The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

306 posts Page 5 of 21
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21 Next
Re: Starting the 30 Day Shred
29 May 2013, 08:00
Finished day 18- 2 more on level 2. Oh, how I wish it was a 21 day shred!
Effie- I find level 2 better as I have reasonably good upper body strength but the cardio is a killer. I can plank jack and the other one but have to do the low resistance because of breathing ...working on it though, and will probably just be getting it when it's level 3 time.
Keep it up folks and other rousing pep slogans ;)
29 May 2013, 08:22
Day 7 completed!

I ended up having a day off yesterday because I had an exam in the morning (how inconvenient, don't they know that's when I shred?) and I got my hair done and relaxed for the rest of the day! Was supposed to be fasting but that went out of the window as well, especially when I baked cookies (that's sort of when I knew it was all over). It was a glorious, lazy day and luckily I did not put on any weight despite my indulgence.

That said, I am back today fasting and shredding and feeling good :) Sounds like you've all been doing really well!

@Nicky_94
I am definitely seeing a difference! My arms are not that different which is a shame because I'm self-conscious about them, but maybe I just keep measuring them wrong :/ But my tummy and fitness in general are definitely heading in the right direction!

Also, I still do the shred every day even if I'm doing other sport. Had a horse riding lesson the day I started Level 2 and the teacher was freaked out by my shaky legs muscles! I was like 'don't worry about it, just means I worked them hard this morning!'

@Effie
Well done for getting back on the wagon! I have a feeling our new catchphrase should be 'What Would Jillian Do?'
Why, she'd scream at you and make you work 3x as hard, of course...
29 May 2013, 08:30
I love reading this thread, I was just thinking of maybe skipping a day of the shred as I'm going swimming later but now decided to just get it done this morning - thanks guys!
29 May 2013, 14:08
Out shopping today, I picked up a 30 day shred DVD for £5 in BHS. It will really help because our wi-if gets unreliable I'm the early evening.

One excuse down, Jillian would be pleased :lol:
29 May 2013, 22:07
Got through first day of Level 2 but I think I should have watched it first before getting stuck in - some of the moves are rather complicated for an uncoordinated dork like me. It didn't help that I was watching it on a tiny iPad screen. I may banish DH tomorrow from the TV room for half an hour so I can plug the iPad into the TV and watch it on a bigger screen.

But that said, I am having the reaction I sort of expected - "what's all the fuss about?" And I am certain by the beginning of Day 3 of Level 2 I will be saying "OHMIGOD I'M A GONNA DIE!!!!!" :grin:

Happy Shredding!!
31 May 2013, 10:36
So, after a pathetic Day 8 I really threw myself into Day 9...
THE PAIN

It's only been a couple of hours and my legs and arms are aching already! This does not bode well for the scales tomorrow but hopefully my Day 20 'During' picture will be better :P

Hope everyone else is getting on okay!
31 May 2013, 11:26
YAY day 20 done and bye bye level 2. As before, I won;t watch level 3 before I try it and I'm sure it'll scare me off.
Still feel as though I'm going to die during the cardio. Is anyone's cardio capacity improving?
Keep going peeps- 'mon Effie- have you started?
31 May 2013, 12:16
Hi guys, great to read there are fans of the 30 day shred, I've being doing the DVD on and off for a year, but never managed the 30 days in a row. I've also hardly ever done level 2 or 3 as I still can't even do a proper push up!!
31 May 2013, 14:25
Come on JoJo- join in!
You can do the knee push ups and modify a whole load of the exercises. I really struggle with the cardio and sometimes just march especially when I'm gargling with my heart! Bit if you keep going you feel such a sense of achievement and I can honestly say I'm getting so much stronger. Not aerobically, but muscle strong. And no, I'm not bulking up. Just getting leaner.
Bet you can do it....
31 May 2013, 14:35
Thanks for the vote of support janeg.

I have done a third day of Level 2. I find the cardio OK but my arms really struggle with any plank activity. I couldn't ever do a handstand, even when I was a very skinny kid, so it's no surprise. My upper arms are so much more toned and I do keep trying.

