The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

610 posts Page 12 of 41
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 41 Next
Isis wrote: No 41 checking in with a loss of 1 lb. I am disappointed because I have tried so hard this week & am puzzled because I weighed myself at the start of my fast day & weigh the same this morning after my fast day? How weird is that? But at least I am going downwards again & nearing a BMI of 30 & once I get below that I will just be overweight not in the obese range :grin:

@Isis 1 lb is a good loss but I know what you mean - no movement for two weeks, fasted Thursday and weighed Friday .2 gain, weighed today and a 1 lb loss to a new time low. When I joined fastday I recall seeing a really good explanation of trends and graphs that showed our journey like a staircase descending. You will probably reap this weeks effort over the next week or so. :smile:
I've been feeling really down all today. I had a real good look at my tracker today because after having what I thought was a very good week this last week doing 4:3 with a fairly natural 16:8 with only one treat, a doughnut, I had gained a few ounces. I have been talking to myself all day trying to stop myself from throwing in the towel, mainly because when I looked over the tracker I had actually lost a grand total of 1.5 lbs in 10 months. 10 whole months and not even the equivalent of a loaf of bread in weight lost.

I know there are reasons, such as pain killers and surgery, for slow weight loss, but no weight loss at all, now that is a total downer. I am going to be really, really strict with myself this week and keeping well below my TDEE as a drastic measure. If the weight doesn't shift then, I am going to the doctors to get my thyroid checked.
At my present rate of loss I will be 101 years old before I reach target.
Julie I am sure it will start to get gone again once your body has fully recovered. You have had a big op and it must take time. Keep at it we are all here cheering you on.
No change for me this week, but at least its not a gain either.
#16 reporting after two weeks on the challenge and
Total weight lost in two weeks is 1 lb (out of 6! )
So 5 lbs left to goal.
Weight stayed the same after second week but I am keeping to my TDEE and taking care to control lower carbs.
Isis wrote: Strawberry conserve sounds lovely! I have never tried making jams or conserves because of all the sugar but I love occasionally eating them on fresh bread!

Ah, yes I don't tend to eat jam much either, I like making it though and it's good to give as pressies. We have a lot of fruit bushes on our allotment (which were already there when we got it) and there's only so much crumble/fruity alcohol you can make/consume especially when you're trying to shift the pounds.

Anyway my weigh in details from yesterday (bit late):
No 43
Saturday 5th July weigh in - 10stone 5.75 lb
loss of - 0.25lb
total loss since starting - 1.25 lb

So not an amazing week for me either although I thought I'd done ok, so not sure what's going on. Hopefully will catch up next week. Keep going people!
I'm feeling a lot better today. The talking too actually worked (now that was amazing) and I didn't pig out or comfort eat, in fact I came in under my TDEE. So I'm feeling more comfortable with myself. Weigh in next Saturday so I need to see how this week goes.
#8 reporting an 8lbs loss to 10st 13lbs and an inch off my weight THIS WEEK!!!
I've not fasted because of doing this phase 1 Zoe Harcombe summer blitz diet and it's certainly moved things around. I am onto phase 2 now until 14/7/14 ( what a pleasing number that looks) and don't know if I will go down anymore or go up. I plan to fast after this anyway.
So.
A change can be as good as a rest it seems, whatever that means. Um, I'll get my coat :0)
#21 checking in. I saw 8st 13lb once this week but today am up to 9st 2lb. 2lb over my challenge starting weight! Not good. Will try harder
@Wendy Darling Oh how I would love to be 9stone 2lb.....One day soon maybe. I don't expect it's much to do with you not trying hard enough, but maybe because you're so close to your ideal weight. They say it gets harder the closer to target you get...I'm not looking forward to this, but then again in a way I suppose I am.
I think so @egregious I had 21lb to lose and it took me 9 1/2 months. I picked 9st as a target because I thought it would be achievable. I have been maintaining now for 5 months but I would really like to lose a bit more. I don't know if it's because I'm on target or if it's because I'm not taking it as seriously as I did when I was losing and have become complacent so I am going to count calories this week just to be sure. You are doing very well. You'll get there. Especially with challenges like this one to keep you focused.
Way to go @Azureblue!

@Julieathome, glad you are feeling better.

@Wendy Darling, I agree with @egregious. You give me something to aim for.
@Wendy darling and @Julieathome, I am going through both your fustrations now. I am nearly 4000cals under my weekly tdee, but I have found that I need to be 5500cals under in order to lose weight. So, even with a 4000 deficit I am 1lb up this morning. :frown: :bugeyes: I was away for a few days, but I didnt think I overdid the food and tracked everything. I did frequently substitute healthy nutrious food for sweets, bread or beer though, as I am close to goal and thinking "sod it". It is the carbs and yeast that ruins me. @Azureblue, 8lbs, wow! Thats a huge loss at your BMI. You must have lost some of my weight too. :grin:

@Brand-ie, not sure about the stairs-shaped graph of weight loss, I think I am more like jagged teeth!
Challenger #20 reporting in......with a terribly modest three quarters of a pound loss!

Hoping the hormones settle down this week and that I can report an improvement (who knows...maybe even a whole pound, eh??) next week, ha ha!

Congrats to all those who are losing, to those who aren't, you have my total sympathy....but we will get there! Keep thinking about the many health benefits we are accruing too.......

Have a good week all! Xx

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
#63 checking in for my first time!
Saturday 5th Jul 2014 80.75kg/12st 10.02lbs/178.02lbs- BMI 27.94
Only down half a pound, but at least its the right direction!
I also went to the gym twice last week and tried to be much more active at home.
This week gym target is 2/3 times and increase cross trainer to 30mins + 5 cooldown and 8/10 machines per session. Also to be more active at home.
I also took my measurements for the first time in over a year :oops: :cry: BUT they will go down!
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 41 Next
610 posts Page 12 of 41