The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

899 posts Page 44 of 60
Previous 1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 60 Next
Re: fasting and CFS
18 Apr 2015, 17:04
Oh thats great @mountainmyst that yr hubby noticed..its harder for nearest and dearest, if they see us all the time, to notice changes..so it must be really noticeable!
I agree with Deidre..its bad enough gaining a pound and knowing the reason why,but horrid when you dont expect it, because youve bean good
Happened to me today..i decided to measure self ..thought that 4 fasts later i might see good results
In fact ive lost a tiny but from my bust,nothing from my hips and PUT ON an inch on my waist..waaaarghh!
Trying to stay philosophical but ...its a bit disheartening..oh well just have to carry on regardless x x!
Enjoy yr weekends! X
18 Apr 2015, 19:07
@CandiceMarie, if your waist is slightly larger and you haven't lost any weight, it's probably a bit of fluid retention due to eating a few more carbs and/or salt than usual. You'll probably find that it sorts itself out in a day or two. Good luck!
18 Apr 2015, 20:51
Oh yes, I agree! Blimmin fluid. Gets everywhere doesn't it :(
19 Apr 2015, 12:34
Hi all, @CandiceMarie, @nursebean, it was wonderful that hubby mentioned the weight loss. You know how it is, me"does this look ok." Hubby "yup" he's a man of few words. :-)

