The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

708 posts Page 40 of 48
Previous 1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 48 Next
Must own up to a bit of a carb fest yesterday and precious little exercise giving me a weight gain of 1.3 kgs overnight :0@
Must. Do. Better.
Keeping a count on carbs today ...
My half fast did the trick down another 1/2lb.
Well, this morning I'm up again. Right now I'm at 172 lbs, my goal was 165. Hoping this disappears quickly, but 165 is looking like a pretty big stretch right now!
#11 checking in to report I've reached my Easter Challenge target of 66.5kg! :grin:

I've decided to lower my overall target to 65kg as I've still got some flabby bits that could be reduced and my body fat is still a little over 30% (I'd like to get it under 30%). If it doesn't happen I won't be upset though.

Keep going everyone, you'll get there in the end!
Congratulations on meeting target @carorees!
What a lot you have on your plate right now @Maggiee - with all that to contend with, you need to go easy on yourself. Being mindful of what you are putting in will no doubt help lots, but let's also remember that however well we do, we will all be in a better place than when we started the challenge 10 weeks ago. Numbers & bodies are so arbitrary! Plus, we are in it for the long haul, aren't we? Brace yourself for the no doubt up-&-coming Summer Swimsuit/Bikini challenge - nooooooooooo!!

I am not anticipating any loss this week. In fact, I will probably gain thanks to TOTM. Have done 4:3 this week, but can feel the bloat coming on.......like a boat taking on water! :frown: As of this morning, I had dropped a pound, but I don't officially weigh in til Monday morning.......grrrr! Wouldn't mind recording that pound right now...

Great news @carorees - massive congrats! Lovely to read of your goal success. I consider you to be one of the best poster girls for the 5:2 WOL....and an inspiration. So thank you.

Good luck each & every one of you xxx

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Well done indeed @Carorees that's brilliant!

Bean :smile:
Let the records show that today......I absolutely flipping love, love, love my scales!

I love them so much I want to take them out for a coffee - just like you do with friends!

Don't worry....I haven't totally lost the plot, it's just that, out of interest (as you do) I nipped on this morning for an unofficial weigh in (proper one is Monday). All week they had been rather stubborn, but today, they tell me I am just 0.6lbs off my Easter Challenge goal!!

Just putting it out there......

Be back tomorrow once I've taken on a bit more water (see yesterday's post)....and cold hard reality strikes..........

Have a good day all xxx

It's great to read of so many successes at reaching goal. Very well done. Those like me, keep on persevering. I have very slight drops in weight and haven't been posting on the forum, but reading when I can.
Life very hectic: off teaching till after Easter, but am looking after 3 grandchildren, 18 mths, 4 and 7 while their mother my daughter recovers from a hernia repair operation. Imagine, no lifting or carrying or pushing for 6 weeks and very painful with a large incision. Her OH has to go back to work now having held the fort too. We have to do everything of course. I won't be into the forum much as you can imagine but am still holding the Easter Challenge in mind. :heart:
So I will certainly get my HIIT on the stairs etc, have done some advance cooking, doing all my fast days ( the family adults also usually fast so no problem for me) and that all really helps.
May be a point of interest: I am depending on two bulletproof coffees, instead of breakfast, which have kept me energetic, alive and well for hours. I have that fabulous Bodum Milk Frother. Butter, coconut oil, skim milk dash all frothed wonderfully. It goes in the microwave without the plunger,(metal rod), is manually operated( and can get on Amazon). :like:
Oh I feel like you Hazlenut! Weighed in at 11:1 today (despite the first day of my period) which means I am well on my way to reach my Easter challenge goal of 10:13! I failed the other two challenges so I'm feeling pretty chuffed now! Plus my BMI is now in the green!

Bean :grin:
image.jpg
(30.87 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Good work Beanster! X @nursebean
I can tell you'll soon be a Beanpole! :like:
Member #53 checking in. This has been much tougher than I thought. I am now 2 pounds away from my goal and just 2 weeks to do it. :shock: Thought I would have passed it by now. :frown:
Need to up my activity. I have been a regular slug. The relentless, horrible winter kept me in my cave like a bear for the past 4 months. Well today, FINALLY, it is going to be 10C !!!! That should help melt the 2 feet (still) of snow in my garden.

On a more positive note - Congratulations!!! to @carorees and @nursebean for your ongoing successes. You are inspirational :like: :heart: :like:

@nursebean I notice from your progress chart that things have really started moving since the beginning of March. What is your strategy now? Very impressive :like:
#28 checking in. I have managed to lose nearly all of my 'Germany' weight since Tuesday, bringing me back down to only a quarter of a pound over my 147 lb target, so well within my 2 lb 'buffer' zone! :smile:

Congratulations to @caroreesand @nursebean. Brilliant news! :like:
Thanks everyone! I sure hope I'll soon be a Beanpole :wink: @Judithn? I put my success down to my fasting every other day! I've found that fasting this regularly I manage to control myself on feast days, whereas when I did 5:2 I found the long gap between fasts just led to my overindulgence! I guess I have to say that the other possibility is the fact that I haven't eaten chocolate since Feb 10 :shock:

I've got 2lb to go soon. We can do it!! Good luck everyone xx

Bean :smile:
Well now....following on from my two recent posts.....

I have indeed taken on water.......but......

...have dropped some fat!

Whoop whoop.....have hit my Easter Challenge target! I now weigh 13 stone 0.8lbs....so will be staring a new stone number in the face sometime soon, hurrah!

Now all I have to do is not blow it this week and gain anything!

Yep, I'll keep plugging away......

Previous 1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 48 Next
708 posts Page 40 of 48