The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

714 posts Page 31 of 48
Previous 1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 48 Next
Blimey Bean that's amazing! And what is the prize for that apart from glory?!! How do you find out how you did?
Thanks for the advice Karen, when you get time can you let me know what your day's food looks like? I always worry about eating tiny amounts more regularly as it opens the hunger floodgates for me.
Johns, I envy you being able to run along the cliffs, a lovely thought.
@nursebean. That's incredible! Fantastic news. Do let us know all about it when it happens. @debs. I'm photo posting on my blog. The link is below. You can see a screenshot of MFP too so you can see what I'm eating. I'm using it to keep me honest. I'm pretty disciplined at sticking to three meals and no snacks. If I try to go to two meals I find I need to snack. I'm keeping 90% chocolate in my desk draw and some almonds which are sold in snack portion size so I don't over eat them. I'd eat eggs if I could but I struggle with them sometimes.

I think Beano's advice is good. Try and get used to the calorie count first and then worry about your macros later.
Thanks Debs and Karen!! Its all happening tomorrow!! :shock: I wasn't given much notice was I!!! Basically I think I'm up against one other (maybe two) and we have to stand at the front of the group and just explain why we joined SW and what its done for us really!! I won't mention fasting and BSD of course!! :wink:
Actually, I'm just going through my 'before' photos - Man Alive! I was huge!! Its amazing how you forget isn't it!!
So wish me luck tomorrow. If I win, then my name goes to the national competition. But, to be honest, SW aren't going to want somebody who didn't have THAT much to lose are they. They like to show the people who lose 7 stone or more -but its all good fun and I'm SO happy that somebody nominated me!!
Bean :smile: :grin:
@nursebean, how exciting, do have fun!
Oh wow congratulations @Nursebean! Best of luck!

Actually, if marketing people are choosing the Woman of the Year, they're going to search for "everywoman" -- i.e. the one most women can relate to most. They'll ideally look for a woman engaged in a feminine enough job (nursing, teaching etc), who was clearly overweight but not more than 50 lbs overweight, and who lost their weight in a reasonably fast amount of time.
That sounds like our Beano @tracieknits! X
Oh That one posted ! For the first time in 24 hours
Hurrah hurrah hurrah and thanks @moogie if you tweaked something! X
Sorry, I can't take credit for the fix, looks like it righted itself as I've only just seen your post and come to check out the problem! Seems to be one of those days for self-resolving issues!
Woohoo! X i like days like this!x
@debs been trying to say for 24 hours but it wdnt stick that i feel for you..horrid to feel hungry and 800 cals isnt much for a long long day x good advice from @rawkaren and @nursebean
Are you having enough full fat? Fage greek yog is very comforting and filling..with a few berries and a few crushed nuts its like a cornetto!
Nana Shelley @johns i admire your running..the route sounds lovely x
Thanks Candicemarie! I am taking advice and seeing if some snacks help so I'm taking boiled eggs with me tomorrow and full fat yoghurt for lunch. I can't get Fage here so I have to hunt for the lowest sugar ones I can find.
Bean, looking forward to hearing how you went but in our eyes you are already a winner :heart:

Chickpea flour pancakes filled with veggies and a little halloumi for me tonight :oops:
Good luck bean. :clover: :clover: Some great support going on in here. I've had a difficult two weeks so will get back on it on monday.
Lunch out today which was a treat. Over cals but stayed low carb. I'm out again tomorrow too so will probably need to fast all day. Back on it properly Sunday.
Good luck Beany! Can't wait to hear all about it.....

Don't forget, you're a winner in our eyes every day! Xxx
I second what you said @hazelnut20 HOw are you doing?
I am on Day 32, have hit a bit of a plateau,but still, i can't complain ...22 1/4 lbs down and feeling so much better in my clothes! Getting some nice compliments! And finding the diet very very easy..don't feel any need for anything bready,or sugary or junky! Cant thank you enough for starting this thread! XX
Have a great weekend everyone! X
What would I do without you guys?!! You offer so much support - and make me feel special!! :oops: (Thank you!!)
Anyway, sadly I didn't win. It was between three of us and two of use fell apart with nerves!! I've never shaken so much - ridiculous! I guess I've bean out of the world so long that standing in front of a large group of people is just terrifying!! :shock:
It was great to be nominated though!!
Not only did I not win Woman of the Year - but I 'maintained' so no losses this week! Honestly! What's going on?!! :confused:
How's everyone else doing?
Bean :heart:
Previous 1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 48 Next
714 posts Page 31 of 48