The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

171 posts Page 6 of 12
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12 Next
Re: Just starting out
01 Aug 2014, 11:49
So glad Ka's surgery went well. Do whatever you need to to stay strong and healthy to take care of your gorgeous girl. Thinking of you all. :heart: :heart:

Happy birthday for sunday Ka :party: :cake: :present: :heart:
03 Aug 2014, 06:40
I've been a little bit naughty this morning and I hopped on some scales in the corridor. They read 12st 4lb ish and I thought 'well, that's not too bad! But when I got off the pointer is on 4lb, so I am still around 12st on these scales :grin: Fingers crossed I will be still around that when I get on boots scales again :clover:
This morning Ka's epidural has been turned off. It will take around 6 hours to be out of her system and if they can manage her pain with ibuprofen and paracetamol, she might even make it home on Monday :grin: We need the physios to take a look at her right leg as she has twisted it in her splint, hopefully there'll be someone around today.
I've managed to get 6 hours sleep last night and Friday night, I'm not used to that! :sleepy:
I have had a salad every day since being here, but I had lots of bits too - cereal bars, go ahead biscuits, handful of chocolate raisins, a yoghurt and full fat milky tea! Yesterday I held off eating until 1.30pm, but I had been drinking tea all morning.
I know I'm not doing any proper fasting, but at least I'm pretty close to the habit still.
I will keep popping in here to keep me occupied, so apologies for my future rambling
xxx :heart: xxx
03 Aug 2014, 07:18
You're doing great Karen and making the most of very difficult circumstances. Just hang on in there, those precious hours of sleep must have done you the world of good!
03 Aug 2014, 11:47
You ramble away m'dear. Sorry for moaning about not getting enough sleep because of this cough (in the other thread), I feel like an idiot :bugeyes: .
Hope all goes well x
03 Aug 2014, 12:39
Don't be silly dee, I got more sleep than you did. It's even better than being at home in the fact I didn't have to share the bed :wink:
Ka is is doing brilliantly :grin:
We are going home tomorrow. Saw her surgeon today and he explained about her peculiar knees, they will need to do more surgery, but not for a year. Her knee joints were all at sixes and sevens to her femur! Her legs can now straighten, even though she's not happy doing it and needs forceful persuasion :shock: Just gotta get her home to heal.
I am a bit more content today. I do wish I still had scales at home, but they were so inconsistent that I spent too much time on them :oops:
I'd better get back to her.
Laters xxx :heart: xxx
05 Aug 2014, 21:14
We are back home :grin:
Ka has some discomfort, but less than expected
Whilst in hospital, I did ok with food, but was drinking tea with milk during the day. I didn't eat loads of junk, just a salad and a couple of slices of bread and butter each day with a few choc raisins for a snack.
When we got home, however, I went mad!!! :bugeyes: I ate loads! At least that's how it felt, when I listed it all it came to - 4 x fishfingers, a fish portion, mushy peas, mash, 3 slices bread, choc raisins and some chocolate buttons. I accept I wasn't eating mindfully :oops:
I am going back to fasting next week :smile:
I am too tired to get back into fasting yet :sleepy:
xxx
08 Aug 2014, 20:05
Whilst ka was in hospital, my eating was pretty good. The moment I got home a started eating and have struggled to stop! I have been eating in a window, but I seemed to make it my mission to see how much I could shovel in during a short period of time (I have discovered that I can eat loads quickly!)

Today I have fasted until 7pm, having black coffee during the day.
My planned course today was overbooked so I volunteered to go back in October so I could get back to ka. We took her into truro today and she was ok. Unfortunately I made the mistake of not putting a onesie on her (didn't want to drag her about to get it on) I knew when I heard those awful words "have you given her chocolate?" :shock: that things were not as they should be. Had to remove splints and bandages. Shower her and remove hip dressings. I am now worried in case she gets an infection. just have to keep a close eye on her. Will pop down to boots tomorrow to get some spare dressings as I've done a bodge job in cutting a big dressing in half for tonight.
We will have to go to bed soon to keep me out of the cupboard as I don't intend failing todays fast!
22 Aug 2014, 09:55
Ka's hip wounds have healed well, but her knee wounds have ended up with pressure wounds alongside her surgery wounds (surgery ones are healing ok) I have took this into my own hands and have started using podiatry felt to build a protection around her wound as she still needs to wear the splints which have caused the pressure.

