The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

714 posts Page 27 of 48
Previous 1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 48 Next
Like old times this.
Hope everyone is well, and it's good to see that so many newbies and oldies (me included) are enjoying the sharing of knowledge and encouraging one another.
hello ladies

@justdee @hazelnut20 dee & pernelle, how lovely to all be here at the same time with the same game plan :)

pernelle, feel so bad for you taking one for the team with your cream tea :like: that certainly did bring a smile to my face hehe

we can all do this. we are all making small changes with our ways of thinking (thats all of us doing bsd) & it certainly makes a difference on our tummys. Ive woken up with a flatish one today. woohoo. am planning full fat greek yogurt for breakfast & have got ribbon stir fry from waitrose (in reduced section for a 1/4 of the price :) ) with a stir fry sauce planned for dinner tonight. may add some quorn of some kind but planning a 500-800 calorie day today.

good luck ladies & @rawkaren sounds like you are getting to grip with this & welcome to @debs nice to have another follower :like:

gotta tidy up as have family visiting for daughter whos birthday it was when we were away. shelley xx
Thank you all for your kind welcome back. I slunk in thinking that no one would recognize me but good to see so many old hands here!
Hazelnut, that is amazing, and the fact that I am in the same boat as you, peri-menopausal, with a sugar habit, that if it were cocaine, would put me away for life, leads me to hope that I can have the same transformation :oops:
I, well OH, realized that what I probably had was Metabolic Syndrome after reading the book and putting the various elements together, high BP, high cholesterol and now high blood sugar too. I was treating the BP, left the cholesterol alone but the blood sugar was slightly too high. He has been encouraging/bullying/ordering/pampering me along and is doing the cooking and the monitoring, all I have to do it moan a lot :grin: and do as I'm told. Outdoor exercise is impossible for most of the year here so we have got a set of weights and a barbell. Occasionally I even use them.
Slipped a bit today as I had one of those days when I am ravenously hungry all the time. Hey ho.
@debs ihad a ravenous day yesterday and felt very cranky on my day 21,after a very easy preceding 20 days..i realised i was craving fat and when i looked at log of what ive eaten over last three weeks, i saw ive had very little fat,specially considering its a high fat diet. I felt tons better after having some butter on my veg and an enormous bowl of Fage Total yog with a few berries xx
That's handy to know. I have a reasonable amount of fat in nuts, olive oil and a bit of cheese but I have found from experience that when I up my fat my sugar cravings aren't as bad. I start work at 6, so I usually hang on as long as I can, if I'm out in the heat I can drink to cover the hunger pangs.
Oh Debs @Debs! How lovely to have you back among us! Blimey! You've lost nearly a pound a day - that's amazing!! How are you finding it?
BEan :heart:
Hello Bean!
It's because of you and Karen, I'm back. I saw your posts on the BSD forum but hate the layout so I came here instead! How are you doing on this, as I know, like me, you have tried most things! It's been a bit tough the first few days, ketosis and hunger but I'm hoping it will settle down and I will see some results for my weight and BP etc. xxxxxxxx
Oh I didn't realise you'd bean in the BSD forum as well. Who are you on there? And Karen too? I dunno!
I must say, my first week I suffered a bad headache but I had also started to take some new supplements so I'm thinking it might have bean them. I'm not as strict on carbs as lots of people (you know me!) but I have bean amazingly good with them lately. I no longer eat pasta, rice, potatoes, bread - well, I have potatoe occasionally but not often. I'm also working on chocolate and have taken to dark chocolate. Tonight, for example, I've allowed myself 4 squares of dark chocolate! It's great because you don't need so much of it! :wink:
How are you doing anyway?
Bean :heart:
Hi Bean. I'm not on BSD but can confess to lurking. Another day ticked off. I was hungry tonight but pleasantly so. I managed to find the calories for a square of 90% choc which was a good end to the day.

