The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

899 posts Page 41 of 60
Previous 1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 60 Next
Re: fasting and CFS
28 Mar 2015, 18:43
Big hugs to you MM@mountainmyst and Deidre..i wish i had a magic wand.xx
I' m doing B2B Sat/ Sun...felt amazing after the last one...felt soooo slim..
' course i looked exceptionally tubby when i looked in the mirror :lol: but as long as i didnt do that i felt as slim as i was as a teen! X happydays x
28 Mar 2015, 21:42
Don't forget those loose trousers Candy...oh and the fact that you've lost over 1 1/2 stone...don't forget that!! xx
30 Mar 2015, 15:18
Taken a turn for the worse at the moment. How are you two doing? xx
30 Mar 2015, 19:12
So sorry Bean x x
Ive had a good day,a bit achy,a bit tired, but was out and about for an hour or so this avvo
Hope tomorrow will be better Beany x gentle squidgy hugs xx
30 Mar 2015, 20:39
Thanks for the squidgy hugs. They definitely help!
It's so frustrating this illness isn't it. You dare to hope you're getting better and you just keep getting battered down . Sigh
30 Mar 2015, 22:50
It sucks doesnt it Beano x x x x :confused:
31 Mar 2015, 07:11
It's pure pantaloons!
How are you two today? Good I hope xx
31 Mar 2015, 11:27
Hello my fast friends. @nursebean, I'm sorry I wasn't a very good fasting buddy on Sat. Never made it back online that day. Really sorry you are crashing right now. Dragging a bit around here too.
@CandiceMarie, back to back fasts!! Impressive! Sorry you aren't feeling well either. Maybe we all have spring fever?? Keep feeling slim my friend. As Beany said, remember the baggy trousers and the big loss.
I have been dragging for days. Don't know if it is a flare up, or if I'm dealing with too much blood pressure medication. My dosage was decreased last week because of symptoms of low blood pressure,(weakness, fatigue, rapid heart rate and B/P dropping to 80/60) but I'm still feeling the same way, so I don't know if I need to stop one med. or if I'm having a flare. Ah well, I'll give it a couple more days then check in with the doc and see what she thinks.
Deidre is doing a bit better, I think. Had a little better day yesterday.
Sending you both gentle hugs and hopes for better days soon!! Love, Phyl
31 Mar 2015, 11:45
@MountainMyst, depending on the blood pressure medication it can take up to a month to clear the system so it could just be too soon to feel the benefits of the reduction...
31 Mar 2015, 12:09
Hi@carorees, thanks . I'm currently on LisinopriL and HCTZ. The Lisinopril was just decreased by half. With the M.E. I never know what's going on. :-) I'm just happy to finally be decreasing the meds after 20plus years. I was getting really jealous of the folks that have immediate decreases in meds after losing. :-) thanks again for the reminder that patience is a good thing. ;-) You are so kind to share you knowledge and expertise with us, it is much appreciated!! Phyl
31 Mar 2015, 13:16
Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can, always in a woman, never in a man! (I may have changed the lyrics to suit ;) )
Feeling a bit better today so I am hoping that you two aren't so bad too. Glad to hear that Deidre is picking up a bit too. I guess we just need to know our limitations don't we :frown:
Not feeling quite as slim today, but then I guess I have just eaten lunch (and added a few marshmallows afterwards...doh!)
I've just bought the girls some little fish skin treats so I hope they're going to enjoy them. They can't go out today because it is SO windy...and Mins absolutely HATES the wind. Image
31 Mar 2015, 16:51
Hi Beany@nursebean, glad you are feeling a bit better!! And please don't beat yourself up over a few marshmallow, a little treat is a good thing. Poor Min, I can sure understand her not liking wind and rain, our Maisie hates it too(and I'm not too keen myself. ;-) )
Deidre and I are both doing a bit better today. Now we just have to keep our energy expenditure in check, so hard to do after a few days of not being able to do anything.
I'm sure the kitties will enjoy their snacks, I know mine would probably love them. Remember me telling you about the two kittens that took up residence under my garden shed? Well, they are finally getting more friendly, and they have been joined by another little guy. Then there are the others that just drop by for a snack(I mean, who doesn't like to dine out once in a while?) I think I'm in danger of turning into a crazy cat lady. :-)
That's all my adventures so far today. Hope the rest of your day goes well. Hug, phyl
01 Apr 2015, 09:27
Hi Phyl @mountainmyst thanks so much for feeding those cats
I hate to think of any animal going hungry
Ziggy Cat is really naughty..he's going round the house stripping all the mastic from round every window
He seems obsessed by it
One of my dreams Phyl is to come off my BP meds one day..I HATE taking them,but havent had a consistent downward trend in my weightloss ..my own fault of course! Sorry youre dragging (((((xx))))))
Hi Nursy @nursebean glad you ( and Deidre) are a little better
This wind is a bit scary isnt it! Xx
Off to reply to some emails now..Image
01 Apr 2015, 11:55
"dragging" is such an apt description. You literally have to drag yourself everywhere don't you. I'm just having a chilling day today because I feel pretty "meh" today.
How wonderful that you've given shelter to those little puddies. Sounds as though they're beginning to feel settled!
Candy? I thought you had good weight loss. Have you bean naughty somewhere along the lines?! :shock:
As for marshmallows, I've decided to give them up (once I've finished my pack ) and make sure I've got some boiled eggs in the fridge at all times so that I can munch on them when I fancy a snack. Who knows how long that will last!!
Hope you're both diddling ok ;) xx
01 Apr 2015, 13:47
Hi@CandiceMarie, @nursebean, dragging is an apt description. I'm dragging again today. I was naughty night before last an skipped my evening dose of medication. Felt better yesterday, monitored my blood pressure throughout the day. Took the med last night, feel yucky today, blood pressure 100/60 this morning. Doesn't feel good. Will keep monitoring and see what happens.
candy, I think you are doing well. Please don't beat yourself up because you aren't losing more quickly, the point is you are losing. Many of our medications make weight lose harder. Some things like blood pressure meds, anti inflammatory meds, diabetes meds, antidepressants, and many others fight our ability to lose. So I think with out limited ability to exercise, and meds , we should be proud of every ounce gone!! And be proud that we are doing good things for ourselves. We are tough, determined folks , patience will get us where we want to be.
Ah Beany, so marshmallow are your kriptonite??:-) the eggs sound like a good idea, good luck. Sorry for the meh day. :-( glad you are resting and taking care of yourself.
One of the joys of living in a rural area is folks let their animals wander. It's hard sometimes to tell who has a home and who doesn't. But since out kitties have been here consistently for a while, I assume they are now mine. :-) the little black one is called Inky, the long lanky silvery tabby is Ichabod, and the little solid gray is called Kilmouskie. That is in addition to out inside kitties Calliope( our naughty kitty) and Tiberius. I'm trying to get them won over soon, because when we move, I have to take them with us. Couldn't bear to leave them here . I think we all hate to think of hungry animals, and people.
Well, I'm off to try and accomplish something today, SLOWLY. :-) wishing you all a wonderful day. (Sorry for the long post) love, Phyl
Previous 1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 60 Next
899 posts Page 41 of 60