I went to hospital about my thumb on Tuesday and they weighed me (12st4lb) and gave me a nasty cortisone injection into the thumb. Both of which has caused me to be very down this week. I didn't expect to get weighed, I weighed more than I'd hoped (though less than expected) and I was in lots of pain due to injection. The latter has made caring for ka more challenging, but the pain is much less this morning.

My official boots weight is 12st1lb, so lower again.

Hubby fasted with me and is hoping to lose weight again. His problem is he hates cutting down food and would much rather lose weight with walking lots. He prefers to walk with me, I don't enjoy walking and ka isn't at school, so I have excuses to avoid it just now.
Better go and see if I can get ka sorted as her pain relief should've kicked in by now

I will stick to eating windows most days and mon/thurs fasts :smile:
22 Aug 2014, 09:58
((((((( big big hugs)))))))) to you and Ka xxxxxxxxx
23 Aug 2014, 11:31
I ate camping food last night - a banana, solero ice lolly, salted matchstick crisps, 1.5 ciabatta rolls, cheese, ham, butter, coleslaw, chocolate m&ms and 2or 3 koko kanu shots. Not sure how many cals, but it was yummy!
I am hungry now, but holding out for a little while. The later I leave it, the less time I have to shovel in the food :oops: but it won't last much longer. I have a hankering for eggs, but will need to do a supermarket dash to get some :frown: I might even try my frittata thingy which is in the fridge!
Hope everyone is having a good day?
:heart:
23 Aug 2014, 12:41
@Karenm aw, I hope your finger is on the mend and Ka's pressure wounds too. What eating window are you aiming for? I'm off to the shops too, eggs are on the list as well as Caesar salad which has recently become a favourite of mine. I'll be fasting Monday despite being a bank holiday, so perhaps see you there? x
23 Aug 2014, 20:47
Well done Karen you're doing great just one small gain
Hope Ka is OK and all on the mend :like:
Your rum thingy sounded yummmmyy oh yes
I hope you've enjoyed your outing with Cyril all decked out in his new finery, you and hubby need a little time alone after all the pressures you've been through lately, glad hes back fasting with you again, @Karenm
Enjoy the bank holiday weekend and we'll all meet up for another Monday Determination Day of fasting to compensate for our misdeeds. :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock:
24 Aug 2014, 13:39
I was thinking of you bowling along in Cyril ! :like:
If youre hankering for eggs,have them,you may need them and yr body's letting you know xx
24 Aug 2014, 17:13
Bowling along? Sounds a bit fast for cyril :wink: He is more of a potterer :smile:
I have left Ka's splints and dressings off all day. I'm dreading going and putting them all back on :shock: I am going with the old fashioned theory of letting the air get to it and it's already looking better than this morning :smile:
My thumb is much better today Ty x
I'm aiming for a 5-6 hour eating window. I reckon hubby is going to do eating windows rather than fasting. But that will still fit with my fasts as he will just have more on his plate!
I realise I'm not going to make my springy challenge target. I am gutted :cry: It's unrealistic to make 10lb in 4-5 weeks.
But hey ho! Just keeping on going :heart: I will make that target, even if it is 1 year after I last reached it (beginning of nov)
The eating windows is an idea to try and take some control of non fast days. I can manage the fast days, but the inbetween days are derailing me!
24 Aug 2014, 23:00
I bet the air did Ka's wounds the world of good, glad you saw an improvement, mum knows best :) Hope you had a nice break away in cyril and enjoyed that yummy food and drink, all ready for a fast day. See you in the fasting today thread for Determination Day :)
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12 Next
171 posts Page 6 of 12