The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

899 posts Page 42 of 60
Previous 1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 60 Next
Re: fasting and CFS
06 Apr 2015, 14:02
Hu@nursebean,@CandiceMarie, how y'all doing today? Hope you had a good Easter weekend. Doing ok here. Just wanted to check in and send you a hug. Phyl
06 Apr 2015, 15:40
Hi @mountainmyst and Happy Easter! Ive eaten far too much but have enjoyed it all x
Poor Bean is very unwell these last few days :(
Ive felt much better over the last four days but not so good today..i upped my LDN to 4 mls yesterday so that may be why..each little increase seems to take time for the body to accept
Thinking of you Phyl as its misty here today tho not mountainy! :lol: x
Hope youre having a great day and a goid week ahead xx
06 Apr 2015, 16:59
Hello my little chickadees. Thanks for the hugs. I've bean proper poorly the last few days. Today I've felt a bit better so hopefully tomorrow will be even better. Candy? I think your medication is really working now, don't you? What's your max dose again?
Hope you've had a great Easter
Hugs Bean xxxx
06 Apr 2015, 19:31
Just gone up from 3.75 to 4 ml Beano @nursebeanand feel pretty awful..how can a quarter of a ml make such a difference? But yes overall, i think once i' ve tried 4 mls and progressed to 4.5 mls..i' ll find the best dose for me and stick with it and hopefully feel better longterm! Time will tell! Just started fifth month of my six month trial..
Oh my golly its so misty here..cant see the cathedral at all..spooky ..and the street lights look very odd shining thru the gloom..feel like i am in Dickensian London! Warrrghhh! X
07 Apr 2015, 08:15
Not long to go until you're on the full dose then Candy@Candicemarie. It definitely sounds as though its beginning to help though. I may be tempted to try it myself!
We've got a lovely bright morning here...long may it last! Its shining a light on the first day of the Bean Challenge. I do hope peeps find it manageable! Only time will tell
Hugs to you
Bean xxxx
07 Apr 2015, 13:28
Hi@CandiceMarie, @nursebean, so sorry everyone is feeling yucky!! It's damp and rainy here today, but warmer. Pretty much normal for this time of year.
With the way this illness fluctuates it is really hard to tell what is helping isn't it? But, Candy I think it does sound like your experiment is going to pay off(once you get past the icky days post dosage increases) I am thrilled for you! Beany, you might want to think about giving it a try. Only one way to find out if it helps.
I'm still dealing with the blood pressure droops, but am really happy that there is a chance I can get off some medications. :-)
Fasting today, thinking about a big salad as the farm market nearby have great big beautiful heads of lettuce now. Beany, good luck with your challenge! I know you can do it, your a stong lady!
07 Apr 2015, 13:30
Well, somehow I managed to post my note by trying to back up and spell strong properly. :-) good thing no ones life depends on me being computer savvy. :-)
Sending you both a big hug and wishes for a better day. Phyl
07 Apr 2015, 13:33
HHugs back Phyl from a peckish fasting CandyCane
Rollllll on dindins time hehe! Just had my first cuppa at 2.30, it tasted like nectar of the gods! X
08 Apr 2015, 12:46
Nectar of the gods, eh? Was that tea in your new cup by any chance? :?:
Hugs to you both. Hope today is a good one. At least the sun is shining and it feels like real Spring today. The girls even managed to go for their walk without their coats. Two happy little heads!!
xx
09 Apr 2015, 12:27
Hi, how is everyone today? Could not seem to get here yesterday, the Internet was SLOW.
@CandiceMarie, nectar of the gods, sounds like a great discription. I have learned to love my cuppa tea. Hardly ever drink coffee any more. Now if I could just learn to love it without milk and sugar. :-) hope you LDN adjustment blahs are improving.
@nursebean, glad you are enjoying some springy weather. Are you feeling better?
I'm still dealing with the blood pressure blahs. But, I do think my new eating in addition to the fasting are helping with many of my physical problems. I saw an article on Facebook by a doctor that I addition to intermittent fasting was doing a very low carb diet, and doing much better. Not ready to go that low yet, maybe a brief experiment later on. One big change at a time. :-)
Deidre is doing a bit better. She is continuing her fasting and has just gotten through the monthly weight loss stall out. She is really looking forward to summer time fruits and veggies.
Sending love and hugs, and wishing for great fast days. Phyl
11 Apr 2015, 08:07
Good morning buddies! Its Saturday...and I'm fasting! :cry: Its all for a good cause, though :wink:
Yesterday I managed to take the girls for a wonderful walk around Crondall Golf Course. I probably went a bit further than I should have because my calf muscles feel so weird today! Anyway, it was such a lovely afternoon and it did wonders for my soul, that's for sure. Not sure about my body though :confused:
Hope you two have a wonderful weekend.
Sending Bean hugs to you both xx
11 Apr 2015, 08:36
Hi there girls x
Lovely to hear Deidre's doing a bit better @mountainmyst..hope she can build on that x
11 Apr 2015, 11:33
Hi beany@nursebean, you walk sounds lovely!! Hope the girls enjoyed it too and that you don't pay too big a price for your exertion. Sometimes you just have to do something that feeds your soul, even if it depletes your energy reserves. :-) good luck with today's fast!! I just know you are going to meet that goal!!
Hi Candy@CandiceMarie, thank you for the good wishes. I'm hoping Deidre is on the upswing. :-) wish she was ready to try grainfree as she has so many symptoms that many people have resolved by giving up grains. But, she isn't ready, and I'm trying really hard not to push. :-) did I mention that it's hard not to do that??? ;-)
How are you doing post dosage increase? Hope things are improving and you have a wonderful weekend.
Love to both. Phyl
11 Apr 2015, 12:46
Hi Phyl & Bean x
LDN wise..i am adjusting better now to the dose increases..but, as my body is getting more used to it, i seem to be losing the "sleep longer" benefit...over the last week i'm back to broken nights again :(
That was the major advantage to taking the meds,so....bit disappointed really bout that!

