The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

1467 posts Page 49 of 98
Previous 1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 98 Next
Re: Are there any runners here?
18 Mar 2014, 12:52
Ah @corinthium that's great news, maybe I can get my times down as well with my weight loss :)

The more i've upped my exercise the less weight i'm losing, but i'm changing my body shape for sure! I can see muscles in my legs :)

MaryAnn, my under 1hr 10k goal seems so far away now, but once that was my goal too! i'm sure you can do it!
18 Mar 2014, 13:15
All this encouragement is making me think that I should up my ambitions a bit and maybe aim for a sub-1 hour 10k. Will keep you posted.
18 Mar 2014, 20:31
MaryAnn wrote: If you run, you're a runner :-)

That's the most important thing to remember. If you are running you aren't sat on a couch watching TV. There are so many factors involved with running, not just weight but cardio and mental strenth too. You should just do what suits you, and most importantly, what you enjoy.
21 Mar 2014, 09:24
How's everyone getting on?
I did a longer run than usual, as per my plan, on Sunday last week. And I clearly didnt eat enough before/after, since I felt shaky and sick all day! oops....

This week my body has just wanted carbs and sugar all week!

Planning another longer run this sunday too so hopefully i'll manage it a bit better and actually eat!

Today is just a short run in the park and it's a lovely day, so hopefully it'll go well, although i've got a bit of a headache! Falling apart! :)
21 Mar 2014, 09:56
I had a 5k run last Saturday by the sea in Pembrokeshire where I was staying with my Mum, and another 5k on my usual route at home. I'm aiming for a parkrun on Saturday.
My OH and I are walking a lot at the moment which is great but does take a long time. So far this week we have done 25 miles over 4 days.
21 Mar 2014, 11:05
hi Sian

I walk a lot on my non-running days too, it does seem slower :) but much more relaxing.

I aim to do the parkruns soon too, but I am working on building up my time/speed by following a running programme at the moment so will aim to start park run about the summer time maybe :)
21 Mar 2014, 12:18
SianS wrote: I had a 5k run last Saturday by the sea in Pembrokeshire where I was staying with my Mum, and another 5k on my usual route at home. I'm aiming for a parkrun on Saturday.
My OH and I are walking a lot at the moment which is great but does take a long time. So far this week we have done 25 miles over 4 days.

ooh, where did you run Sian? I am lucky enough to live in Pembrokeshire :cool:
21 Mar 2014, 12:23
@@rebelsue2 Well done on your runs, sounds like you will be more than ready for a park run in the summer!
I sometimes get that lightheaded sick feeling when I run but have never managed to pin down what causes it as I get it after I eat as well as when I don't.
@@SianS You have been doing a lot this week, you are way ahead of me on the Fitbit board! I haven't had much time this week, to walk or run, hhave had 2 runs and another this afternoon, but nothing too energetic because I've got another 10km race on Sunday morning.
My knee has been really hurting this week (sprain 3 years ago and the doctor reckons either cartilage or menisc damage). When I run fast I don't feel it but could hardly walk yesterday after Tues evening training. So yesterday I made appointment for an ex ray and IRM both which are before my half marathon mid April ((thank goodness for the efficient French Health service!) so I should have more idea of the exact problem and whether or not there is a solution...I love running and don't want to stop!
21 Mar 2014, 13:19
Franglaise, is there a Podiatry service near you that you can access? DH injured himself in a Half a few weeks back, and went to see a private Podiatrist this morning (cost £40); she did a full assessment, and said that his knee problems all stem from a problem that he has with a toe joint. The toe affects the rest of the foot, and therefore affects the knee. He has to have orthotic inserts in his shoes, but she reckons it will make a massive difference to his foot and enable him to run pain free. Worth a thought if nothing else helps perhaps?
22 Mar 2014, 11:03
A nice if a bit chilly parkrun this morning and I staretd with bare arms for the first time this year. My time will be 29mins something, last night's white wine didn't help!

@Purplicious my Mum lives near Saundersfoot, at the top of a hill, so I drive down to Wiseman's Bridge and run from there to the tip of Saundersfoot harbour and back. It is just under 5km and if you don't know that path which runs on the track of an old narrow gauge railway line it is well worth a look
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wisem ... B600%3B402
23 Mar 2014, 06:25
I did an 18.2k training run today. It didn't feel great, but sometimes you just have to keep going. It was a gorgeous run by the sea, which helped!
23 Mar 2014, 06:50
Well done on "keep going" @MaryAnn :like:
Are you training for a particular race?
23 Mar 2014, 07:25
Thanks, @RunningOlsen. I have a 10k in a couple of weeks, and more relevant to my training, a half-marathon in about a month. I'm hoping a long run, a hill run and 2x HIIT on the elliptical every week is enough to improve my times.
23 Mar 2014, 13:29
Beat my previous PB by all of 2 seconds in this morning's 10km, 46m26s. Pleased to be back in the 46m range as last 2 races 47 something. I think losing 1kg helped too. Course not to difficult, but cold wind and heavy showers so weather not ideal. I should have been able to push myself more over the last 2kms to get below 46 mins so am a bit annoyed with myself. I am a regular runner, perhaps more interval training needed to have more juice left at the end of a race!
My knee was fine during the run, but I'll probably have problems walking tomorrow.
Next race half marathon in 3 weeks.
@Purplicious Thanks for your advice on the podiatrist, I hadn't considered the feet impacting on the knee. I think my problem is caused by a knee sprain I had 3 years ago when I fell off a stool, it is since then I have the pain. But if the x rays and irm show nothing I'll try a podiatrist instead :smile:
23 Mar 2014, 13:43
Well done, Susan. Good luck on your half!
Previous 1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 98 Next
1467 posts Page 49 of 98