I wish I had started years ago. I was a keen walker and it was only when both my walking companions had to stop walking for different reasons that I decided that rather than walk around the forests for hours on my own that I would try and get my exercise done in less time. When I started I never thought I would ever be able to run 1/2 a mile never mind 3miles I'm sure I will get the time down a bit. I do feel very lucky that I still have the health to run, long may it continue. :like:
26 May 2014, 12:58
Saturday's parkrun was damp but not unpleasant. I managed 24:19 on the current grassy course and MrsPete 30:03, good times for this venue if not PBs.
Also managed to keep my target in sight and was within 10 seconds by the end - he is very consistent so I expect to get him within the next couple of weeks by using my famed inconsistency!
Felt much more like a runner this week, maybe because I had a lazy week but maybe because I deliberately ate less but better...
26 May 2014, 20:06
Good job @creakypete. Don't get too far in front of me! :grin:
29 May 2014, 17:28
Well done Nessie, awesome.
I did another 10km race Sat, still improving, managed a 5.54 pace over a tough course.
This Sunday is the Comrades ultra, 90km with a 12 hour cutoff. Have quite a few friends from the club doing it. Maybe one day. :?:
29 May 2014, 18:24
Gratz to all of you! It's nice to hear about the races you are in :D
Previous 1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 98 Next
1467 posts Page 61 of 98