The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

306 posts Page 7 of 21
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21 Next
Re: Starting the 30 Day Shred
04 Jun 2013, 20:44
Level 3 isn't way off Level 2, it just requires a lot more endurance and strength for some reason! I believe it is the abs creator (well I bloody well hope so).
05 Jun 2013, 18:31
I nearly quit the shred :-o

I hate level 2, I can't do it. Monday should have been day 6, or 7, who knows, I just hate it ....... and I had to have my vaccinations for my holiday after work so, I set the alarm for 5:30, and stayed in bed. I got home from work with an hour to spare, so I watched TV. I got back from getting my jab, ate cabbage noodles (fast day), felt sorry for myself and went to bed :shock:

Tuesday - alarm set for 5:30. Did I shred, did I thump!

Back from work, TV, pint of tea, three handfuls of Lucky Stars and browse the internet for a cake recipe (It's that one with kitkats round the outside and pigs swimming in chocolate ganache in the middle. Can you tell things are not going well? )

I had nearly given up on the whole idea but then a little voice in my head said "What would Jillian say?" Something critical and abusive, probably, but still, I gave it a go..... once I'd tidied up really well. Half an hour of procrastination later, with a tidy house as a bonus, I made myself shred.

So pleased I did :victory: Instead of collapsing on the planks, I moved my arms further forward, level with my head. I feel I can support myself that way, then concentrate on the actual exercise my legs are supposed to be doing. This doesn't sound like she describes, under the shoulders, but its what I can do for now.

So, if you are ahead of me - you have my utmost respect. If you are behind me - you can do it, honest (but you can still hate it)

:grin:
05 Jun 2013, 19:43
LOL Effie, I also gave myself a day off yesterday and very nearly didn't shred today, but then I got a grip and just did it, and it wasn't THAT bad (though I have to do the easy versions of anything plank related.)
I'm finding that the hardest part at the moment is trying to work out what on earth I am supposed to be doing, and also trying to do it in my living room, unfortunately Parisian flats are not made for plank jacks!
05 Jun 2013, 20:09
I am on day 3 of level 2 and its ok, but due to the extra weight I carry my knees are requiring modifications (cheats). I do standing up push ups, which don't involve my knees and depending how far your feet are from the wall are harder than you might think.

I also use side of my bed for all the plank related exercises so I am not lying on the floor to do them - kinder on my knees and still hard work. The thing I cannot (or will not) do is blood skipping, I dance around my bedroom at that point.

But, despite the modifications, my before and mid way (nearly) photo differences are actually pretty striking.

I also do it Monday to Friday and have the weekend off - I do other exercise at the weekend to be honest.
05 Jun 2013, 20:13
I have done this, it is a good exercise workout, I didn't do the full 30 days, as I mix workouts up abit. It did make feel more toned and inches was lost, changes your body for the better. :grin:
05 Jun 2013, 20:36
I feel for both of you! Level 3 is really tough and I feel very uncoordinated at the moment (and worry about waking my housemates up with all the jumping around... the whole living room wobbles!) but I am trying to push through. I've already had my one day off for this level so I have no more excuses!

Just hoping it will get easier. But stick at it everyone, it's only 30 days after all :)
05 Jun 2013, 22:10
I'm still in, finished Day 8 of Level 2 this evening. I wish Jillian was a little better at explaining what to do, because for many of the moves you can't watch it and do it at the same time - your head is usually down and has to stay down. So I THINK I'm doing the planks right, but can't be sure. Am I the only one who finds this?

Otherwise I am finding I am getting a decent workout - I didn't really get with Level 2 any of the muscle pain I did after a couple of days of Level 1, but I sure am sweating a lot more! Still haven't lost any weight though, and put some on this week too :-(

Well done to all you girls who have gotten back on the wagon after a couple of days' rest. It would have been so easy to stop for good and you've shown guts in getting back into it. I know my motivation is starting to flag and I hope I have your courage to keep going.

