The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

306 posts Page 8 of 21
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 21 Next
Re: Starting the 30 Day Shred
07 Jun 2013, 13:13
Thanks for the info malteser- will have to check if the 4 sections are on youtube/vimeo
else don;t think I'll be able to get them.
Impressive shape up!
07 Jun 2013, 17:51
Nicky_94 wrote: BethP - where are you? Have you fallen off the shred wagon with the end of exams etc??

I did today! Haha, I finished my exams yesterday and went out and got very drunk so this morning the shred was simply not happening. Did go riding though, I was busy all day so didn't get a chance to shred, but I'm about to go out again. I'm sure there'll be a lot of dancing involved :)

Will be back on the shred wagon tomorrow and tack another day on the end, maybe.

Sounds like everyone's doing well! I'm going to do more of Jillian's workouts when I get back from holiday :)
07 Jun 2013, 18:57
I'm not sure i should read this thread! Just started this week on day 3 level 1, it sounds like it gets so tough. Not been brave enough to look at next levels yet.
Will have to take it one day at a time.....
07 Jun 2013, 19:44
Prawny, the beauty of this workout is that it's so short, as torturous as it gets it always ends before you really think you're going to die. Do stick with it and don't let our moaning put you off - as much as we complain we are really quite addicted! You will get results once you get past the "comedy walk" 3-4 days into Level 1 when your legs rebel against anything resembling stairs - I'm guessing you're about there right now? Once you start seeing those changes you will do anything to go even further. Trust me.

Am I right, shredders?

Hope your exams went well, Beth - I've been thinking of you! Enjoy the freedom from the stress, and get lots of dancing and drinking in (ah, those were the days!) and we'll see you back here when you've gotten it out of your system.

I have just realised that I have done 10 days of Level 2 - so I guess tonight I start Level 3 then? Oh yes, I am very afraid (but I will persevere!!).

Happy weekend all.
07 Jun 2013, 20:29
Stairs? I'm sleeping downstairs ; )

Thanks for your encouragement, always feels good once its done for the day!
07 Jun 2013, 20:44
I agree with mummybunny, basically when I start thinking about giving up I realise that I've done half of the workout or I only have to do the move for 30 seconds, so I keep going, and that's how I've got this far.
I also think I'm a bit addicted, and I have to say I feel generally much fitter than I did before starting, which surprised me because I have always done a lot of walking, cycling and swimming so I thought I was quite fit, but now I've realised that no I wasn't, and that the 30 day shred may be less than 30 mins a day but it is a real workout!
07 Jun 2013, 22:06
Well, I just did Day 1 of Level 3, and no joke, it is tough. But not unbearable. You end up building on a lot of what you did in Levels 1 and 2. I really can't recommend enough watching it before you start - I felt much more confident this time having watched it through than I did with Level 2, though I am still a dork and will always be :-) You can't really watch it and do it along, especially if you're going to attempt Natalie's versions, because the first time they do each set they focus on Anita. (Though by the end I was totally in the Anita camp, I did try some Natalie moves and was pleasantly surprised they didn't kill me.)

I took some measurements today and many were down about a centimetre, so that's some progress.

When they said "that which does not kill you makes you stronger" they must have had a Jillian Michaels workout in mind!
08 Jun 2013, 20:45
Something to keep in mind ( you all may find it blindingly obvious but it only occurred to me about halfway through Level 1): by the time you've completed only your second strength circuit you are officially halfway that whole workout. Hitting that point always cheers me up, and it doesn't take that long really to get there.
09 Jun 2013, 08:41
Confession time!

I have fallen off the shred wagon. But not because I want to! I danced so much on Friday night that today (Sunday) my feet are still swollen and blistered and my legs are in absolute agony.

Despite all of the alcohol I have not gained weight so hopefully I boogied myself to maintenance. I cannot face putting trainers on my poor feet at the moment and doing the shred in bare feet would be even worse for my legs, so I think this is the end of my journey!

I will be checking in on all of you, and I'm so glad everyone's doing well :) Level 3 is hard but I think I might repeat the Shred or start one of Jillian's other workouts when I'm back from holiday. It'd be great to have my workout buddies back :D

About to take my 'After' picture, I wonder if it'll look much different from my first one? Especially after two days without the shred...

Keep it up everyone! :)
09 Jun 2013, 09:50
2 more days to go...
Small one commented on how toned my back was and prodded my toned abs! And was quite gobsmacked watching me do the plank/press up exercises!
Wish it was Tuesday and it was all over!
Beth- enjoy your dancing and your celebrating and more especially, your holidays! Life is for living!
mummybunny, I have given up trying to keep up with the cardio in level 3 as rockstar jumps are just against the laws of physics! I get through most of it but occasionally do bum kicks for a wee bit and then try the moves that they are doing again.
PRAWNY! where are you? Hope you're still with us in spirit.
Nicki- it is a real workout! Can't say that I'm addicted though. I am finding the recovery time is quicker though so I must be getting fitter.
Oh well, not long to go now and then the big measure in!
:bugeyes:
09 Jun 2013, 20:07
I think I am going to start the Shred again. It has been the only thing I've kept up, and I saw really nice results.

Yep, just talked myself into it.
09 Jun 2013, 20:58
BethP - did you see a difference on the after pics??

Janeg - two more days?!That's amazing, well done for having done so much and as Jillian said in level one you don't give up when you get to the finish line, that's when you give it all you've got (or something to that effect lol)

Imcountingufoz -good decision, are you going back to level 1 or jumping in somewhere else?

Well, i did level 2 today and it was ok, I even did walking press ups properly, though that killed my arms for the rest of the workout! My only problem is that I can't remember which day I'm on :(
09 Jun 2013, 21:20
I just did level 1 again, but I used heavier weights. I also used my weights for the cardio the way she does in level 3. My forearms are killing me, in a good way. And I remembered how much I hate the side lunges with arm raises. But all in all, I had a great workout.

I definitely worship at the altar of Michaels.
10 Jun 2013, 08:16
imcountingufoz, welcome back! It's good to see you, and good to see someone who has come out the other side and gone back for more. Well done to everyone for keeping up with it - I've done every day faithfully myself. I do feel exhausted after finishing Level 3 in a way I hadn't after Levels 1 and 2. My back also aches in the morning - I think the Superman poses don't do me any good but I don't know how to modify them.

Turns out I started Level 3 a day "early" as I had miscounted the number of days I was doing Level 2 - don't know how that happened! I know there is no need to stick strictly with 10 days at each level but I still had intended to do 10 days at each level before moving up. Oh well, I guess it will do me good.

Still not lost any weight though - I have about 7 days left and really hope I see some scale movement by then.
10 Jun 2013, 08:46
mummybunny2005, I've lost very little but am sure that is because I'm damaging muscle and repairing it and building it up too. And i've moved to 4:3 in an attempt to jump start loss again. I think this will show tape measure reduction instead. I'm going to do a weigh and measure the day after the 30 days finish.
I think to modify superman you don't lift the chest and legs so high off the ground. I also do them much slower than the video as it really puffs me out!
The full sit ups could also be hurting you.
Nice one i'mcounting- good to have you back in the torture!
I'm absolutely wiped today- had a bad night's sleep and had to go out this morning - it was 47C and I really can't cope with the heat. Feeling a bit better now after eating and drinking but will leave the shred until late afternoon and see if I can face it. Only 2 to go and desperately want the damn thing finished!
I'll let you know what goes.
...and still wondering where Prawny is...
...can you move your arms Nicky?
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 21 Next
306 posts Page 8 of 21