The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

171 posts Page 7 of 12
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12 Next
Re: Just starting out
25 Aug 2014, 09:22
I haven't been brave enough to remove her splints today yet. Hopefully the wounds are still healing well.
I have managed to put up the roller blind in the kitchen. I love the beach huts, but I am pretty disappointed that it doesn't "roll" straight :confused: I think I may need to work out a way to weight the bottom of it (but not too much weight as I have screwed the brackets into the wood framework of the window and not used plugs or drilled :oops: )
Another big job for today is clearing the kitchen table. It just gets loads of junk dumped on it. Hubby is very guilty of this as from where I'm sitting I can see a pair of his shorts, work boxes, kits and a target! (Also see my bernina :oops: )
I have some seaside oilcloth to staple to the table. Not convinced it will go with the new blind though!
I've had to sticky tape socks to whippet puppy's front paws. He had his boy bits and dew claws removed 2 weeks ago, but as he couldn't wear the lampshade collar (got his jaw jammed open in it :shock: ) he has done a bit too much licking of his paws. Then to top it off, he has grazed next to one of the wounds. I reckon the socks will let them breathe and heal, but his pretty little trot is now much more funny than pretty :lol:
As it is bank holiday Monday, the British weather hasn't let us down and it's raining and a bit windy, so I won't be taking ka into town, I'll just have to nip down there myself :frown:
I had kinda hoped I could stay in nowt but a shirt today, but I suppose I'd better go and put some clothes on :wink:
Onwards and downwards :heart:
26 Aug 2014, 18:24
Thanks to some chatting in the making tent today, I have a keep cake in the oven. http://timetocookonline.com/2014/03/08/keep-cake/
(I don't know how to do the fancy links with the name instead of the address)
After seeing my keep sane lady today, I will agree that to still be about the same weight as I was this time last year is a big achievement! I do still want to lose more, but I'm prepared to go with the slow flow for a while! (May be very slow if I continue discovering scrummy recipes!) I am still 3stone 5lb lighter than 2 years ago.

Does anyone want to rehome a teenager? My middle daughter is driving me to swearing! She expects everyone to work everything to fit around her and her plans. I need to take ka to visit her new respite centre for the day tomorrow. Apparently the timings mean her fella can't give her a lift to work as he would be coming with me as ka doesn't travel well and he is her paid PA. There's nothing I can do about the timings and I've been very mature and put the phone down on her! She might not even be going to work as she doesn't feel well, but won't know until 9.30am whether her boss can manage without her! She is 19 and needs to grow up! But instead I am worried about her reaction :frown:

We have venison burgers for tea, followed by roulade. I reckon the keep cake will taste better tomorrow after it's set?