Candy, I know exactly what you mean about the weight doing strange things, and it is discouraging, especially when you've bean good. I agree with StowgateResident it's fluid, bound to be. Probably already gone today.
I went up almost a pound yesterday(thanks a lot peanut butter cookies:-) ) I was getting really upset with myself, the I suddenly realized that I was getting all upset about a POUND, a single pound. Came back to my senses thankfully. :-) isn't it funny how a number looks so great when you are going down, but really makes you unhappy if you see it again? :-)
hope you are all having a great day. It's rainy here again today. It's been raining all blessed week! Still, mustn't complain, we could be drying up like California. Glad we are having a day in though. Sending you a big hug and hopes for a great day!! Phyl
20 Apr 2015, 14:20
Sunny day here today my friends..hope that rain has stopped now Phyl x
Do you or Bean ever get a pain like someone sticking nails down yr fingernails..i only get it occasionally and today its one of those days..i think its a neuropathy thing...pain and numbness at the same time :confused:
Have a good day girlies xx
20 Apr 2015, 17:08
Hi@CandiceMarie, I do occasionally. Usually mine is my feet though. I do think it's a neuropathy thing.
It has stopped raining for the moment. Expecting more thunderstorms this evening. Ah, Tennessee in the spring. :-)
Hope the sneaky person sticking needles in your fingers takes a break soon!!! Love, Phyl
23 Apr 2015, 12:55
Hi my fast friends @nursebean, @CandiceMarie, how are you today? Beany how is your back? I'm so sorry it is acting up again. Hope you can rest and feel better really soon.
candy, how are you doing? Hope the neuropathy thing is better today.
I'm doing ok. Tried out the bulletproof coffee thing the other day. Since I like a little coffee in my milk and sugar, I thought it might be interesting to try. I am able to drink my coffee with no milk and just a bit of sugar, and I think I can work up to no sugar. It's interesting what a little coconut oil and a blender can do. :-) it works pretty well in tea also. Coconut oil is supposed to increase metabolism, decrease fat around our middles and be anti inflammatory. Sounds like a win, win to me. :-)
Deidre is dealing with spring time allergies at the moment, so not feeling well everything is coated in yellow. We all sniff and sneeze this time of year. Even the cat. :-) going to the used book sale at the library tomorrow, we usually come home with tons of books for very little money. Makes me really happy as I love to read, and am a cheapskate. :-)
Wishing you a great day. Hugs, Phyl
23 Apr 2015, 13:11
hi gang,was invited up to the roof garden on our apartment block this morning as its a neighbours birthday...didnt tuck into any goodies,just a sip of fizz for the birthday toast ..was determined to keep to fasting today..enjoyed the conversation and laughter and didnt miss refreshments..
Feel absolutely pooped now after two hours in company...going to have a lie down before doing my laundry.
Well done Phyl for giving the BP coffee a go..am not a coffee drinker so havent tried it. X
Bean hope your back is better today X
Phyl,hope you get yrself some good books..i used to love books,but since being ill, i seem to have lost some interest in reading..i miss it coz i used to enjoy getting lost in a good story. XX
25 Apr 2015, 03:17
Howdy Phyl and Candy! How you both doing?
I love the sound of your rooftop get together Candy...and you are doing so well with fasting and not giving in to temptation...well done! I just haven't bean able to fast lately due to feeling so dreadful. My back pain didn't help. I can walk in a more upright position now but I just don't have any energy...at all! Oh what fun eh?
A sneezy cat Phyl? How sweet xx
I wonder what today holds? Candy you should get yourself a good book and just read a little at a time. Return to the pleasures of life...no matter how small. What kind of books do you read Phyl?
I suppose I ought to try to sleep now. It is 4:15 in the morning after all...sob! That's the trouble when you spend some of the day in bed...you can't sleep at night...doh!
Have a great Saturday you two
Beany hugs xx
25 Apr 2015, 08:27
Hope you both have a happy weekend x
Beano i get books from the library,get them redated time after time,then take them back..
I rarely get thru a book now tho i was an avid reader before
Just now i' m reading The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd and i think i' ll finish it tho its taking time. In the past I' d have devoured it in days.
She wrote one of my fave books ..the Secret Life of Bees.
Two great authors ( but ive read everything by them) are AnneTyler and Barbara Kingsolver..who do you recommend guys!?
Have a good day folks!
26 Apr 2015, 16:41
I'm very much a Stephen King fan and from time to time I read MC Beaton's Agatha Raisin stories which I like to think are my sorbet between serious books! Oh I really like Susan Hill. Try reading Woman in Black at home, on a windy night. Thats what I did and managed to read the book in one go! It was so atmospheric! Just terrific! She writes varies novels including the Simon Serrailer books which are just great! Highly recommended!
Hope you've both had a good weekend (and that little Ziggy is making leaps in his recovery)
Beany hugs xxxx
26 Apr 2015, 17:10
I agree Beano..Susan Hill is v good
Howz yr back?
I feel exhausted after visiting our little furry friend,who's doing well
Roll on bedtime! X
26 Apr 2015, 17:17
My back is improving thanks Candy. Now it's just the rest of me. I guess the back pain is another symptom of CFS. I certainly didn't do anything to cause it. Hey ho!
I bet you are exhausted after the stress of seeing little chap. At least you can rest knowing that he's doing well xx
29 Apr 2015, 12:54
Hello my friends! @nursebean,@CandiceMarie, sorry I was gone so long. I had a couple of days where I felt almost normal, so of course I over did it and then had a couple of crashed days. :-) you would think I would learn after all these years, but there is so much that needs doing.
Hope everyone is feeling better today! Fasting when you are sick and in pain is really difficult. The main thing to do right now is rest and be good to yourself.
I did find a few books. I read mostly light books , lots of sorbet, not much meat now days. I like M.C. Beaton too, but actually prefer Hamish , to Agatha. :-) I like what are called cozy's. Not too difficult, just fun diversions. I used to read more substantial books, but can't maintain the needed concentration now. There is a series written by Joann Fluke called the Hannah Swenson mysteries. It's about a woman in her late twenties, early thirties that owns a cookie shop. She's funny and smart and is always getting tangled up in murders. She adds lots of yummy cookie recipes(not to be read on a fast day, and no longer on my menu). They are just light time passing entertainment for me.
Sending you both a big hug and wishes for a great day. Love, Phyl
29 Apr 2015, 13:29
Hi Folks,

Hope you don't mind my lurking once in while on this thread--my darling DIL has CFS and multiple other mobidities as well--hence my interest.

Now that you are mentioning books, had to tell you about a fun series that's even funnier on audiobook. The Chet and Bernie mysteries by Spencer Quinn. Not only is Chet the dog partner of the two sleuths, he's the narrator. On the audiobooks, the actor reading has the voice of Chet down pat--just as you would imagine Chet to sound. These books and CDs sometimes have me laughing out loud.

I hope you all have a good day and a good laugh in there somewhere.
Previous 1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 60 Next
899 posts Page 44 of 60