nursebean wrote: Oh I didn't realise you'd bean in the BSD forum as well. Who are you on there? And Karen too? I dunno!
I must say, my first week I suffered a bad headache but I had also started to take some new supplements so I'm thinking it might have bean them. I'm not as strict on carbs as lots of people (you know me!) but I have bean amazingly good with them lately. I no longer eat pasta, rice, potatoes, bread - well, I have potatoe occasionally but not often. I'm also working on chocolate and have taken to dark chocolate. Tonight, for example, I've allowed myself 4 squares of dark chocolate! It's great because you don't need so much of it! :wink:
How are you doing anyway?
Oh well done Karen! I must say I'm rather liking this dark chocolate malarkey! I had 4 squares tonight - only 3 carbs I think! In fact I only had 47g of carbs today - I'm so pleased with myself!!
Have you weighed yourself yet? Feel any lighter! You will notice great things. It's amazing! Can't wait to hear how you get on
I have not weighed as I know I will be disappointed as I'm a slow loser. My mid section does feel less dense though! I will weigh myself before I go on holiday at the end of August. Right now I'm just focusing on the process.
@rawkaren your posts sound more positive now. glad to hear your belly is feeling less dense. definitely a good sign :like:

my plans for today went out the window. have had family round most of the day so I made cupcakes for them & had one. didnt have time to eat anything other than yogurt so when we went out this evening to the car auctions I ended up having chips for my dinner. hoping that I can get back on track tomorrow. dont want to have to offer up my one & only star to dee :)

will be buying some dark chocolate tomorrow. seems like a worthwhile compromise & accountable. I know from experience I can only eat a few squares as its quite sickly/strong. will probably get some flavoured with orange or mint :)

off to bed now as gotta be up at 2.45am for work. shelley xx
Aww why am I finding this so damn difficult??? Today was ok until after 4pm, went shopping with DD and had a choc muffin with my coffee, then potatoes with dinner this evening. Both very nice but really want to stick to BSD and shed a few more lbs before end of challenge. Please someone give me a good talking to, I've tried having a word with myself but I'm not listening :( . AAhhhgggg why can't I do this????
Does somebody need a good talking to?! Right, here I am....

Now then, @justdee/Totally Dee/Amazing Dee....what's going on? Do you think you're hitting a patch of BSD fatigue? Fed up with not eating anything yummy? Watching others indulge & having to go without? These things are tough, I know that, believe me...but you have been doing so well. You've come such a long way from the "I won't be able to do it" days.

Unfortunately, it seems our guard has to be up every day, 24/7. Every day we have choices - do I eat that...or don't I? None of us are saints...so it's a case of jumping right back on that horse after any "transgression" and putting it behind us. Question: did you enjoy the choc muffin? I hope so because there's nothing worse than not fully enjoying a "naughty but nice" thing. Eat the jolly thing, enjoy it...and move on. It's hardly the crime of the century!

That said, I would recommend sitting down and trying to refocus your mind to commit one way or the other. It's a slippery slope otherwise. In my experience, which is vast where "diets" are concerned (being 53-and-three-quarters!), if you don't watch yourself now, you'll slip into some kind of half-hearted BSDing, en get despondent when you don't get the results you wanted...and so on.

I've got to dash now...but as Arnie says, "I'll be back!" Let's talk some more later xx
Wise words @hazelnut20 x we have to be ever vigilant!
@justdee i really feel for you! What is it? Are you feeling hungry...i have to say,today i' m hungrier for the first time in 4 weeks ..i guess we have to tough it out for the rewards we want. Wd having 900 cals help a bit? Or even 1000. ..just While you re focus and remind yrself of the BSD benefits! You CAN do this,youve done so for weeks! Do you need more full fat to help you feel fuller?
@johns up at 2.45 for work? Are you a milkman lady! :lol:
@rawkarenglad youre getting in the zone! X
Previous 1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 48 Next
714 posts Page 27 of 48