The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

777 posts Page 38 of 52
Previous 1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 52 Next
Re: Walking tent
09 Nov 2014, 15:24
Walked to our train station, about a mile and a half, where a steam train was in filling up with water from a fire appliance. There were hundreds of folks to see it pass through, lots of families as well as enthusiasts, included my son and his family. We managed to meet up before the train left then walked back to their house where OH arrived to waft me away for coffee.
Couldn't resist a sneak look through the windows of a bungalow that's empty and for sale just up from them. Very small kitchen and two thirds done up, radiators leaning unattached against the walls! Hmmm wonder how high the price is?
Lovely bright day, wonderful :0)
16 Nov 2014, 12:56
@Azureblue I'm a bit soft on steam trains, the plan is to go one the day trips http://www.railwaytouring.net/uk-day-trips/lindum-fayre it's on my bucket list
Has anyone managed a walk today? I'm working at home but plan a 30 minute sprint mid afternoon along the parkland walk to keep my energy levels up.
16 Nov 2014, 13:58
We're often to be found among the old steam vehicles!
Walked along a rather muddy canal side today, had to turn back after a half mile as it became continous quagmire. Very damp cold with mist after initial thick fog eased away.
Saw 4 rats swimming in a river, one a youngster, where we have watched otters last year. There has been much work done to strengthen the river banks this summer so perhaps their home had been disturbed.

My weight increased to 73.2kgs now, trying to be realistic with my eating and recording it, though a few strawberries and double cream has just made a rather delightful lunch :0)
22 Nov 2014, 15:04
It is so grey and wet today it feels like night time. I'm off to walk up the hill and down the hill for the weekly groceries. When I return I'm planning a BIG walk for tomorrow.
23 Nov 2014, 10:37
:rain: :umbrella: :rain: :cat: :cloudy: :thunder: :coffee:
Grandsons on a dark wet yesterday so no walk but much exercise!
Today is wet wet wet ... Hmmm, must get some perambulation air somehow ...
23 Nov 2014, 11:55
Yes. wet, wet, wet here - I live on a hill and there is a river streaming down the pavement. Everyone has cried off walking today though I am hoping for a brisk one should the rain stop. Meanwhile I'm planning what to cook at Xmas ...... yummy!
23 Nov 2014, 16:55
We decided to go out at noon, drove to a nearby town and shopped around a bit. As we walked back next to the swollen racing river up popped an otter! A crowd quickly gathered and we all followed her along here and thereing for over a mile and longer than an hour, until it was too dark to see her travelling on. At one point I was next to the water looking for her and she popped up at my feet and called to me! Unbelievable! As we drove home the sunset was superb, best in months, so I'm hoping that 'red sky at night means shepherds delight' bodes a sunny day tomorrow.
What a joy it's been today after all, and otter girl ensured I had a proper walk too!
image.jpg
image.jpg (36.22 KiB) Viewed 328 times
26 Nov 2014, 20:43
Great pic @Azurblue. I haven't been on the forum for a few days and now I see posts in the walking tent from you intrepid rainy British walkers. Well done. Walking in winter what with rain and short daylight hours it can be very challenging. Me, I have no excuse. The weather is blue and sunny. The days are long. I found not one, but two pedometers. So now I have a spare one. However I have had the biggest struggle with myself to get out walking. On Tuesday I had a friend stay over night and so we went out for a half hour walk after breakfast and it was so lovely. Why don't I just do this every day, said me to myself. So since then I have - well it's only 2 days so far. Both days I have achieved my 10, 000 steps, although yesterday I had to walk around the kitchen about 10 times to get there. So today, no yoga, as I explained on a previous thread, because of the Stop Work meeting at 9am. I'm up, coffee'd and about to head off for my half hour walk. I decided to do the same walk as I did on Tuesday, up the Forth Road and then off on a side road and up to the top of the hill from where I can see my house on the other side of the valley, and lovely views of green and brown patchwork paddocks and the Bass Strait, twinkling in the sunshine.
26 Nov 2014, 22:19
Well done @Sallyo, I find a half hour walk first thing remarkably invigorating, I feel good all day. The trick is To Do It! So easy to get distracted by housey things and lose the moment.
Get up. Get out. Walk 30-45 minutes. Feel great :0)
P.S. Send us some sunshine please, it didn't get light today, just grey damp fog and drizzle all day and cold!
26 Nov 2014, 23:13
yes, that is the trick TO DO IT!
27 Nov 2014, 08:48
I'm going TO DO IT this weekend. Praying for sunshine!
27 Nov 2014, 11:53
Yes! Another day done! Got to 10,000 for the 3rd day in a row. I also found my other lost walking companion: head phones. They were lost in my jeans pocket which I got out to wear this morning. Absolutely no more excuses. How's your walking going,@Maggiee?
27 Nov 2014, 19:00
Can I join you in this tent please? I don't walk far because I get sciatic pain but I walk my dog most days, sometimes when the weather is damp she won't take a step past the front gate so we stay at home.
I live in a rural area and it's great to walk around the empty fields but when the fields are being used for crops or rarely, animals, then I have to walk along the narrow roads - a bit dangerous sometimes with the holiday traffic.
I might occasionally get carried away describing the scenery or clouds, or the weather or wild flowers (I live in a magical dream world when I'm walking), I hope that's OK.
27 Nov 2014, 19:22
Hi @Sallyo - I wish I could say I was walking again but not so I am afraid. I have no inspiration, and no motivation to either hit the footpath around here or even jump in the car and take myself to a walking track along the Dandenong creek near by.

Up in North Queensland I did walk along the Ross River with a friend which I enjoyed and it was so picturesque but since I have got back, I just don't feel like going alone. Music and some such just doesn't do it for me!

Last night I was catching up on some posts and I read about the compliments you have been getting, you skinny thing you! Well done Sally all your hard work is now paying off.

I am also have a bit of trouble with Fasting again since our return from holidays, I am finding restricting some foods is the only way at the moment - no bread and no sugar is the way to go for me at the moment. I am still doing 16/8 which has always worked for me, I will just see how I go.

take care,
cheers Maggie :smile:
28 Nov 2014, 00:33
Yes, I know it is very hard to get motivated to walk when you aren't! I have really been struggling and it's great to feel that at least this week, I have cracked it. I'm not actually 'skinny'! It was a nice compliment but my weight stays the same week after week. Sorry to hear that coming home from FNQ has not been easy re fasting or walking. Keep coming back though. One day you might be able to jump back into it.
Previous 1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 52 Next
777 posts Page 38 of 52