:heart:
26 Aug 2014, 19:42
Going slow sounds good if we still get to enjoy yummy cakes :) . You're doing great, just keep doing what you're doing.
I think you just gave me a sneaky peek into the future with my DD. (# scream out-loud.com) Keep calm and carry on hun :)
28 Aug 2014, 16:58
Today is a fast day and tomorrow is weigh day. It's the Falmouth tall ships regatta and walking past all of the scrummy food and sweet stalls has been tough. Hubby suggested we get weighed so I could eat tonight without worrying. Unfortunately it showed 12st3lb :bugeyes:
Now I realise that there are fluctuations as to time of day, fluid intake etc, but it was still a shock :shock: . I'd expected to have stayed the same. Anyway, the outcome is that I'm sulking, not eating yummy stuff tonight and going to go back into town for a proper weigh day weigh in the morning!
I am sick of watching what I eat though :frown:
I am completely lacking motivation
It's the goodbye coffee morning for Ka's respite centre. It's being closed as the council have been offered buckets of money to sell the land it's on :pissedoff: the official reason is money saving, but their own figures disproved that! It will be an emotional occasion as ka has been going there for 6 years. She loves the staff and they love her too!
My middle daughter is still on offer! I have been in the middle of an angry sandwich today. Hubby is fed up of her attitude, she is sick of him having a go! I am looking forward ka going back to school so I can leave them to it!
Epilepsy nurse has adjusted the timings of Ka's VNS. She is very happy with her and I seem to be swiping her right, which is good. She's going to get the rep to visit next time he's down as her wires are quite visible :confused: Her pressure wounds still look quite bad, but are now starting to heal.
I don't want to use stress as an excuse for my weight, but I do still have an awful lot going on. The weightloss, this time around, is really tough going. It's quite a struggle for me, but I'm still here, a bit unhappy, but here anyway x
28 Aug 2014, 20:03
(((hugs))) Sorry things are tough for you @karenm, I'm sure they will get easier soon.
Right, now about those scales, you know better than that :confused: . Even though we expect higher numbers those higher number mess about in our heads when we're busy thinking about other things and they don't half lower our mood.
If you're sick of watching what you eat, my advice is to stop watching. I know that sounds crazy but it's working for me. Do your 2 fastdays, 2 solid 500cal or less fast.(really solid, those were you feel hungry when in bed). The rest of the time have what you want, when you want it. You'll find when you have the freedom to have anything at any time (-2 fastdays) you just won't want as much or as often. I know it's easier said than done and you may go a bit crazy at first, but just go with, after a few back to basic fast and when you get used to having what you want when you want it, it will all calm down and you'll fine you even skip meals and you won't eat as much because you won't want to. I have spent the last 6 months trying eating windows/4:3/low carb and stayed at the same weight and I was thinking about food the whole time.. Now I'm back to basic 5:2 the weight has started dropping again. I don't worry at all about what I eat on nonfast days, I eat what I want when I want it and believe me I have my fair share of cr@p. Some times I go well over TDEE, I think, (I don't count) but most days around TDEE or under, just because that's what I wanted. I've only been back to basics 5:2 for few weeks but I already feel great, my clothes are looser, the scale is being kinder and I'm not stressing about food at all. :smile:
I'll stop now because I've gone on for too long, but don't you go AWOL on me, I need you :heart: :clover: :clover:
28 Aug 2014, 22:09
I'm not going AWOL, just struggling. Very disappointed in my middle daughter and her bf! I'm at a loss about what to do, though hubby is inputting very strongly :frown:
I'm in bed and have a headache. Defo under 500 again. That's 2 this week, which is why those numbers this afternoon upset me.
I suspect I've stayed the same this week. That'll be disappointing :cry: just need to weight and see :wink:
Any news on moving @justdee?xxx :heart: xxx
28 Aug 2014, 22:10
:cry: @Karenm You're doing great and you don't use stress as an excuse because it is THE reason your struggling, wise words from your buddie @justdee trying to
nail 1 or 2 true 500 cals fastdays then you'll see a drop in your weight and the motivation will follow especially when you see that #11 again its within your sights again now :clover:
Sorry can't help with the adoption I've an ageing hubby who sometimes behaves child-like :shock: swap maybe?
:lol: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:
Oppose just seen your post well done you've already nailed 2 good ones now please try and be patient not easy I know let's all weigh in tomorrow then make a plan.
28 Aug 2014, 22:19
Well done buddy you made it, you got through a tough day and you'll feel so much better for it in the morning. :like: :like:
Sorry about DD and her BF, just remember the stresses with the kids are like hunger, it comes in waves and goes again, it will soon be better hun. Hope the headache goes quickly and the scale is very nice to you tomorrow. Good luck @karenm:clover: :clover: :clover:
28 Aug 2014, 22:22
Oh and a bit of good news from me. We are signing for the house on Monday 1st. Looks like everything is falling in to place. :grin: :grin: :grin:
29 Aug 2014, 07:20
Fantastic news about the house Dee :grin:
40 minutes til I get weighed. Suppose I'd better get on :wink:
30 Aug 2014, 16:11
I really need to keep on top of things at home. We spent 2 hours cleaning downstairs for visitors today! I still felt like apologising for the mess :oops:
I had a small portion of fish, chips and mushy peas, but had to rush home due to upset tummy. I'm wondering if this could be due to not having a gall bladder anymore :?: I will look into it.
I've ended up on an unplanned fast. Small fish and chips is all I've eaten today, so I think I'll stick with just that :grin:
One of our visitors hasn't seen me for 2 years and over 3 stone lost. She told me how amazing I look, which was lovely :smile:
14 Sep 2014, 07:11
I've been AWOL again!
Life has taken over. My daughters respite centre has closed, her SW who deals with assessments has changed, her pressure wounds are bad and the nurse is trying to soften the scabs and then attacks them with forceps and a scalpel, she is in much more pain than we expected, her teacher had changed and her class. The last two no longer matter as we are going to be home educating her :shock:
I am very overwhelmed at the whole idea of having ka 24/7, without the break school gave us. We have had a great week with her, doing lots of stuff and trips out, but I'm exhausted :frown: The positive is that she's much happier and bad behaviours and seizures are reduced.
I will try to fast twice this week and get weighed on Friday. I already know it's bad as I can't get in a pair of jeans - like anywhere near get in them!!!
So @justdee and @sue.q - don't worry I am back, but I'm definitely struggling and bingeing :cry:
14 Sep 2014, 08:05
Don't know what to say @Karenm...
you have so much on your plate.
You have to look after yourself.
Maybe cut yourself some slack but I don't know where from.
Sending hugs and positive energy as I can't think what else to offer...
14 Sep 2014, 09:03
So good to hear from you @Karenm
I'm so sorry things have become even worse for you, because the stresses you're under are causing you to binge and then that makes your jeans tight. lol
But Ka is very happy with you both around so that's something positive, I assume your sharing the care with hubby so why not try staying at home to give you a little "ME" time relax in a hot bath a pampering session hair washed etc then perhaps cook a meal for later, all while hubs takes her out and entertains her for few hours giving you some respite then swap this situation few days later while hubs relaxes the way to suit him then cooks a meal for you to return home to. :heart: :clover: :like:
As for fasting try one good true day then build on this extending until you're doing two fastdays when ready and able to but don't rush this otherwise that would be a recipe for disaster.
I wish I could offer more advice but your situation is by far so alien to me, you've done really well and lost an enormous amount of weight focus on how good that's made you feel and no-way do you want to regain any more than you have already because that's how I ended up at my 19 stone start,
I really don't want that for you.
Take care Karen don't go AWOL again!!
The forum and your buddie @justdee and the elusive @pinchypops need you too.
:clover: :clover: one day at a time. :clover: :clover:
----------- :heart: Sue. :heart:
14 Sep 2014, 10:48
Hey, good to hear from you @Karenm - blimey that's a lot of change you are dealing with - not surprised you feel overwhelmed and exhausted. I agree with Sue's suggestion- settling into a routine with OH so you both get a bit of downtime space can help. Big hug for Ka too - hope the nurse works her magic. :clover: Sending you positive vibes and a big warm hug too. :heart: I'll see you on the fasting threads (determined Monday and Terrific Thursday for me) - time to get you back in those jeans :wink: :wink: :victory:
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12 Next
171 posts Page 7 of 12