It makes me chuckle to think that I really look forward to all the abs sections as it is chance to lie down :razz:

Another drop on my waist measurement this week, I'm going to stick with this plan although I'm not sure how long I will stay on level 2 - I doubt I will ever be up to the plank tasks :neutral:

Go us :victory:
31 May 2013, 17:28
janeg wrote: YAY day 20 done and bye bye level 2. As before, I won;t watch level 3 before I try it and I'm sure it'll scare me off.
Still feel as though I'm going to die during the cardio. Is anyone's cardio capacity improving?
Keep going peeps- 'mon Effie- have you started?

Well done! Let us know how scary Level 3 is :D
I also die during cardio. I still can't do the jump rope jumps (not even the single ones) because my knee still twinges painfully and I really don't want to hurt it, so I just do skaters instead. But yeah, cardio is definitely the worst bit...

JoJoChall wrote: Hi guys, great to read there are fans of the 30 day shred, I've being doing the DVD on and off for a year, but never managed the 30 days in a row. I've also hardly ever done level 2 or 3 as I still can't even do a proper push up!!

Yeah, join us! :D And just keep trying with the push ups, I'm sure you'll get there, it just takes a lot of practice.

Effie wrote: It makes me chuckle to think that I really look forward to all the abs sections as it is chance to lie down :razz:

Another drop on my waist measurement this week, I'm going to stick with this plan although I'm not sure how long I will stay on level 2 - I doubt I will ever be up to the plank tasks :neutral:

Go us :victory:

Amen, Effie :P I like the ab sections because my tummy is my problem area, so I get to lie down and work on the bit that needs it the most... it's a good combination haha!

As with the push ups, I'm getting better every time with the plank things. So much of it is mental effort for me, if I tell myself I can/will do it then it just gets done. If I'm in a positive mood then the workout goes really quickly :)
01 Jun 2013, 08:00
Sorry for the double post but thought I'd update! Did Day 10 Level 2 today, so final day, and weighed/measured/took a picture. Have lost an inch off my abdomen and 1/2in off my arms so very happy about that. Also was 9st 4lbs on the scales today meaning I've achieved my first goal of 1/2 a stone lost! :victory:

I know that starting Level 3 tomorrow will probably make me gain a little weight back but I'm hoping I'll be able to shed it and a couple of pounds more after the 10 Days are up.

Overall a good day! Hope everyone else is getting on well :)
01 Jun 2013, 08:11
:like: Great news Beth, you have given me hope as I just weighed in and have gained 300g :cry:

That said I lost a centimetre from my waist, for some reason I didn't bother to measure anywhere else before starting but I think I look slimmer. Today is my day 10 on level 1 and tomorrow I'm moving on (thank GOD, I've had enough of level 1) so I might take some belated pics and measurements!
01 Jun 2013, 08:25
Nicky_94 wrote: Today is my day 10 on level 1 and tomorrow I'm moving on (thank GOD, I've had enough of level 1) so I might take some belated pics and measurements!

I'll hold you to that one, Nicky! Just done day 4 of Level 2 and I pine for Level 1.

BethP wrote: So much of it is mental effort for me, if I tell myself I can/will do it then it just gets done. If I'm in a positive mood then the workout goes really quickly :)

I tried that attitude on the planks, Beth - afraid to say, when it comes to mind over spindly arms, spindly arms win! I say spindly, that is spindly under flabby of course :wink: the work outs do go faster as I get used to them, though.

Any new shredders out there want to give us an update?
01 Jun 2013, 09:17
Nicky_94 wrote: :like: Great news Beth, you have given me hope as I just weighed in and have gained 300g :cry:

That said I lost a centimetre from my waist, for some reason I didn't bother to measure anywhere else before starting but I think I look slimmer. Today is my day 10 on level 1 and tomorrow I'm moving on (thank GOD, I've had enough of level 1) so I might take some belated pics and measurements!

I think I look slimmer too! I think that's the best way, to feel and look instead of to judge everything by the scales. I'm considering not weighing in until the next 10 days are up, but we'll see!

Just wish my arms would show a bit more of a difference! They still look flabby.

Effie wrote: I tried that attitude on the planks, Beth - afraid to say, when it comes to mind over spindly arms, spindly arms win! I say spindly, that is spindly under flabby of course :wink: the work outs do go faster as I get used to them, though.

Haha I know what you mean! Sometimes I do just give way and fall on my face but that's usually when I stop concentrating. Short attention span!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21 Next
306 posts Page 5 of 21