The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

349 posts Page 5 of 24
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24 Next
Re: Couch to 5k
31 Oct 2013, 13:06
Well after reading this thread I came over all inspired and have just done the first run of week 1. Must admit I almost gave up when she told me I had another 2 runs to do but I stuck at it. And you know what, I'll live. And on a fast day too

I plan to the the whole of week 1 next week, today was just a taster. I see a future of neon lycra :oops:

So thanks to everyone on this thread for the inspiration

Alf
31 Oct 2013, 13:34
It's worth it. I finished it about a month ago and still jog 4 times a week, it's gets addictive :wink: I'm no sprinter but enjoy it :shock: I don't always do the full 5k but something is better than nothing!
31 Oct 2013, 14:08
Ooh loving the updates guys. This morning (a fast day) a completed week 6 day 2. Just had a peek at Sundays session.......Mmmm 22 mins non stop. I did however find the 20 mins non stop easier than the 10, 10 this morning.
03 Nov 2013, 10:35
Getting there. Week 7 for me now. Funny how your state of mind can mess up your concentration. Joggers on left leg were riding up, socks were slipping down into my trainers and I forgot my drink. It was very hard today, 22 mins non stop, only just did it. Im not sure if helps me but doing it on a treadmill there are no slow ups or stopping at all.
03 Nov 2013, 21:50
I like the treadmill for that reason, no slowing up just keep plugging away! I managed an 8k jog on the treadmill yesterday, really glad I did the C25K. I still jog at least 4 times a week and the last couple of weeks have stretched the Saturday runs. I don't run fast but I keep going! :wink:
03 Nov 2013, 22:07
I am starting day 1of week 8 tomorrow. I jog on the Forestry roads so a bit hilly and recently muddy. I am really enjoying it and feel very proud of my achievements. :wink: :grin:
14 Nov 2013, 17:19
I've been poorly for just over a week so haven't run since 2nd November. Just wondering if anyone thinks I should drop back a week a rebuild or carry on. I have been active but not very.
14 Nov 2013, 17:42
Carrieoates, it may be better to drop back a week and work up again. If after the first run you feel you could have done more you could go back to where you left off. Tomorrow I finish day three of week 9 so I will be on to free runs next week :victory: you are so near the end it would be a shame to pull a muscle or sprain something. Hope it goes well. :clover:
14 Nov 2013, 17:48
I'm on week six day one. I recently had a break and just dropped back a few days. I think it's worth it if only for your confidence!
15 Nov 2013, 18:19
Ok guys I will drop back a week. Three weeks till my op now so might just make a 5 k before. But then again I might not.
25 Nov 2013, 22:39
I am a bit disappointed as haven't managed a 5k run yet. The best I did was 22mins non stop. But due to lovely upper respiratory tract infection I have missed my deadline. So will resume when I'm allowed to exercise again after Xmas. Good luck to all you runners.
26 Nov 2013, 23:42
Carieoates sorry about your disappointment but you are quite right you will be able to pick this up again when you are back to full health. although I have finished the 9weeks and am now running for 40 min I am still not doing 5k . I keep trying and it will be a glorious day when I get there. I wish you all the best for your op and just know you will achieve your goal with C25k.
22 Jan 2014, 18:42
Just bumping this for @sylvestra and anyone else interested :like:
"Are there any runners too"
22 Jan 2014, 19:11
I haven't read this whole thread, but can anyone tell me if there is a US version of this program? It does sound like something I might enjoy, now that I'm a FitBitter and all...
Thanks,
Wendy
22 Jan 2014, 19:15
Hiya @wendyjane I believe it is US based, just search for the free app and off you go. It's great because it syncs with my fitness pal which then in turn syncs to your fitbit. So all distance and cals burned are accounted for.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24 Next
349 posts Page 5 of 24