The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

201 posts Page 10 of 14
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Next
Re: Callanthe's 4:3
18 Nov 2015, 21:43
Hmmm, @Lizbean, tough questions...

One thing that really helps me is to write everything here. Hence that detailed journal. I try to write even when things go wrong, instead of digging myself under the rock in shame.
Also, planning in advance is really helpful.
And fast days, when I can simply turn off the thoughts about food. If only one could lose weight in the same way as quitting of smoking, just cut off the food completely. I'm "all or nothing" kind of person.

And struggles? Obviously, the food addiction, which appears whenever I'm stressed, upset, sad etc. In that case nothing helps and I just want to eat. Only food comforts me.
Also social events, but with this I seem to be able to work better and better. I have a tendency to go wild, I eat one thing and then I couldn't stop.
Impatience - I continue to fall of the wagon right when I'm such a small piece from some important progress, specific number on the scale etc. Really weird, like I hold on and on and then suddenly I have not enough willpower to wait anymore.
20 Nov 2015, 08:46
19.11. Non-fast day
Better and better.
around 2800 cals

Weightlifting training
21 Nov 2015, 07:21
20.11. Fast day
Gazpacho, few walnuts, dark chocolate

400 cals
21 Nov 2015, 23:36
Hi @Callanthe I'm back .... :wink:
You are doing great. :like: I get this wonderful sense of grit and determination from you and yes we get knocked off the saddle briefly from time to time. I find the longer I keep on track the clearer the journey becomes.
A young friend of mine struggles with emotional regulation and distress tolerance and she has joined a skills group where she is learning about the triggers that lead her to react and finding coping mechanisms to apply in the sequence of events, thoughts, feelings, and behaviours. One of the skills taught is mindfulness. She is learning how to self sooth where one behaves in a comforting (not food), nurturing, kind, and gentle way to oneself. She is doing really well. Today I bought her 'the mindfulness colouring book', anti stress art therapy for busy people ..... http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Mindfulness-Colouring-Book-Anti-stress/dp/0752265628. I should have bought one for me.

The things that have helped me: 'the kitchen is closed' - I have increased the amount of water I generally drink. My appetite is now under control having reduced the carbs, increased the veggies and introduced smaller potion sized plates. I eat at mealtimes and no longer buy food for snacks, instead I drink tea, water, coconut water. I have given up coffee apart from the occasional expresso as I find it makes me hungry.
My main struggles are around work-life balance and I seriously need to crack it. More exercise and work less hours. That said, I have reached that point in life where I'm questioning how I spend the remaining time of my working life? At the moment I keep myself busy .....avoiding the issue (in denial, hiding under that stone you mention), but it keeps raising it's head :shock: I guess that's my goal for 2016. Bedtime :sleepy: Keep going ... :clover:
23 Nov 2015, 11:58
21.11. and 22.11.
Lot of food (damnit) and lot of walking - 11 and 13 km
23 Nov 2015, 12:11
@Lizbean, thank you :) I will respond later :)
23 Nov 2015, 18:44
23.11. Fast day
Apples, goat cheese

350 cals
3 km walking
24 Nov 2015, 20:13
24.11. Non-fast day
Cappuccino
Two tiny tangerines
Baba ganoush with tortilla chips
Apples, goat cheese
Goulash, cauliflower mash
Raw bar
Baba ganoush with tortilla chips, tomatoes
Piece of chocolate

2700 cals (finally in control!)

Weightlifting training
25 Nov 2015, 20:06
25.11. Fast day
Apples, cappuccino, dried beef

350 cals

6,5 km walking
28 Nov 2015, 14:17
26.11. Non-fast day
Porridge
Apples, cottage cheese
Pumpkin purree with beef patties and baked veggies
Dark chocolate, cappuccino
Sweet potatoes, bacon
Milk chocolate

2700 cals
Weightlifting training

Soup - turkey, rice noodles, veggies, broth
Apples, softboiled egg
Sweet potatoes, pork belly, bacon
Dark and milk chocolate
Cappuccino, devon scone
Protein cake, wallnuts

3200 cals
Weightlifting training
28 Nov 2015, 17:05
28.11. Fast day
Apples, cappuccino
Dried beef

14,5 km walking
29 Nov 2015, 07:08
Today's weight 90,5 kg, all the excess is away, yay!
01 Dec 2015, 11:49
29.11. Non-fast day
4000 cals
3,5 km walking

30.11. Fast day
Apples, dark chocolate
400 cals
01 Dec 2015, 20:10
1.12. Non-fast day

Turkey, potato