One good thing today..i hate talking on the phone ( since being ill that is) but just managed a long chat with an old friend..she needed a longish talk as she has cancer,hubby has just died of cancer,as has her next door neighbour who was a good friend. I dont feel too bad energy wise after it...normally i am drained very quickly on the phone...Any little plus feels like such a gift doesnt it

Phyl,i' m afraid i am just like Deidre and cannot find the moral fibre to give up grains...not bread anyways..have pretty much abandoned pasta and rice and almost conquered cereals tho i can occasionally have a wild splurge on them

Talking of Bean & the girls' walk this morning and feeding the soul...after a rest i' m off to the cathedral ( v close to where i live) to an afternoon service
I have a friend on another site,whose DD is singing with a choir at a service at the cathedral today
Coz ofwork commitments,friend cant be there ( she lives in london) so i said i' d go in her place if i felt up to it
So,gonna rest a while then walk along to the cathedral and just sit and let the peace of the place and the music wash over me....xx
12 Apr 2015, 12:31
Hi Candy@CandiceMarie, sorry I didn't make it back on yesterday to see your note. I hope you had a wonderful time at the cathedral. It sounds heavenly to me. So sorry that the sleeping better aspect of the LDN is fading. Hopefully that is temporary.
As for lack of moral fibre, I don't think you lack anything in that department!! If fact, I think cutting down on the other things is a great idea. If the only grain you are consuming is bread(also one of my favorites, Hubby makes wonderful bread) it will be easier to stop if and when you decide to try it. I had been doing that slowly and I had none of the flu like symptoms some people get from withdrawal from wheat. I gave it up because I was desperate to relieve the pain, and feared loosing what function I had.
I had seen the Wheat Belly program before and wasn't ready, didn't think I could do it. I'm glad now that I did! But, I try really hard not to be too much of an evangelist ( yup, I know I'm failing at that. :-) ) you are making so many positive changes for your health, and you should be proud of that not,feel wimpy because you haven't given up grains. I haven't given up sugar either, not ready for that one. :-)
I, too have a terrible time with the phone! I'm so sorry about your friend! That you were able to be there for her is wonderful!! Hope not too much side effects of the phone chat today.
Well, off to try and accomplish something today. My back isn't hurting at the moment and I want to take advantage of it. :-) love and squishy hugs. Phyl
Previous 1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 60 Next
899 posts Page 42 of 60