The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

899 posts Page 38 of 60
Previous 1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 60 Next
Re: fasting and CFS
05 Mar 2015, 19:23
I thought it seemed far too soon but somebody told me so convincingly and i wanted to believe them!
Aah well the three weeks will fly past and then longer evenings woohoo! X
05 Mar 2015, 21:26
Yep, fraid so Candy. End of March. Don't worry, though. It'll be here before you know it.
Hope you guys have a good night's sleep and wake refreshed and ready for another day. Thats my plan anyway.
05 Mar 2015, 21:53
Well@nursebean i' m now Miss Unpopular coz everyones scowling at me coz i raised their hopes only to shatter them again! Doh! X
05 Mar 2015, 22:09
No worries, you just kept us all on our toes, thats all! Its still Spring-like out there, that much is still true :wink:
14 Mar 2015, 11:52
Hi @nursebean,@CandiceMarie, and all our fast friends, how are you?? I have had another busy week. Had the chance to meet an old friend for lunch, so I've been a bit knackered for a few days. She used to be my director in the Sweet Adeline's, lovely lady who has developed some serious health problems and is trying to lose weight. Of course I told her all about 5:2 and my grain free experiment. :-) oh, Candy I keep forgetting, no I don't think there are any videos of me performing, don't think you tube existed back then. :-) it's been twenty years, sadly.
Today is fast day for us, how about you? So far my grain free addition to 5:2 is working quite well. Down to 127.6 lbs this morning!!! Got to remember to take some measurements to see how many inches gone. Do you measure yourselves regularly? It's a good way to check your progress when the scales are budging because sometimes the inches go, even when the scales don't drop.
How are you feeling? I swear I think I have a bit more energy( if I don't drive for sixty miles, spend a couple hours chatting, then go to food shopping. ;-) ) don't want to say that too loudly because as we all know, it can go away in an instant.
Well, hubby just got up, time to make the coffee. Sending wishes for a wonderful day. Love Phyl
14 Mar 2015, 13:53
Oh Phyl! So pleased@MountainMyst youre feeling a tiny bit better ! (i just whispered it) We re grateful for even the smallest chink of return of energy arent we x hope you can build on it,its very elusive isnt it.

I saw an old friend yesterday too and very much feeling the after effects today
I' m fasting too today,think Bean is also..nice to be in sync

Well done on w/ loss..i' m getting weighed tomorrow for the first time in a few weeks,hoping for some Mothers Day good news! One pair of trousers have become so loose in the leg that theyre unwearable..i might try and shrink them in the wash coz only bought them at christmas!
Enjoy the weekend Phyl,love to you Dd and hub xx
14 Mar 2015, 14:11
Hi @CandiceMarie, happy Mothers Day! Fingers crossed for the weigh in! Baggy trousers!! Isn't that wonderful?!! Hope you will have a great day with your daughter tomorrow, be sure and brag to us on how well you did. Happy fasting. Love, Phyl
14 Mar 2015, 15:51
Thanks MM@MountainMyst! Is it moms day in US? Or on another date?
Its also SIL's birthday so LOTS cake and choccy on the horizon if i can just get thru this darned fastday! X
14 Mar 2015, 22:01
What a successful and social,pair you two are! What with meeting old friends and baggy trousers. It sounds as though you're having a good week (more or less)!,
Candy, I've bean a bit naughty and haven't fasted today (will start again on Monday). It's my TOTM next week (doesn't time fly) and I always get more hungry before and find myself overeating. Why is food so tempting?! And so delish...and fattening? :(
14 Mar 2015, 22:15
You can be forgiven @nursebean after all the DODo- ing youve done x x
Monday and a brand new week will do the trick x not fasting occasionally can be productive anyways as it fools the system into thinking there isnt a famine after all! :like: so its all good in the forum ' Hood! X
14 Mar 2015, 22:30
Oh thanks for the reassurance Candy. In actual fact, I miss ADF already and think I'll start it again on Monday. I like the routine and that its a different day every other week (if that makes sense?)
;)
15 Mar 2015, 07:38
I understand the different day thing Bean
Now ive changed from the permanent Mon/ thurs fasting routine, i ' m finding it easier
Can get in a rut with same old same old and then get so bored,we chuck it all away coz its so tedious! X
15 Mar 2015, 11:38
Hi@CandiceMarie, @nursebean, how are you today? Candy, hope you are well into the goodies by this time, and having a grand Mothers Day! Mother's Day here is on May 10th. Hope your fast day went well, and your weigh in!
Beany, I think it's actually good to skip a fast day sometimes! The idea is not to torture yourself, like Candy said, and I see your point about different days too. That TOTM thing can sure affect how you feel. Do you find increased symptoms, my D.D. Always feels worse. Not a problem I have anymore being an old lady. :-)
Wishing you a great day and a successful and happy week. Love, Phyl
15 Mar 2015, 22:59
Hello again! Buddies!
Well, Sunday is nearly over and too many chocolates eaten. I'm actually looking forward to fasting tomorrow. I definitely need it.
I had a terrible morning; felt dreadful and had to go to bed where I slept soundly for an hour. Had a better afternoon but I do think that eating sweet things is not such a good idea...doh!
Awww May 10th is my baby Mins' birthday. She'll turn 8 when you guys celebrate Mother's Day ;)
Hope you two are doing well.
Speaky soon
Bean xx
16 Mar 2015, 00:42
Hope you sleep well Beano and wake to a great week
Sweet stuff and alcohol really are poison to our systems :0(
Pity they taste so good!
Well i could never really look firward to a fast but these days i know my tum is begging for one after i've overindulged!
Thanks for yr good wishes Phyl x i' m happy to say ive lost one and a half stone so far this year.
Better off than on without a doubt! X
Previous 1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 60 Next
899 posts Page 38 of 60