And welcome to all our new shredders too! Keep us posted on your results.
06 Jun 2013, 08:37
mummybunny2005 wrote: I wish Jillian was a little better at explaining what to do, because for many of the moves you can't watch it and do it at the same time - your head is usually down and has to stay down. So I THINK I'm doing the planks right, but can't be sure. Am I the only one who finds this?.

I know just what you mean. Even a different camera angle would help, so I know what it looks like from the side. Maybe if it really hurts and you want to die, you are doing it right :wink:

Still, whatever exercise it is, it's more than I ever did before! I 'weigh in' on Friday morning, but I also sneak on the scales through the week. There is a 5 lb difference between the highest and the lowest so I'm trying not to stress about it. I know I have improved my activity level and body shape so I'll be happy with that for now.
06 Jun 2013, 08:48
Well done everyone for working through the pain and keeping going.
I'm sitting here in a state of biological hazardness just having finished day 5 of level 3. I had my one day off yesterday as it was just going to be hard to fit it in.
Initially today was going to be a fast day too (day 3 of the week) but as we have some rather lovely food to finish off I'll fast tomorrow and still have my 3 days fasts. Love the flexibility. Just wish I could say the same about the shred thing. It's still really tough. My knees and toes are a bit sore- think it's the jumping and pressure/impact from the plank jacks and mountain climbers. Those standing jumps with you feet going to the back in the last cardio circuit really do me in.
I suppose that my recovery time is getting shorter although I still have a face like a well skelpt behind ( well smacked bottom) and am most definitely glowing buckets when I'm done. I don;t think Anita and Natalie are actually putting enough into it as they still look cool and calm. "Work it you bad asses!" Well, that's what I would shout if I was leading the workout.
Maybe it's making a difference.
Effie, if it is hurting and tyou want to die it must be doing good, as long as the hurting stops when you're done- don't want you to injure yourself.
I'm wondering about twhat to do when I'm finished and come back from my holidays. Don;t think I could face doing the 30 days again... :(
06 Jun 2013, 09:08
Janeg, her yoga meltdown workout is great, it's slightly longer (35 mins instead of 20) but it's not quite as relentless as the shred.
06 Jun 2013, 09:15
Hmm, not really a yoga person and do like the shortness of the shred. I'll be staring full time work in late August and want to instil good habits (ie getting off my fat a**e ) and doing some structured exercise maybe before work so that extra time could be the difference between doing it and not! Thanks for the recommendation though.
06 Jun 2013, 21:54
Thanks for worrying, Janeg, I am actually doing OK with the workout and have no pain at all after the cool down which I love.

I do like Yoga so I might have a look at that one, but I'm guessing after my holiday I will need to shred more than ever before!!
07 Jun 2013, 08:53
On the home straight now! Only 4 more to do.
And I've been reading a bit and Jillian says (hark at me as though she's a friend!) that you should have one day off a week. D'oh! Although I've been doing that anyway.
Anyone done the kickboxing or ripped one that she has? They are both of the short time variety (ie under half an hour which fit's my attention span and stamina) . Know I will need to get right back into it after my holibags (so excited)
07 Jun 2013, 11:51
Hi Janeg, I am doing ripped in 30 at the moment, it has 4 workouts for 4 weeks , 30 mins each so same concept as 30 day shred. I have been doing it for almost 4 weeks now, however I decided to domlevel 3 for 2 weeks duration because of TOTM had to miss a few workouts. Was doing the 30 day shred before for a long time so decided to have a change and give this a go, I only took waist measurement before I started and I can see a big difference, lost about 6 cm so far, next measurement tomorrow. You can find week 1 on daily motion to see what it's like.
07 Jun 2013, 12:05
Day three of level 2 and it's actually OK, but I sweat like I never did on level one. I quite fancy the yoga one afterwards, I might do that after but not every day I think, I like the speed of the 30 day shred.

BethP - where are you? Have you fallen off the shred wagon with the end of exams etc??
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21 Next
306 posts Page 7 of 21